VN Ren'Py The Interim Domain [v0.26.0] [ILSProductions]

3.80 star(s) 38 Votes

Crosaith.

Nov 18, 2017
It is an odd situation when you think about it (regarding love interests and a harem).

You're basically in limbo, everyone is dead, and you're an envoy to help people move on to the afterlife. Sure you're meeting all these girls and gaining relationship points with them, but the end goal is to help them move on. They won't be sticking around to have a relationship with you or for you to build a harem or any of that.

In the end, we can have fun, but we'll be alone eventually after we helped them all move on. Mira seems like the only one who could be a potential permanent love interest, cause she'll still be there after the rest have crossed over. Though wouldn't of seen her as a love interest in the beginning as she seems to just think of the MC as a tool. But this latest update seems to show she'll be taking a more active role in your actions now. Meaning chances to get closer to her than before.

It's interesting to say the least. Something to think about it.
Yeah, I've been wondering that as well. I'm finding it difficult to get invested in the story/characters. The quality of this game is obvious... but I think I enjoyed Now and Then a lot more. I'm not hooked to this one and don't really care about what happens.

Harkonnan

Give me chiisana oppai!
Game Developer
Oct 24, 2020
Something you may want to fix.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

After playing the game I can say I like where it's going, but I'm having trouble feeling "invested" in the characters and story. To me it seems like the MC is just kind of floating through the story with no real anchor or sense of purpose. I'm not sure what is lacking. I will continue to play the game as future updates come out. Overall I feel the story is very interesting. Keep up the good work.

Last edited:

JenusKudo

Aug 4, 2017
I like that guy who goes around killing people to collect qi. Very efficient. Meanwhile, mc is collecting relationship point and very rarely collect qi. If it's harem, mc won't get any qi from girls... If he collect qi, the girls will disappear.

Lebeaubrun

Oct 27, 2019
Yeah, I've been wondering that as well. I'm finding it difficult to get invested in the story/characters. The quality of this game is obvious... but I think I enjoyed Now and Then a lot more. I'm not hooked to this one and don't really care about what happens.
Well most game have pre existing relationship cause its an easy way to have an investment right away but hopefully with this game the more you learn about the character the less itll be a problem.

K18

Apr 19, 2018
TheInterimDomain Update Banner copy.jpg
TheInterimDomain Sample Pic 1.jpg TheInterimDomain Sample Pic 2.jpg

The Interim Domain 0.05.0 update #1
And with very little down time, we're fully onto the development of 0.05.0. In fact, we have bits and pieces of the first 60 percent of the build already in a semi-functioning state (no music, missing transitions to the next major scene, etc.).

I did want to bring up something that came up in the wake of the last release. With the back-end code largely locked in, it's freed up some time to actually sneak in additional story sequences. So, 0.04.0 had an extra Roe scene slipped in that you might not have gotten to play. Or maybe you did and someone else had to wait. Not to worry: it'll be there when the next update hits. Over the next few releases, we figure to have a few extras snuck in. So, you will have to pick which stories you want to progress at that time.

As brought up in an , we've implemented code to provide warning messages for players when they hit certain important moments in the story, so they can save if they want. Based on the , we've added a toggle button (see below), to allow players to turn this on/off. So, if you don't want your immersion ruined or you want to live with your choices, you can boot up 0.05.0 and hit that button.
screenshot0004 copy.png

Thanks for your interest and patronage,
-Kinderfeld

K18

Apr 19, 2018

The Interim Domain 0.05.0 update the second
By now, we're looking at a fully-functioning alpha of 0.05.0. Most of the next week or so will be spent filling in transitions between scenes and polishing up the script and code.

While the main story is starting to reveal increasingly more of the players and their motivations, the side-stories promise to ramp up in terms of content and the nature of your relationships. Also of note, 0.05.0 is the first chapter where you might trigger flags which bring about bad endings for characters, whether by making certain choices or a lack of Like points.

In terms of future content, we are working--in what little free time we have--on upcoming romantic scenes which'll pop up over the next few releases. Considering how many potential love interests there are, we figured we'd best get working ahead rather than have it possibly impact later deadlines.

Thanks for the interest and patronage,
-Kinderfeld

Blossop

Jan 19, 2018
Dead people can only be in one-on-one relationships, and remnants and shades can't be love interests at all, and yet I see a way for the MC to have a harem. Mira, other Entende, and other Archons could be in his harem. If MC seduces enough members of the Ur-Entende, he might even be able to put sexy Precepts into the next world.

But that is probably not the story this visual novel will tell.

edit: he will sleep with Mira. He will probably sleep with another Archon. He might sleep with another Entende, maybe even a member of the Ur-Entende. But I don't think he'll sleep with more than one of those.

Last edited:

K18

Apr 19, 2018

The Interim Domain 0.05.0 update 3 and release calendar
Here we are, with the latest release of The Interim Domain on it's way. By now, the development part (integrating the scenes into the main architecture of the game's code) of each build is fairly streamlined. In fact, because of a lot of up-front work, we've already got portions of content for the next three releases created and just sitting in a holding pattern until those portions are ready to implement.

Because of this, I often find myself wanting to talk about content that's off in the distance when you all haven't even seen the current stuff. It's something I have to be careful with, especially with regards to spoilers. I guess that's the curse of having "mental storyboards" of many of the plot points in your head.

For those who may have missed some of the earlier posts, when you boot up 0.05.0, be sure to check out the options and decide whether to leave Warning Messages on or off. The default will have them pop up when you're about to hit a decision point that may lead to a bad outcome. Of course, if you're not keeping your relationships' Like points up, you may end their storyline prematurely, so be aware of that. Besides that, Like points tend to open up additional content in scenes, so it's always for the best to try and manage your relationships.

Here's the release schedule for 0.05.0 (all scheduled for 11:59 am EDT release):
Tier 3 - August 13, 2022
Tier 2 -
August 15, 2022
Tier 1 -
August 17, 2022
Public -
August 18, 2022

Change Log 0.50
  • Added new main story scenes
  • New story for Kaitlin (4), Mina (5), Tina (3), Roe (3), Marisa (2-3), Anita (3), and Robin (1)
  • Changed daytime theme music
  • Added the option to turn off/on in-game warning messages
Thanks for your interest and support,
-Kinderfeld

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
Unfortunately, the game is not enjoyable to play in its current state. There's still basically zero emotional investment in anyone, including the MC, and with the utter lack of pre-existing connections, everything's a slow burn being slow-walked. There are two (as of 0.05.0) H scenes, but both are pretty heavily telegraphed to be part of a Bad End for one of the characters.

I'm deeply disappointed to have to stop supporting the game and stop checking updates, after how much I loved Now & Then, but this game is currently 10 hours of people being unhappy with no emotional or romantic payoff.

pothb

Jan 28, 2018
I disagree with you but eh...

and nice, All the girls I like are getting a lot of scenes.

M@ximus

Sep 14, 2018
The Interim Domain v0.05.0 - Public Release
Windows:
-
Mac:
-
Android: -

Walkthrough*:

* Courtesy of internet denizen Mordred93

Change Log 0.50

• Added new main story scenes
  • New story for Kaitlin (#4), Mina (#5), Tina (#3), Roe (#3), Marisa (#2-#3), Anita (#3), and Robin (#1)
  • Changed daytime theme music
  • Added the option to turn off/on in-game warning messages

P3zz0

MP-40 Enjoyer
Donor
Compressor
Jul 8, 2017
The Interim Domain [v0.05.0] [ILSProductions] [Half-Tested]

Compressed game for Windows/Linux and Mac

Initial Size: 630 Mb
Compressed Size: 355 Mb (PC) - 320 Mb (Mac)

PC: - - -
Mac: - - -

Space Cat

May 9, 2020
I really liked this dev's last game, so I have high hopes for this one. The plot seems to have been inspired by one of them animes. :)

JB08

Aug 6, 2016
My recent save wont load, goes straight to main menu. No error, nothing. Just back to main menu. My second newest save just before that one does load though, but ends at the previous updates ending and sends me to the main menu. I cant see the new content.

NiteVelan

Aug 2, 2020
I very like "Now & then" story, but this a little boring. The plot of this story is little disappointing. It's like "Dr. house" 1 episode 1 story. And disappointing that MC cant have "happy end" with one of the heroine, coz is end of world and they all dead. No light in the end of tunnel. In "Now & then" u have a hope, but here is "dead end". Story feels a little hollow, coz background is shadows and cant interact or making impact on story. I can be wrong, i hope i wrong and in the future it will change.

NiteVelan

Aug 2, 2020
I have an idea, that could flip this plot and return hope in the story.MC can try to stitch together domain pieces, and reborn old world. Go against the system!

Last edited:
Reactions: Real Kreten

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
My recent save wont load, goes straight to main menu. No error, nothing. Just back to main menu. My second newest save just before that one does load though, but ends at the previous updates ending and sends me to the main menu. I cant see the new content.
If you used a wt mod with the earlier version of the game, it might have messed with your save. The Dev mentioned tomorrow the updated walk through mod should be released, so installing it might correct the jumping to game menu issue. (I'm having the same issue as well.)

3.80 star(s) 38 Votes