VN Ren'Py The Interim Domain [v0.25.0] [ILSProductions]

3.80 star(s) 38 Votes

Vualen

Nov 5, 2018
Quite nice, but I would more enjoy not so splitted story. Good animations and sounds(y) Advide to include milfy women, with thicker body ;)

NocturnalDev

Game Developer
May 18, 2021
To help me test the patcher script I made for my game, I am testing it in other games. So, I decided to share the patch.
If you are the dev of this game, and you don't want me to share these patches, just give me a heads-up.

Patch 0.7 to 0.8 (213MB): -

Just extract the patch in the same folder and overwrite any file.
If you have any issues with the patch, please report it to me.

This unofficial patch is not released by the developer, download at your own risk.

VN..reader

Aug 28, 2020
initially i get a strong 'the Sixth Sense' feel... "...I see dead people". and i kinda wonder if this is the case or is the MC just a little 'slow'. he can make what he wants of the world and simply doesn't get it. as i read comments of those farther in, the MC is gaining quite a few girls, so of course it will take time to fulfill their desires (i mean get them to move on). So, is this like 'Touched by an Angel' spot light the target so the can see the light at the end of the tunnel, or 'the Sixth Sense' the girls are there to get HIM to move on????
the pacing is a bit stilted but not awkward and the mystery of each subject is nicely intriguing. all in all a nice read.
at least that is my impression so far ;)

K18

Apr 19, 2018
TheInterimDomain Update Banner copy.jpg
TheInterimDomain Sample Pic 1.jpg TheInterimDomain Sample Pic 2.jpg

So, how about that ending? To quote P.T. Barnum "Always leave them wanting more." As you may imagine, the next chapter will delve into the "whys" about the situation, in so much as Mira understands them. Because, she may not be entirely privy to all of the reasons for the situation. Not everything will be given away as the situation is certain to evolve as the story progresses, but you should have some understanding as to why things have been weird in Michael's sanctuary.

In terms of game structure, 0.09.0 will have a few scenes that may pop up in different places depending on how you play. This is something I've wanted to introduce and is a nice side-effect of the Call/Return code structure in use. In Now & Then, scenes were built multiple times depending on what was happening. A conversation that could happen at two different times had to be written/coded/shot twice. But with this system, the core scene can be done once with unique scene transitions based on when you trigger it. So, if you haven't progressed a certain character's story enough to get the new scene by the time you hit the plot flag in the main story? The code toggles what plays out based on what "track" you're on.

Also, we're starting to hit a point where your choice menu's going to be packed with options (see sample below). So, we've got a few ideas in line to keep it functioning that we'll implement once we hit the code polish portion of the build.

Thanks for your interest,
-Kinderfeld

Reactions: M@ximus and erkper

K18

Apr 19, 2018

All right, by now you know how this works. We're in the polishing state of working on the latest build with a functioning alpha of the update running. We're making sure nothing's broken and putting in the audio code and some story flags. There's also a small bit of code added for a less-than-elegant solution to the Choice Menu if you somehow manage to get more than 10 choices, which I'm not even sure is possible at this point. Maybe someone wanting to see if they can break the game'll hold on for as many updates as possible to get that many. If so, there's a bit of scrolling code to cover you.

Story-wise, there'll be some answers here from the previous episode's big reveal and a lot of stage setting for the next big moment. While the first few chapters were a slow burn to introduce the cast, we're now in a place where we should be moving at a steady pace now.

Now & Then Director's Cut update:
By now, the for the revised menu splash image should be done. Or a moot point based on how the voting went. If this were Election Night in America, the news networks would be calling it early. So, I'll need to work on polishing that mock-up for the build. In terms of content, we're into the Endings portion of the game. Luckily, the code build for the Endings is done, so that won't have to be messed with too much, though making sure nothing gets broken as we add things. Content for the two new endings is being worked on and may take some time to properly integrate. Because of the sheer volume of scenes and animations, the original endings content took about six months to pull together as we worked on the main game. This shouldn't take that long, but I want to make sure they work seamlessly and get the same amount of care.

Thanks for you interest and patronage,
-Kinderfeld

K18

Apr 19, 2018

And here we are, with the new release looming. I know a lot of you were chomping at the bit after the cliffhanger of the last episode. And I wanted to have this ready to go before the Christmas Holiday, because I, like a lot of people, will be taking a few days downtime after a long year. I would say more about the update, but after 0.08.0, there's a lot that's super spoilery, meaning that a good portion of the main story's screens are off limits for samples this go around.

Before we wrap up things for the year, I do want to thank everyone for a great 2022 and wish everyone a great holiday. You all have been excellent and we couldn't have asked for better fans. If I don't speak to you (via messages, tweets or on the Discord) have a wonderful holiday season and see you in 2023!

Here's the release schedule for 0.09.0 (all scheduled for 11:59 am EDT release):
Tier 3 - December 18, 2022
Tier 2 -
December 20, 2022
Tier 1 -
December 22, 2022
Public -
December 23, 2022

Change Log 0.09.0
  • Added new main story scenes
  • New story for Kaitlin (9), Anita (7), Tina (7), Marisa (7), Robin (6), Roe (7), Sammy (2-3), Allison (1), ???(1)
  • Fixed typos and grammar errors
  • Fixed some thought-color coding for Marisa other scenes/changed the color for Roe to improve legibility
Thanks for your interest and support,
-Kinderfeld

M@ximus

Sep 14, 2018
The Interim Domain 0.09.0 - Public Release

Windows:
-
Mac: -
Android: -

Walkthrough:

Bugfix: There is a known issue where kissing with Robin in Story 6 doesn't end.
Fixed script file is attached, drop it in your game folder before you start that section.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Content_Consumer

Dec 24, 2019
Edit: One more thing. During earlier update I took note of this but was too lazy to comment just for that.
View attachment 2191594
Johanna is quite funny for a male name. Here in Finland it is quite usual female name, and female only.
Is it totally invented name or is that kind of male name in use somewhere?

It's a female name in English [as a primary language] speaking countries too.

Incog Ninja

Jul 5, 2020
Is now a good time to get into the game? Like are there a lot of content?

I played Now&Then so I have no doubts it'll be a good game, I just want to know if it's worth to download it now.

giqui

Conversation Conqueror
Game Compressor
Nov 9, 2019
The Interim Domain [v0.09.0] [ILSProductions]

COMPRESSED

SIZE ~ 681 MB

PC/MAC: - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Content_Consumer

Dec 24, 2019
I liked N&T and I keep seeing this come up in latest updates but every time I read the description it just removes any desire I might have had to try it.
The description makes the entire thing seem boring and pointless.

The main character (of your own naming) awakens to find himself in the Interim, a realm which exists between the old world and the new. Before long, he runs across Mira, an Entede--a metaphysical being sent to aid him.
Sent by who or what?

From her, he learns that he's there to assist those who've yet to properly move on. As these lingering humans desperately hold onto memories of their former lives
As someone playing the MC, why should I care about them any more than I care about random people I walk past in the street?
Plus we're all dead already anyway so who gives a shit?

he must help them come to terms with their existence
I must?
Why?
Don't tell me what to do, in fact the more you try and make me do anything the more likely it is that I'll do the opposite just to piss you off.

all the while learning about the reason for his own situation.
This makes it even less likely I'll willingly do anything for anyone, considering we're all already dead, I have no idea why I'm in this situation and someone or something is trying to force me to dance to their tune.

There is nothing in this description which suggests to me that this story is a good time waiting to be had.

Then I read through the comments to see if maybe its just a bad description and it really is a decent story like N&T was but now, it actually seems to get worse;

It seems to mostly be some disjointed, sandbox-esq scene-selector with a cast that the whole point is to get rid of them as quickly as you can, thus making caring about them pointless.

It seems about as interesting as a bunch of standard fetch-quests in an RPG, aka boring filler to pad out the main story, which is likely not that robust since apparently it needs a bunch of filler quests to even make it seem longer and more involved than it actually was anyway.

Basically, the description doesn't make the story seem interesting and the comments don't change or challenge that impression.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Sent by who or what?
Her superiors, some powerfull beings which more or less rule the interim.
As someone playing the MC, why should I care about them any more than I care about random people I walk past in the street?
Plus we're all dead already anyway so who gives a shit?
Helping them gives you mana, which makes you more powerful, also their souls will be lost otherwise.
You need it cause you are one of the chosen ones which compete with each other, the winner defines how the new world will be like.
I must?
Why?
Don't tell me what to do, in fact the more you try and make me do anything the more likely it is that I'll do the opposite just to piss you off.
Because otherwise one complete psycho will likely ''kill'' you and the new world will be a nightmare.
This makes it even less likely I'll willingly do anything for anyone, considering we're all already dead, I have no idea why I'm in this situation and someone or something is trying to force me to dance to their tune.

There is nothing in this description which suggests to me that this story is a good time waiting to be had.

Then I read through the comments to see if maybe its just a bad description and it really is a decent story like N&T was but now, it actually seems to get worse;

It seems to mostly be some disjointed, sandbox-esq scene-selector with a cast that the whole point is to get rid of them as quickly as you can, thus making caring about them pointless.

It seems about as interesting as a bunch of standard fetch-quests in an RPG, aka boring filler to pad out the main story, which is likely not that robust since apparently it needs a bunch of filler quests to even make it seem longer and more involved than it actually was anyway.

Basically, the description doesn't make the story seem interesting and the comments don't change or challenge that impression.
I wouldn't say it's a bad game by any means. But it feels like working on a task list, the story is separated in arcs for each LI, they only very slowly beginn to interwin with each other and only in the latest updates.
So far it doesn't come close anywhere near N&T.

Deleted member 4865569

Apr 26, 2022
once again trying to get into this game because I loved Now&Then and the story, characters, and writing was up to par and good.

But man idk if it was my expectations because of N&T or not but I just cannot get into this game..

I try every update or so, hell I even skipped 2 updates.

Like one guy said it feels empty and lifeless...

It's also not hooking me in like now and then did.... Also it's no point in trying to build any romance or connect with the girls because they just gone be sent away once you help them... so another reason why I have a problem getting into the game..

idk might try for the last time when this game is complete because right now I get bored to fast playing it. maybe down the line my opinion will change.

3.80 star(s) 38 Votes