VN Ren'Py The Interim Domain [v0.26.0] [ILSProductions]

3.80 star(s) 38 Votes

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
As with most zombies stories, the zombies' aren't a focus of the story but merely work as a driver. and tbh, zombies are way less silly than most of the other stuff. There is a fungus that can cause zombie like effects. Though, from what i remember, it only affects on deers, and i think is also the basis for the last of us' infection or whatever that game uses/calls it.
Thank you. I'll probably play it during a lull of other games.
Have a good one and I appreciate the help.

Cheers

Harkonnan

Give me chiisana oppai!
Game Developer
Oct 24, 2020
After playing this latest update I think I'm liking it a bit more. Having the MC assert himself a little helps a lot in my opinion. It seems he's trying to find the direction he wants to take things. I now want to see what he plans to do in the future. I am enjoying the story so far and am looking forward to the next release. Thanks for all the hard work your putting into this.

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
So, here I go probably being incorrect again but oh well.... lol I'm not trying to be hateful.

Something/someone runs into the MC's house and locks themselves in a bedroom.
The MC bangs on the door but then doesn't do anything else about it?

He might kick the door in. Might be tools in the house/garage he could use. OR since he has
the power to appear anywhere he wants, he could check that way......
Or he can just keep being a wimp and leave it alone and not do anything. lol

I just thought that was kind of funny, the bedroom thing....

Heck, I certainly wouldn't leave then come back and sleep in my room like everything
was normal....Then the monster would come get me!! lol MUCH worse than the monsters
under the bed!

That, and a couple other things were what had me go ahead and delete the game.
It's not on my ignore list though so I'll see the updates and maybe try it again sometime
in the future.

Cheers Everyone

erkper

May 16, 2018
So, here I go probably being incorrect again but oh well.... lol I'm not trying to be hateful.

He might kick the door in. Might be tools in the house/garage he could use. OR since he has

Heck, I certainly wouldn't leave then come back and sleep in my room like everything
was normal....Then the monster would come get me!! lol MUCH worse than the monsters
under the bed!

It's not on my ignore list though so I'll see the updates and maybe try it again sometime
in the future.

Cheers Everyone
He talks about kicking the door in. As in "not a chance in hell that would work." And he can't really just appear anywhere he wants, it's far from that simple as he seemed to discover when he was training/learning the process. It has to be somewhere he can picture - but who's to say what it looks like on the other side of that door? It's a meta construct - it's not really his mom and step-dad's house. I agree he gave up a little easily - I might have tried going from the outside, as it seems at least his bedroom has a tree leading to the window after all - but I'm sure he'll figure it out eventually. I'm personally kind of thinking it will be Allison.

JenusKudo

Aug 4, 2017
Btw... What a project manager should do? It was during that office lady's route.....

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
Btw... What a project manager should do? It was during that office lady's route.....
Are you asking what a project manager does as a job IRL? Or what changes does it have on the story?

IRL: A PM basically runs a project, they make sure everyone is doing what they promised or supposed to be doing, sets up meetings, manages timelines, reports to management, etc.

In Story: it changes the dialog - nothing else at this point. You can pick any of the 3 jobs and all it does is change the dialog when you interact with 2 girls (the young neighbor and the working girl - forget their names at 7am).

LGM

Nov 22, 2018
Pretty good so far. There are a couple of issues I noticed:

It seems that loading a save from before you name the MC causes errors. They can simply be ignored, but this should probably not happen.

There is one scene in particular I've seen at least 3 more times after the first time. Namely the scene where MC jumps to the place above where he lives and finds the lingerie store.

JenusKudo

Aug 4, 2017
I see... Thanks for your explanation. I was actually asking about the marisha(office lady) route where she tells you to do your part. There's 3 task just like 3 position of job. Since I choose project manager, my mc is supposed to plan everything.
Are you asking what a project manager does as a job IRL? Or what changes does it have on the story?

IRL: A PM basically runs a project, they make sure everyone is doing what they promised or supposed to be doing, sets up meetings, manages timelines, reports to management, etc.

In Story: it changes the dialog - nothing else at this point. You can pick any of the 3 jobs and all it does is change the dialog when you interact with 2 girls (the young neighbor and the working girl - forget their names at 7am).

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
I see... Thanks for your explanation. I was actually asking about the marisha(office lady) route where she tells you to do your part. There's 3 task just like 3 position of job. Since I choose project manager, my mc is supposed to plan everything.
If you mean the correct choice to get a point with Marisa, for Project Manager, choose to work on the testing plan. The other correct choices are: Graphic Designer: presentation and IT/Data Analyst: data.

Reactions: JenusKudo

K18

Apr 19, 2018
TheInterimDomain Update Banner copy.jpg
TheInterimDomain Sample Pic 1.jpg TheInterimDomain Sample Pic 2.jpg

I'd say that we're starting development of the next release, but really, we've been doing that for a while now. Probably since the last build was uploaded. Hell, some of these scenes were already in an alpha state even before that (because some of the more involved sequences really need to be worked on ahead of time so as not to overload the schedule for later releases).

I know that the game's been slowly building, but 0.06.0 will start delivering some bigger personal moments. In fact, we've moved up the release of one of Kaitlin's lengthier scenes to this update (meaning she'll have two story sequences to play). And the main story will start moving from world building to linking the various threads together.

In terms of technical work, most of the development for TID has been pretty streamlined. The update is broken down into main story content, side stories sequestered to their specific files, and what we like to call "other" scenes, where you can view moments from other characters perspectives. But, there is one thing we've had to pick up the slack on: custom or modified animations. Apparently, there are a lack of certain things (like lap dances and decent "genital massages") that had to be rectified.

Thanks for your interest and patronage,
-Kinderfeld

K18

Apr 19, 2018
TheInterimDomain Sample Pic 1.jpg TheInterimDomain Sample Pic 2.jpg

The Interim Domain 0.06.0 update #2
Now with the three-day weekend over (Labor Day in the States), it's back to work. Not like we didn't squeeze in some work during the time off from our paying jobs, if we're being honest. For 0.06.0, there's already a playable alpha build that's going through some passes to polish it up. There are some lengthier moments here as you get to know more about the girls, one of which I'm still debating on whether or not to add to the Gallery (it's more about sexual tension than lewds).

Of particular note in this build are the Others Scenes: These were put in to show the world from the viewpoint of the love interests, to give insight to their characters beyond the MC's interactions. There's a little weird hiccup that I discovered while testing. If one were to blow through all of one character's scenes right in a row, they might trigger both of their current Others scenes, which feels a little off in terms of pacing and breaking the illusion of a narrative timeline. A tweak to make sure this doesn't become a problem is being worked on.

Now and Then FINAL (Director's Cut)
Right now, we're somewhere between Chapters 18 and 20, working on cleaning up the script and some tweaks to the code. A new scene's been added to 20 and we're on the lookout for more moments to fill in. Between now and the end of the rework, we have the fun of knowing what we want to add but also trying to find out where we can squeeze it in so that it fits into the mood and narrative. When the last five chapters are already packed tight, it can prove to be a challenge.

And make no mistake, with all the new content, this is a full-blown Director's Cut. We already have six new gallery scenes in various states and need to add new conversations and scenes for the bonus ending sequences. Yes, this is formal confirmation of what I've been hinting at for a few months now: There are two new endings being added. How to get one of them will require a certain set of decisions to unlock it. And if you have trouble, there'll always be the gallery unlock option and an unlock for viewing the endings.

Thanks for your interest and patronage,
-Kinderfeld

mpekas

Jul 2, 2017

under the bed!

in the future.

Cheers Everyone
Or you can think of the house as the physical manifestation of the MC's psyche and he was just
not ready to open that particular door and face what's behind it - in any case i trust this particular
dev with everything other than english contractions ;p

K18

Apr 19, 2018
TheInterimDomain Sample Pic 2.jpg TheInterimDomain Sample Pics copy.jpg

Well, hell, where does the time go? With the way the schedule's been as of late, getting 0.06.0 ready for release has kind of snuck up on us. There's a lot packed into this release, including a potential Bad End for Roe (if you were unlucky) and a trio of interludes for Mina depending on how you ended the last update with her. Also, some lengthier moments for Kaitlin, Tina, and Anita.

There's also a few minor script and code polishes in this update, including a missing line that wouldn't return players to the main story from some of the later Elsewhere scenes. And, Selene was mislabeled at the end of the chapter, not unlike the Ted/TV hiccup from Now and Then like two years ago, where name define content got merged and two characters had the same shortcut label.

For those paying attention to download sizes, this release will be the first one with some compression to get it more streamlined. With how many files N&T ended up being, I figured it was best to start slimming down the file size bloat now rather than when I have to tighten the proverbial belt.

Here's the release schedule for 0.06.0 (all scheduled for 11:59 am EDT release):
Tier 3 - September 15, 2022
Tier 2 - September 17, 2022
Tier 1 - September 19, 2022
Public - September 20, 2022

Change Log 0.06.0
  • Added new main story scenes
  • New story for Kaitlin (5-6), Roe (4, *), Marisa (4), Tina (4), Anita (4), Robin (2-3), Mina (*)
  • Fix a small bit of code for the Elsewhere scenes where two didn't immediately return back to main story on completion
Thanks for your interest and support,
-Kinderfeld

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
No early release? Oh well. Public is in 2 days anyway.
I haven't seen an early release on this game that I can recall here. Since the Dev releases it to the public after a few days, it usually ends up here after it is public like you said. I can think that Now and Then only got one early release (of the 26 chapters) that I can recall ... I can say there is some good content to whet your appetite :)

• Wow
Reactions: sava75 and JB08

pothb

Jan 28, 2018
Considering the number of Kaitlin content, I'd have to agree.

That said, any idea what the asterisks means?

M@ximus

Sep 14, 2018
The Interim Domain 0.06.0

Windows:
-
Mac:
-
Android:
-

Walkthrough:

Changelog:
  • Added new main story scenes​
  • New story for Kaitlin (5-6), Roe (4, *), Marisa (4), Tina (4), Anita (4), Robin (2-3), Mina (*)​
  • Fix a small bit of code for the Elsewhere scenes where two didn't immediately return back to main story on completion​

Alex5280

Sep 3, 2020
I ran into a continuity error in this update. Towards the end of the update the MC was having some inner monologue while taking a shower. He mentions being at Roe's house, but I had not seen that scene yet. I'm not going to be too surprised if this happens more often with not being able to see all the content in the releases, since there are more events available than the game will allow to be seen per update.

Last edited:

LoneRanger11

Jul 3, 2020
The Interim Domain 0.06.0
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with both F95Zone and the developer of this game.
If you run into issues please use this thread or join us on !

We're crowdfunded, !​

Reactions: superdragon7
3.80 star(s) 38 Votes