VN Ren'Py The Interim Domain [v0.28.1] [ILSProductions]

3.80 star(s) 40 Votes

DevinHesi

Oct 29, 2021

1722128707275.png

For July 2024's Public Wallpapers, we figured it was time to make up for a lack of Natalie. Since she arrived so late to the game, she's missed out on years of wallpapers. So, enjoy while you can.

Also, check out the .

July_2024p_1.png

July 2024 Public #1

July_2024p_2.png

July 2024 Public #2

Hope you enjoy!

-Kinderfeld

erkper

May 16, 2018
Basically just going through seeing what all I can dick up in a new save after finishing the latest content.

Thus far I have turned Roe, Marissa, Robin, and Mina to remnants. They all turned quick, within just a handful of stories. I played Kaitlin/Anya to story 25 making all the wrong choices and they were both still sent on. Anita has been played to here current story 24 and still hasn't turned.
Yeah, Roe was the other one I was thinking of. Didn't know about Marissa or Robin but both make sense. Saaya is another that I would think would go remnant easily if you wanted her to. Kara too, now that I think about it. And Natalie almost shouldn't count, she went remnant on her own once already, can't imagine it'd be hard to let her go back to it.

MagicShoppe

Jan 6, 2024
Who are the main LI's out of all the girls? and Will the dev make these LI's come back later in the story if they pass on? I don't mind a spoiler here..
At the moment, it is hard to say if any of the ladies in the game are "main LI's" as you are hypothesizing. Even a "future" with Mira or Polly isn't a given. Selene looks like an obvious possibility, but there are no MC choices that affect how Selene reacts to anything.

bobbo69

Engaged Member
Donor
Jun 18, 2017
The Interim Domain 0.28.0 Update #1

As you can imagine, we're already elbow-deep into the next update. Unlike previous chapters, this one's going to have our time spread across finishing up stories (Marisa, Anita, Robin, Roe) and doing endings (Tina, Saaya), while continuing others (Sammy, Kara, Natalie). With the main story set up to move you into the end, we have the Perpetual Day mode implemented so you can finish up all the available content.
Looking over the plot map, future updates will have many more continuity fixes, feature releases and content for the endings. In fact, we'll probably give the ending set-up a few polish passes before we reach the end of TID.
On that same topic, we have been testing the Qi requirements to get the good ending and may have to do a little tweaking. Right now, it's set at 500 to get the good ending, which means you definitely won't get it in 0.27.0 unless you cheat (and doing so will rob you of the side scenes with those people you haven't unlocked yet). In 0.28.0? It's hard to say. Playing a bare bones code build in test let us get it barely (with the Allison/Marisa bonus). But, playing a test build on my tablet without getting all the scenes left me a little short. That's without Sammy, Kara or Natalie ending.
The intent is for players to mostly complete all the side stories and not have to get a perfect run-through to finish the game. So, in a future build we may nudge the bar to clear a little lower for normal users.
We're also thinking about adding a difficulty option (probably both at the start of the game and right at the decision to end the game) to allow you to clear through with a lower Qi level if possible. On the flip-side, we also kind of want to implement a hard mode where you have to get like 95% of the available Qi to win, maybe as a bonus to unlock a new scene or something.
Thanks for your interest and patronage,
- Kinderfeld

Antherak

Aug 20, 2020
With the main story set up to move you into the end, we have the Perpetual Day mode implemented so you can finish up all the available content.
How will that feature work with starting a new game? Same 7 picks per chapters until 27 then infinite, or infinite from the start up to the limit that was produced per chapter? Infinite days will make it better i think to enjoy all the game, including doing the "others" locations to get a bit more lore and scenes.

On the flip-side, we also kind of want to implement a hard mode where you have to get like 95% of the available Qi to win, maybe as a bonus to unlock a new scene or something.
That would be a nice touch. To thrown a curveball into the mix, make it that the total available QI has to include everything includint the wandering around events. Maybe the special something for hard mode could be along the lines of "the game was a premonition dream" and the MC wakes up a bit before Alyson has her car accident and realise whats about to happen so he can save her, and retry with her with his knowledge of events and character growth.

bobbo69

Engaged Member
Donor
Jun 18, 2017
The Interim Domain 0.28.0 Update #2

9 hours ago

So, at this point, there isn't much to talk about regarding the game's narrative. The main story is technically at the end (and you may have even tried to play the ending sequence to get the bad ending), but there's a fair bit of content left to wrap up over the next few months. We're implementing the previously mentioned Story Replay and doing a lot of continuity fixes and updates to try and anticipate the numerous ways players can work through the game. For example, Robin's big story moment now has three versions depending on who's there (Marisa+Tina+Bud, Tina+Bud, MC alone).
In terms of remaining content on the slate, here is our development map for the next few months:
  • 0.28.0 - Finishing stories (Marisa, Anita, Robin, Roe), adding in two additional endings (Tina, Saaya).
  • 0.29.0 - Progressing and/or finishing the remaining girls (Kara, Natalie, Sammy), one last combo scene, and adding in three endings (Marisa, Anita, Roe).
  • 0.30.0 - The last of Natalie's story and lots of endings (Robin, Kara, Natalie, a few surprises).
  • 0.31.0 - Wrap up the last of all the planned content, including some features like "Unlock All" for the gallery.
  • 0.32.0? - Script clean up and possibly a hard mode. Maybe. This update likely will come later on and may turn into the 0.99.0 update, leaving room for a final patch.
After a clean playthrough this weekend to see how the average player might fare, there will be some adjustments in 0.29.0 of the game's difficulty to get the normal endings and the implementation of an easy mode which lowers the Qi requirement. A playthrough where you get most if not all of the like and love points was more than enough to get the good ending, but we wanted the experience to be a little more forgiving and allow for a few missed opportunities. Where the player will get the option to make that change is stuff being figured out.
Also, we considered that the Easy Ending would be welcomed by those people who want to try a run-through without being romantically involved with anyone. You may say "Who?" but I know of one person who tried to do a run of Now & Then with the bare minimum of sexual content. With that in mind, there is a "No Choice" end in development as well that probably won't be implemented until 0.31.0.
Thanks for your interest and patronage,
-Kinderfeld

Hengat

Oct 17, 2022
I'm on my first blind save without walkthrough and I checked the ending to satisfy my curiosity and apparently I have 158 Qi at this moment. Is this a normal/average amount at this point or should I say goodbye to the future good ending?

MagicShoppe

Jan 6, 2024
I'm on my first blind save without walkthrough and I checked the ending to satisfy my curiosity and apparently I have 158 Qi at this moment. Is this a normal/average amount at this point or should I say goodbye to the future good ending?
Qi gets rebalanced almost every release. Don't worry about it.

At this point, the game is supposed to be finished before year's end so I'm just not updating until it is done.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
The key is how many 'Like' and 'Love' points you have for the different LIs who you have yet to send on.

There are a few one offs (like points granted for sending Robin's mom on that are not included in the WT story totals).

If you take a look at the walkthrough, it gives a good estimate of the points available/LI based on the number of story parts you have played for each LI.

It will be a little off, considering that there are choices where you can pick up either a 'Like' or a 'Love' point and the WT creator cannot account for each difference, but it will be close.

There have been a few minor Qi point adjustments in the past, and the dev is looking at the need for further adjustments (see parts of two dev log updates below), but the dev is not changing them almost every release.

From the Dev Log, July 29, 2024:

On that same topic, we have been testing the Qi requirements to get the good ending and may have to do a little tweaking. Right now, it's set at 500 to get the good ending.

From the Dev Log, August 5, 2024:

After a clean playthrough this weekend to see how the average player might fare, there will be some adjustments in 0.29.0 of the game's difficulty to get the normal endings and the implementation of an easy mode which lowers the Qi requirement. A playthrough where you get most if not all of the like and love points was more than enough to get the good ending, but we wanted the experience to be a little more forgiving and allow for a few missed opportunities. Where the player will get the option to make that change is stuff being figured out.

Cheers!! :coffee:

bobbo69

Engaged Member
Donor
Jun 18, 2017
The Interim Domain 0.28.0 update 3 and release schedule

Just now

Here we are. Time for the Perpetual Day Mode where you can continue all the unfinished content we've been banking for 20+ updates now. Also, by now, there's a potential for you to see one of the four implemented endings (even if the code may make it hard to pull off just yet). And if you don't, it'll be fine because you'll get more to see with more of the characters saved by the time you finish the game (planned, currently being implemented over the next few releases).
In this release is the the promised Story Replay Mode that can be unlocked once you complete the game with the good ending. Doing so will let you run through a girls entire story in a stand-alone mode. Since this uses the same save location and autosaves as the main game, you may want to be careful how you save so you don't mess potentially get stuck in the replay mode and unable to continue the main story.
Also, some of you may have seen an early draft of the release notice. Sorry but that got pulled down all ready but it will be back on the right date.
Here's the release schedule for 0.28.0 (all scheduled for 11:59 am EDT release):
Tier 3 - August 16, 2024
Tier 2 -
August 18, 2024
Tier 1 -
August 20, 2024
Public -
August 21, 2024
Change Log 0.28.0
  • Added new main story scenes
  • New story for Tina (END), Anita (25), Marisa (25), Roe (25), Robin (25), Sammy (22, 23), Natalie (7, 8), Saaya (END)
  • Continuity update: Added in code to remove scenes/mentions of Bud in Tina Story 7 if you get to a certain point in Sammy's Story
  • Continuity update: Added in code to remove scenes/mentions of Robin in Tina's storyline if you end her story.
  • Continuity update: Added in code to remove scenes/mentions of Marisa/Anita in each others storylines if you end their stories.
  • Continuity update: Added in code to remove scenes/mentions of Kaitlin in Tina's Story 20 if you end her story.
  • Add Story Replay Mode
Thanks for your interest and support,
-Kinderfeld

Skep-tiker

Oct 11, 2023
The key is how many 'Like' and 'Love' points you have for the different LIs who you have yet to send on.

There are a few one offs (like points granted for sending Robin's mom on that are not included in the WT story totals).

If you take a look at the walkthrough, it gives a good estimate of the points available/LI based on the number of story parts you have played for each LI.

It will be a little off, considering that there are choices where you can pick up either a 'Like' or a 'Love' point and the WT creator cannot account for each difference, but it will be close.

There have been a few minor Qi point adjustments in the past, and the dev is looking at the need for further adjustments (see parts of two dev log updates below), but the dev is not changing them almost every release.

From the Dev Log, July 29, 2024:

On that same topic, we have been testing the Qi requirements to get the good ending and may have to do a little tweaking. Right now, it's set at 500 to get the good ending.

From the Dev Log, August 5, 2024:

Cheers!! :coffee:
And if you dont want to bother with a new playtrough and still see the different endings, you could also temper the Qi Value with 52URM ;)

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
And if you dont want to bother with a new playtrough and still see the different endings, you could also temper the Qi Value with 52URM ;)
I just play through to a point, save, and then use the CTRL key to skip points Ive already seen.

ChadFast

Jul 19, 2021
I haven't tried tampering or anything as I just started the game maybe a week ago (huge fan of NowandThen) and I have to say; This game is not only extremely immersive, but seeing the next version is due to come out this month is pretty exciting for me since I didn't have to wait. Either way, the story is so interesting I'm curious how it's going to go.

bobbo69

Engaged Member
Donor
Jun 18, 2017
Announcement Banner Template.jpg

Announcement: TOXICity First Look

Just now
I'm here to formally announce ILS Productions' next game: TOXICity

screenshot0001copy-ezgif.com-webp-to-jpg-converter(1).jpg

About TOXCity:

You are John Houston (or whatever your name him), a recent divorcee stuck punching the clock five days a week for a company that's in the process of downsizing your office. Every day feels exactly the same, except when people start calling out sick and the air quality outside gets increasingly worse.
And then the dense fog settles in. Phones stop working. The internet, too. And when John goes outside to get into his car, the fog burns his skin, forcing him to retreat to the temporary safety of his office.
Trapped with his coworker, Kallie, John must figure out what their next step must be. They surely can't stay there, can they?
Gameplay notes:

• Game is narrative-driven with a focus on the main story. Romantic options will add optional scenes and arcs, like most AVNs.
  • Smaller cast than The Interim Domain so players can focus on the nuance of the moment with each of them. These will be people who come into the story with their own lives and you have to consider the impacts of your decisions based on what you know and learn about them.
  • Multiple stats to manage which may alter conversations or entire scenes. "Micro-choices" system where you can respond to a conversation without creating a huge shift in the topic. Your choices have the chance to change the opinions of those around you (not unlike in Now and Then). We've been teasing some of this in recent TID releases but this title will have more stat options to impact.
  • 0.01.0 will include the prologue and chapter 1.
  • User interface is still in development phase and will probably be finalized a few builds in (gallery and other unlocks to show up later on)
  • We're considering a Trophy/Achievement system based on what you do in the game.
Sample screens: (Renders are in Beta and may not represent the final product. Some images are examples of future scenes done for reference purposes.)

Thanks for your interest,
-Kinderfeld

Lerd0

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Jul 29, 2017

Just now

About TOXCity:

Gameplay notes:

• Game is narrative-driven with a focus on the main story. Romantic options will add optional scenes and arcs, like most AVNs.
  • Smaller cast than The Interim Domain so players can focus on the nuance of the moment with each of them. These will be people who come into the story with their own lives and you have to consider the impacts of your decisions based on what you know and learn about them.
  • Multiple stats to manage which may alter conversations or entire scenes. "Micro-choices" system where you can respond to a conversation without creating a huge shift in the topic. Your choices have the chance to change the opinions of those around you (not unlike in Now and Then). We've been teasing some of this in recent TID releases but this title will have more stat options to impact.
  • User interface is still in development phase and will probably be finalized a few builds in (gallery and other unlocks to show up later on)
  • We're considering a Trophy/Achievement system based on what you do in the game.
Sample screens: (Renders are in Beta and may not represent the final product. Some images are examples of future scenes done for reference purposes.)

-Kinderfeld

...great....now it's stuck in ma head again....

Reactions: MelonGod

Ashira13

Jan 31, 2024

Just now

About TOXCity:

Gameplay notes:

-Kinderfeld
looks like it could be an interesting story. looking forward to checking it out when the time comes :)

ChadFast

Jul 19, 2021
looks like it could be an interesting story. looking forward to checking it out when the time comes :)
Agreed. ILS is definitely good with the end of the world scenarios for sure. Just like every game though, this one certainly seems like it will keep you immersed in the story. Can't wait to check that one out.

Last edited:

ChadFast

Jul 19, 2021
Now that I've had quite a bit of time with TID I am extremely impressed. To me anyway, the story is very immersive. I feel like many of the relationships in this one are going to hurt when Ifuma messes with or destroys everyone (Selene I'm expecting soon, but hopefully our hero will save her?!) or we have to let characters go to get their Qi. I've developed quite a few relationships and I think Roe is just a little cutey and I'd love to see her come back when the world is remade or whatever happens. Either way, kudos to ILS. I can honestly say I'm adding TID to one of my favorites even being unfinished. I think it is just that good.

Reactions: PaxHadrian17

Antherak

Aug 20, 2020
Now that I've had quite a bit of time with TID I am extremely impressed. To me anyway, the story is very immersive. I feel like many of the relationships in this one are going to hurt when Ifuma messes with or destroys everyone (Selene I'm expecting soon, but hopefully our hero will save her?!) or we have to let characters go to get their Qi. I've developed quite a few relationships and I think Roe is just a little cutey and I'd love to see her come back when the world is remade or whatever happens. Either way, kudos to ILS. I can honestly say I'm adding TID to one of my favorites even being unfinished. I think it is just that good.
I don't think Ifuma will mess with anyone until with pick the option to end the game. We aready saw him just waiting for us at the end zone. He most likely WILL destroy everyone if you get the bad end and have him win.

As for the "good" ending, i would speculate that when we decide on how the next world is made, we most likely will have a choice to pick one of any characters you "sent" to bring back to be with you and have a basic what happens to everyone with extra content with your pick, kinda like in N&T you have like 10 charcters and you pick 1 to have more than the others at the end.

When this update drops, i will definitely restart from the beginning to rebalance the stories and go through them rotating each one plus the random encounters, since infinite days will be implemented. As of now, I'm up to date on everyone except Roe and Kaitlin, as i cut those 2 that i had less interest in due to only 7 actions for the 8/9 chapters per update. That way i will get maximum immersion and get all the content with all the context associated to it and not have in the end only doing 2-3 characters for 9 parts each, which would become boring.

3.80 star(s) 40 Votes