VN Ren'Py The Interim Domain [v0.26.0] [ILSProductions]

3.80 star(s) 38 Votes

erkper

May 16, 2018
Any fun yet?
Yes, there's a full-on sex scene in this update if you played your cards right to this point. Whether doing so is a good idea or not is up for debate (I tend to think it is in this case, whereas I think the previous gallery scene blowjob was a bad idea.) But you can always save before the choice, get the scene to unlock the gallery, then replay and NOT do it...

BarbarrossaNA

Sep 10, 2019
Is it bad that I watched the entire youtube video after clicking on 'Uncle Phil Style"?

Still loving this game. 2 thumbs up

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
I very like "Now & then" story, but this a little boring. The plot of this story is little disappointing. It's like "Dr. house" 1 episode 1 story. And disappointing that MC cant have "happy end" with one of the heroine, coz is end of world and they all dead. No light in the end of tunnel. In "Now & then" u have a hope, but here is "dead end". Story feels a little hollow, coz background is shadows and cant interact or making impact on story. I can be wrong, i hope i wrong and in the future it will change.
How do you know what the end it? The MC is collecting QI and is an Archon. He might end up as a Mira the next time around (as the QI champion). I mean it ain't over till the last chapter or until the Dev says something about the ending (which I haven't seen).

I will admit this is a slower burn (which I don't mind as this is really a different type of game) because there are so many girls, stories, etc. and the sex is all secondary. In the last game, you got close to Carol and had sex in Chapter 5 .. which guess what, you can have sex with a girl in Chapter 5 in this game. Don't know the future but right now, I am happy with the pace, and the amount of content. I mean in 5 months, we have a world, many girls, many paths, and is very a re-playable game.

JB08

Aug 6, 2016
If you used a wt mod with the earlier version of the game, it might have messed with your save. The Dev mentioned tomorrow the updated walk through mod should be released, so installing it might correct the jumping to game menu issue. (I'm having the same issue as well.)
I dont recall using a mod, just the pdf guides. I ended up starting a new save anyway and skipping all the seen text. Eventually I discovered in this update you cant visit all the girls and do all their stories without the current update ending so I use the universal renpy mod to get all the stories unlocked and all the available points. I tried a few times to get all the girls normally but you always end up missing a few by the time Selene meets Edd in the end.

Reactions: Superior24135

NiteVelan

Aug 2, 2020
How do you know what the end it? The MC is collecting QI and is an Archon. He might end up as a Mira the next time around (as the QI champion). I mean it ain't over till the last chapter or until the Dev says something about the ending (which I haven't seen).

I will admit this is a slower burn (which I don't mind as this is really a different type of game) because there are so many girls, stories, etc. and the sex is all secondary. In the last game, you got close to Carol and had sex in Chapter 5 .. which guess what, you can have sex with a girl in Chapter 5 in this game. Don't know the future but right now, I am happy with the pace, and the amount of content. I mean in 5 months, we have a world, many girls, many paths, and is very a re-playable game.
i don't mind "slower burn" and i doesn't tell anything about sex scenes. For example "Rebirthep", there only few sex scenes, but story is interesting. I'm talking about plot of the story by itself, and it's boring. I trying to read with hope for future improvement. I hope story can progress in different direction, but now story feels hollow. Characters feels like a doll's not people. I don't know how to describe more properly for better understanding what i mean.

NiteVelan

Aug 2, 2020
Maybe coz they does not living by own life, and root of this feeling is they live in sterile environment. Shadows can't do anything what can make impact on the character. In "Now & then" you having zombie and gangs that can do damage or make life difficult for the characters.

Last edited:

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
I dont recall using a mod, just the pdf guides. I ended up starting a new save anyway and skipping all the seen text. Eventually I discovered in this update you cant visit all the girls and do all their stories without the current update ending so I use the universal renpy mod to get all the stories unlocked and all the available points. I tried a few times to get all the girls normally but you always end up missing a few by the time Selene meets Edd in the end.
You will note in the PDF I did mention that you cannot do every scene with every girl "yet". There are more stories created than slots available to do them. So you will have to pick and choose. The Dev has stated that you will be able to do them all in the end.

But for now, you can leave a girl's last story out, you can leave a girl off (like not do any of her stories), you can do lots of different things based on how you want to play. That is what makes it interesting, possibilities of replayability.

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
Wow, this game really is awful compared to Now & Then.

I don't know why the developer thought adding a sandbox with 7 or 8 side stories would be a good idea.
Main story is moving along at a snail's pace and you aren't even allowed to finish all side story content when you reach the end of each update.

It probably still deserves 4 stars for its great writing, but with everything else being average or below average I'm not sure whether to rate it 3 or 4 stars.
I wouldn't call this a sandbox per se, but I also wouldn't call it a visual novel (or kinetic novel), but something else. It is a slot based choose your own adventure (Like the old books). You pick what you do and what you pick, you do it, and the game tell you what you do as extra content. There is a story which is pure KN, and there are no sandbox elements (like you need money, you can do 1000 days over and over again if you want, etc.) The story is simple, Day 1, you have choice of girl 1 or girl 2 - then you meet girl 3. Day 2 you have choice of girl 1, 2, or 3 then you have small scene at night. Day 3, you have choice of girl 1, 2, 3 (but not the one you already chose), and you meet girl 4. It is structured, but not open worldy. Again - my opinion.

Hey - might not be for everyone, but I like this Dev's writing style, and I help him out with the WT - so I might be biased. At the end of the day, opinions are like assholes, everyone has one, and everyone else's stinks :)

Aizen Myo

Mar 23, 2022
Very intereting writing, as you would expect from ILS Productions, I'm hoping this will be as great as Now and Then.

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
My recent save wont load, goes straight to main menu. No error, nothing. Just back to main menu. My second newest save just before that one does load though, but ends at the previous updates ending and sends me to the main menu. I cant see the new content.
Mine does too. Even at the end of play for whatever choice I make, it plays through and returns to the main menu. I think the dev got a bookmark wrong.

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
So Now and Then does in fact have zombies in it?
I downloaded it but haven't run it yet mainly for that reason. I don't
like zombie stuff as I think it's a bit silly, no offense.

I still haven't figured out what I think of Interim Domain.
The story doesn't really make sense but it's not bad at all.

Cheers

erkper

May 16, 2018

Cheers
Zombies... not quite but probably close enough. They are infected, not undead, and if left on their own long enough they simply starve to death or die of exposure as they are not rational enough to even seek shelter or eat/drink. But they do go after non-infected much like a classic zombie.

I think Interim's story isn't really supposed to make a whole lot of sense yet as the MC is still mostly in the dark himself about what is going on and why. His "handler" hasn't really been to upfront with him to this point, though he's starting to force some more information out of her.

And I strongly disagree with the Sandbox tag. Sure there are choices to make where you can't make them all. Just like in any VN that isn't a KN.

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
Zombies... not quite but probably close enough. They are infected, not undead, and if left on their own long enough they simply starve to death or die of exposure as they are not rational enough to even seek shelter or eat/drink. But they do go after non-infected much like a classic zombie.

I think Interim's story isn't really supposed to make a whole lot of sense yet as the MC is still mostly in the dark himself about what is going on and why. His "handler" hasn't really been to upfront with him to this point, though he's starting to force some more information out of her.

And I strongly disagree with the Sandbox tag. Sure there are choices to make where you can't make them all. Just like in any VN that isn't a KN.
Thank you very much for the info abt Now and Then, I appreciate it.

I agree that Interim isn't supposed to make too much sense so far, like you alluded to. Also, it's just so very early in the story and things will change.
My only quip so far might be that the MC's job is to process ? souls, for lack of any other term. He quickly helped a couple right off the bat but now it seems like he's collecting rather than processing which is opposite what he is supposed to do. Also the Dev mentioned (I think) getting rid of one of the LI's.........I think I read that on the patreon page.
The MC should only be allowed to have 1 LI, the handler, since everyone else is temporary and supposed to leave asap.

If he's not collecting, he's at least digging in for the long haul with the current batch of ladies which would seem like he's failing his job.

BUT, I'm also a big dummy so probably missing a lot, lol!

Cheers and Have a good one

Last edited:
Reactions: erkper

pothb

Jan 28, 2018

Cheers
As with most zombies stories, the zombies' aren't a focus of the story but merely work as a driver. and tbh, zombies are way less silly than most of the other stuff. There is a fungus that can cause zombie like effects. Though, from what i remember, it only affects on deers, and i think is also the basis for the last of us' infection or whatever that game uses/calls it.

Reactions: Forgotted

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
Zombies are not the main focus of Now & Then.
They're always a looming threat in the story, but you don't personally encounter them very often.
It's more about surviving and meeting other survivors/bandits.
Great, Thanks very much I appreciate it

Cheers

3.80 star(s) 38 Votes