VN Ren'Py The Interim Domain [v0.26.0] [ILSProductions]

3.80 star(s) 38 Votes

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
I mean, yes and no, Honey Select, even HS1, can look absolutely amazing... take a look at Pale Carnations for peak HS1 visuals... With this game (and Now & Then) The problem is more the quality of the images... they're very compressed (and they probably use lower settings) and it shows... I guess it's a good idea considering how long it is, but I wouldn't mind more quality the next time... This game has some nice scenes that would look incrediblr if they had a better quality, but oh well...
Dev stated in the past they didn't want it to look too polished as it was in a world that was bleak. If the dev had focused on getting excellent quality .. we would just now being done with the first game (due to the number of images and chapters) and not being almost done with the second. Sometimes the enemy of good is perfection.

Reactions: PaxHadrian17
Feb 25, 2022

Patreon post image.jpg

For For June 2024's Public Wallpapers we
wanted to do an homage to a classic of 70s and 80s cinema: The Sex Comedy. The likes of Animal House and gave many of us our first eyeball-full of naked ladies in showers. Also, for some reason, the opening of had a gratuitous high school shower scene.

Also, check out the

Patreon post image-1.jpg

June 2024 Public #1

Patreon post image-2.jpg

June 2024 Public #2

Hope you enjoy!

-Kinderfeld

Jacowboy

Aug 8, 2022
Dev stated in the past they didn't want it to look too polished as it was in a world that was bleak. If the dev had focused on getting excellent quality .. we would just now being done with the first game (due to the number of images and chapters) and not being almost done with the second. Sometimes the enemy of good is perfection.
ehhh, I'm not sure it'd take that much longer, HS doesn't have to render images like DAZ does...

Mar 22, 2023
The Interim Domain [v0.26.0] [ILSProductions] - Compressed

Win/Linux [2,05 GB]
- MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN -

Mac [2,02 GB]
- MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
------------------------------
The Interim Domain [v0.26.0] [ILSProductions] - Update only

The patch may break your game, use at your own risk.

Universal: v0.25.0 -> v0.26.0 [166 MB]
- MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Please @ me or quote this post if there is a new version that doesn't show up on the "Latest Updates" page.
Thx, very much appreciated!

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
ehhh, I'm not sure it'd take that much longer, HS doesn't have to render images like DAZ does...
There is a lot of touch-up in post after rendering with things like photoshop or GIMP. If you spend twice the amount of time doing touch-up to clear up all perfections, there is much delay added. But in a month (the Devs usual cycle), at least 50% is spend on rendering. If you double rendering time (and touch-up), then you are effectively making release every 1.5 months instead of every month. Which mathmatically (30 releases in N&T, 4 months between games, 26 releases in TID, so 56 months for game releases), you would only be on Chapter 7 of TID at this point.

Jacowboy

Aug 8, 2022
There is a lot of touch-up in post after rendering with things like photoshop or GIMP. If you spend twice the amount of time doing touch-up to clear up all perfections, there is much delay added. But in a month (the Devs usual cycle), at least 50% is spend on rendering. If you double rendering time (and touch-up), then you are effectively making release every 1.5 months instead of every month. Which mathmatically (30 releases in N&T, 4 months between games, 26 releases in TID, so 56 months for game releases), you would only be on Chapter 7 of TID at this point.
huh?? if they touch-up 10 images, it's the same amount of time whether they're high res or low res... it's still 10 images... I'm not sure what you're talking about here... =/

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
huh?? if they touch-up 10 images, it's the same amount of time whether they're high res or low res... it's still 10 images... I'm not sure what you're talking about here... =/
I am saying to make the images more polished, above what they are doing, there would be a lot more post rendering touch-up, extending the time it takes to do the rendering for any chapter. If there is 3 weeks of rendering, post rendering touch-up per chapter (as the Dev has said is their usual cycle), then having to a lot more touch-up in post to make them more polished takes time, extending each release. Adding approx 50% more time in post rendering touch-up to make them more polished would mean the dev would only be on chapter 7 of TID at the moment.

The enemy of good is perfection .. that is my main point.

Antherak

Aug 20, 2020
That's not really "touching up" images. Lets say for example, just using the stock assets takes 30 minutes per image. Getting higher quality isn't only saying "render image in 4k". If you download a .gif icon for example, zooming will not make it look better.

They have to work much longer on it with photoshop to clean up artefacts, modify assets so they aren't stock, do better lighting and posing, etc. Who knows how much extra time it takes PER EVERY IMAGE. AN extra hour each? more? Times 300 to 500 images per chapter. Also, the bigger the image, the longer it is to render.

At this point, the dev has a choice. Make better looking images, have one chapter released every 3-4 months like a lot of games here with "good quality" and have the game be 9 gigs, OR let the images on "ok" quality, get 1 chapter every 4-5 weeks and have the game be 2 gigs.

Jacowboy

Aug 8, 2022
At this point, the dev has a choice. Make better looking images, have one chapter released every 3-4 months like a lot of games here with "good quality" and have the game be 9 gigs, OR let the images on "ok" quality, get 1 chapter every 4-5 weeks and have the game be 2 gigs.
I'm just gonna ignore the rest because it doesn't matter... but yes, you're right, the decision would be to up the quality and have it take longer or not... imo it'd be nice for it to look a bit better, even if it takes a bit longer... they'd need to find a good middle-ground solution so it doesn't take THAT long...

Either way, I think they're gonna upgrade to HS2 anyways, so it might be a good idea to at least decrease the compression on the images and the videos... these days it's not like having a large download is too much of an issue.

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
I'm just gonna ignore the rest because it doesn't matter... but yes, you're right, the decision would be to up the quality and have it take longer or not... imo it'd be nice for it to look a bit better, even if it takes a bit longer... they'd need to find a good middle-ground solution so it doesn't take THAT long...

Either way, I think they're gonna upgrade to HS2 anyways, so it might be a good idea to at least decrease the compression on the images and the videos... these days it's not like having a large download is too much of an issue.
Dev said they are using HS2 for Game 3. They had setup too much world building in HS1 before HS2 came out for TID, thus didn't want to switch over as it came out after he had already started this game. Somewhere I have seen some sample images of the new game, and yes, they are little better.

Reactions: PaxHadrian17

bobbo69

Engaged Member
Donor
Jun 18, 2017
The Interim Domain 0.27.0 Update #1
59 minutes ago

The Interim Domain 0.27.0 Update #1

All right! We are deep into this build and looking to get as much as we can packed in before it's done.

0.27.0 will bring the main story to as close to the end as you can get without us actually not working on it anymore. In fact, your last choice will allow you to go to the end, but at this point, all you can unlock is the Bad End. This will transition to 0.28.0's "perpetual day" mode, where you can just keep going on to finish up other content.

Two girls (Kaitlin and Mina) will have their ending content installed, but it'll be mostly an incomplete experience without the others. The Ending setup is to go Ending Opening Act > Main Girl Story > Montage of other people you saved > Main Girl Epilogue. So, there is an intent that you should complete enough other stories to clear the Qi point total not to get the bad ending.

There is also some background work on continuity fixes for characters no longer in the Interim. A large portion of Robin's story now has alternative scenarios if Tina's already gone.

Also, be aware that from this point onward, there will be serious spoilers in the teaser images. We'll try to keep the bigger reveals under wraps but if you want to go into the end and endings blind, you might want to look away.
Hope you enjoy the experience. Thanks for playing.
- Kinderfeld

3.80 star(s) 38 Votes