VN Ren'Py The Interim Domain [v0.24.0] [ILSProductions]

3.80 star(s) 37 Votes

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
Like one guy said it feels empty and lifeless...

It's also not hooking me in like now and then did.... Also it's no point in trying to build any romance or connect with the girls because they just gone be sent away once you help them... so another reason why I have a problem getting into the game..
Who knows .. maybe if you get enough Qi in the game (which that part isn't defined much) and you win the race (like highlander), and you get to define the new world, you can bring back all the girls in your harem. I don't know - but it is a guess based on the story so far. I mean the story doesn't have the feels like N&T but it is not a bad story, and it is progressing. I like it personally as the girls are well written and the story is engaging. I give a ton of slack to stories as they are going along. Plus lots of people are like "man no sex yet" so the dev has to prioritize getting sex in the game, and story, or people will bail.

Yes, everyone is dead .. so semi lifeless as you are not having them live out their entire lives, as they cannot since not everyone is in the interim. Plus only people with personal damage are still not transitioning, and need help. So you are only getting the basket cases (mentally) to work with.

Deleted member 4865569

Apr 26, 2022
Who knows .. maybe if you get enough Qi in the game (which that part isn't defined much) and you win the race (like highlander), and you get to define the new world, you can bring back all the girls in your harem. I don't know - but it is a guess based on the story so far. I mean the story doesn't have the feels like N&T but it is not a bad story, and it is progressing. I like it personally as the girls are well written and the story is engaging. I give a ton of slack to stories as they are going along. Plus lots of people are like "man no sex yet" so the dev has to prioritize getting sex in the game, and story, or people will bail.

Yes, everyone is dead .. so semi lifeless as you are not having them live out their entire lives, as they cannot since not everyone is in the interim. Plus only people with personal damage are still not transitioning, and need help. So you are only getting the basket cases (mentally) to work with.
yea it's not a bad game or nothing..

it got something but so far like you said it don't have that VIBE like N&T. Yea it's not fair to compare it to it but when I first played N&T I was hooked in minutes.

So for this game that's taking so long to hook me in and we in 9 updates already, is worrying to me. That's why I am just going to wait till it's completed to give it one more go.

hell maybe then I will get hooked since I can binge it.

Death_Ripper

Feb 2, 2019
yea it's not a bad game or nothing..

it got something but so far like you said it don't have that VIBE like N&T. Yea it's not fair to compare it to it but when I first played N&T I was hooked in minutes.

So for this game that's taking so long to hook me in and we in 9 updates already, is worrying to me. That's why I am just going to wait till it's completed to give it one more go.

hell maybe then I will get hooked since I can binge it.
So you just go into the game and youre like Hercule

SampFO

Aug 29, 2020
Can somebody help me? Am I missing something or I have to replay certain part to get this locked screen? Capture.PNG

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
I like this game a lot, it is a huge improvement over Now & Then, and that already was a good game.
The setting is pretty unique, the writing does well enough, and for a Honey Select game it also looks good and is posed/set up quite well.

However, I don't get the artificial restrictions on the existing content.
What is the reason to have content there I can't access until the next update? It doesn't hurt the story to let me play everything in an update, it seems so unnecessary to have content there I can only access by playing several times, in a game set up like "Interim Domain" is.

What's even more annoying is that the same even happens with the mod. Even then I can only play a few scenes more, before I get kicked out of the story.

Why though? Why. It makes no sense.

EricGrey

Nov 11, 2020
I also encountered a minor inconsistency where the MC had already learned about changing his appearance from Selene, but needed to go home to find a suit for a date with Marisa.
I noticed that as well, but then, he needed to go home to get the car, so it wasn't too much of a stretch, IMO.

I added spoilers, even though it's not a huge one.

Reactions: IndigoHawk

Anus Mundi

Nov 27, 2018
I like this game a lot, it is a huge improvement over Now & Then, and that already was a good game.
The setting is pretty unique, the writing does well enough, and for a Honey Select game it also looks good and is posed/set up quite well.

What is the reason to have content there I can't access until the next update? It doesn't hurt the story to let me play everything in an update, it seems so unnecessary to have content there I can only access by playing several times, in a game set up like "Interim Domain" is.

What's even more annoying is that the same even happens with the mod. Even then I can only play a few scenes more, before I get kicked out of the story.
I wholeheartedly agree with you.

Well, it does.....in a way, but this is just a guess:

Normally in these games with multiple girls/women to go after you either have some kind of "Go-get-'em-all-setting" or you have - at some point - to chose a path. Maybe here it's the opposite: you have - again at some point - to chose who to exclude; someone who ends up as a remnant or a shade. But this really is just a hunch.

Reactions: botc76

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017

There is only so much time to develop between monthly releases. The Dev focuses on giving content for almost every girl, but the story moves along as well. There will be a chance to see all the girls scenes (unless you ghost them, or screw them over) when the game is finished. It is a consequence of the dev making 7 days of in game, and being proactive and making a few releases with 9 scenes.

Reactions: sava75

erkper

May 16, 2018
There is only so much time to develop between monthly releases. The Dev focuses on giving content for almost every girl, but the story moves along as well. There will be a chance to see all the girls scenes (unless you ghost them, or screw them over) when the game is finished. It is a consequence of the dev making 7 days of in game, and being proactive and making a few releases with 9 scenes.
No it's not. Having only so much time between monthly releases has nothing to do with the issue at all. The content was created. It's there to be seen. It seems extremely arbitrary to most players (myself included) that content which has been created cannot all be seen in an update. If you're only going to allow 7 scenes to be viewed in an episode (update) then adding more than 7 scenes and forcing a player to not be able to see them all is going to create backlash and irritate players. Seems a bad design decision. Even if the plan is that eventually the players will be allowed to catch up. That seems almost the exact opposite of "proactive." And the predictable result is starting to rear its ugly head: scenes in the main storyline are starting to show up that infer or reflect on events from the character stories that the player may not have even seen due to limitations on how many scenes are allowed vs how many are available. Also seems like a bad design decision. I argued against this having a sandbox label and tag when this mechanic first presented, but if this is the way it's going to be until "the game is finished" then I guess that tag is merited.

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
No it's not. Having only so much time between monthly releases has nothing to do with the issue at all. The content was created. It's there to be seen. It seems extremely arbitrary to most players (myself included) that content which has been created cannot all be seen in an update. If you're only going to allow 7 scenes to be viewed in an episode (update) then adding more than 7 scenes and forcing a player to not be able to see them all is going to create backlash and irritate players. Seems a bad design decision. Even if the plan is that eventually the players will be allowed to catch up. That seems almost the exact opposite of "proactive." And the predictable result is starting to rear its ugly head: scenes in the main storyline are starting to show up that infer or reflect on events from the character stories that the player may not have even seen due to limitations on how many scenes are allowed vs how many are available. Also seems like a bad design decision. I argued against this having a sandbox label and tag when this mechanic first presented, but if this is the way it's going to be until "the game is finished" then I guess that tag is merited.
Fair enough. I am not a fan as well - I just was saying why it was happening, not rendering judgement on the efficacy or enjoyment of the game mechanic. Personally I would have a month where I have a few less lady interactions, but more of the main story so you could catch back up. To me, that is where the game is falling down, as I cannot see where the game is going in the main story line. The main story is hard to follow, maybe because I am knee deep in code writing the walkthrough I cannot see the forest for the trees. I have to play like 6 run-throughs to get all the content to see if what I am seeing works properly.

Reactions: erkper and sava75

K18

Apr 19, 2018
TheInterimDomain Update Banner copy.jpg
TheInterimDomain Sample Pic 1.jpg TheInterimDomain Sample Pic 2.jpg

This is the last update of 2022, or the first of 2023 depending on when you read it. I'd planned to get it out sooner, but this week was crazy at the day job. Unusually, the week between Christmas and New Years is Deadsville, population zero. In the late 80s/early 90s, most every shut down at the end of the year because everything after December 15th was a Next Year Problem.

With that said, let me wish you all a Happy New Year. May the following year be a great one for you.

Now, onto the work at hand: We have a fair amount of content for TID 0.10.0 already in an alpha state. While the main story is still being written, with thoughts towards progressing many of the threads already present, most of the side-story content is shot and "playable" though it needs some polish and audio work. There is some effort this time around to introduce increasing overlap and show that these people are starting to become less isolated from each other. They live in "a world" with Michael as a link between them all.

And 0.10.0 will feature a little bit of new code I had to figure out - a bit of math to add up how much Qi a player gets when they finally reach the end of a character's story line. It was a lot simpler than I suspected, but it involved knowing how to present the variables in a functional formula. Should've paid more attention in Calculus class.

Thanks for your support and interest,
-Kinderfeld

kokos94

Aug 31, 2022
ok i tryed it and must say that i did not expected so boring game from this dev...

if i will avoid cliches like stripper doesnt want be stripper and need be saved...or girl blackmailed by her sex tape, it is practicaly mix of short stories where u r forced to constantly hearing about other problems practicaly all time in game. after some time it started to be annoing.

After all if your will power is not decreased to zero by playing and hearing others bitching about their life, u will realize that u r hearing all that only to get rid of girls cause, well world ended and they r there only cause they need move out.

homestarwunner

Sep 26, 2020
Good morning, good afternoon, good evening wherever you are across the nation, around the world! Long time listener, first time caller.

I seem to have encountered a glitch with the game (mod installed). The shower sound effect has been stuck on for some time since a scene with Marisa. Like it's constantly water splatter mixed with the music. Is my save hosed or is there a file I can do a quick edit to in order to squash that? I can live with it overall, but it's a thing that happened, and I was curious.

Enjoying tf out of this, and if I can remove that minor annoyance, I'll be sucked into the story that much more. The story... yeah, story. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
Good morning, good afternoon, good evening wherever you are across the nation, around the world! Long time listener, first time caller.

I seem to have encountered a glitch with the game (mod installed). The shower sound effect has been stuck on for some time since a scene with Tina. Like it's constantly water splatter mixed with the music. Is my save hosed or is there a file I can do a quick edit to in order to squash that? I can live with it overall, but it's a thing that happened, and I was curious.

Enjoying tf out of this, and if I can remove that minor annoyance, I'll be sucked into the story that much more. The story... yeah, story. Thanks in advance!
Save the game - exit - restart the game. Easiest way to fix it. I had it too for a run through (I have had several runthroughs to get all the stuff).

3.80 star(s) 37 Votes