VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Intoxicating Flavor [v0.10.6] [PixelsLab]

4.00 star(s) 151 Votes

E-Dog

A pain in his girlfriend's ass
Donor
Apr 9, 2018
Some peeps on discord suggested this one to me. Renders look superb! I just want to know if the grammar in game is as bad as the synopsis grammar? (Call me a grammar nazi if you want)

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
Some peeps on discord suggested this one to me. Renders look superb! I just want to know if the grammar in game is as bad as the synopsis grammar? (Call me a grammar nazi if you want)
It's not great, but it's usually intelligible. Work is being done to make it better, but it's a huge script so work is slow.

Reactions: E-Dog and PixelsLab

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
It's not great, but it's usually intelligible. Work is being done to make it better, but it's a huge script so work is slow.
Game is interesting and understandable though, if forget about fact that you are still missing quite a bit of information and dream scenes sometimes only become clear they are dream scenes or past scenes when already in them a bit. I would not mind a little bit more sex :p, but well worth to check out if you like some story with your sex and looking forward to it developing even further.

Reactions: PixelsLab and E-Dog

Xill

Jan 10, 2018
Writing like this is what makes me remember a game in the long run. Also I don't see that many mistakes but English isn't my native language anyway, though its nowhere near as distracting as some people think, especially compared to other games on this site that don't even have half as big of a script.

Reactions: PixelsLab

E-Dog

A pain in his girlfriend's ass
Donor
Apr 9, 2018
Personally, i prefer story driven...stories :p
Yes, grammar isnt that bad....and there are tons worse out there and on this site.
Downloading. Can't pass up quality graphics and everyone talking about how long the script is.

Reactions: PixelsLab and DA22

Seven7h

Aug 8, 2018
He's not "needie" but hurt in some ways and disappointing in others. His is a vast story that cannot be told in one quick swoop. I know Pix pretty well. The guy works incredibly hard on his game and in his real job.

His is not a college teen getting every girl to fall on his cock with loli's, harem and incest galore. His is a deep entwined story in myth and fantasy.

So he's not needy just surprise to see the labor of love he has for the story and characters he's weaving doesn't warrant a huge amount of support in any great form. In my opinion TiF should've had 500 patron support by now.
First, I apologize if looked like I was insulting the Dev, wasn't my intention at all, will try to explain myself in my limited engrish hehe.
I was waiting for this update to decide if I was going to pledge for this Dev (got to tell it's the first time I invest my money on this kind of long term enjoyment so it's was kind of important for me) and it didn't dissapointed. Loved Alice exercises, well made positions and this humor that I'm really into, then the gym, knowing some of boxing, love to see how this dev put his knowledge on the things he do, those minimun details that make sure that you are not just getting bullshited, I mean, not everything is perfect (I know there must be experts haters out there who are gonna complain about some minimum stuff to discredit or feel superior) but you can see there is some investment on researching and to get facts to make things believable. For example: Alice, when I saw this game for first time it was a hard pass for me seeing this character, not really into this kind of chars, when I decided to play it (around 0.4) and got the explanations, it opened a whole world for me and I'm completely in love with her now. Welll that's because I really love broken characters (in game and in real life) looking their way to raise and improve. This is kind of the law here, broken characters trying to make the best of it (aren't we all?). Which leads me why I told what I told, the developer sometime talks with this selfpity aura in some post, completely the opposite of the characters shown, but then I read some other good answer that reassure he is a great person in RL. I think, and this is just my and only my opinion, that looking things in a more positive way leads you to better results. Those posts was kind of restraining me to go ahead but I'm confident this will be a great game.
Want to clarify I'm not wanting to change any of the story nor the developer way of doing things, everyone is their own destiny knitter, take my opinion as a constructive advice or disregard it or ignore it if you please, clearly i don't jave the absolute truth on anything. This said I'm going to talk about the game, this is what all this is for.

Engaging story, I comprehend the firsts reviews raging about the plot, people are used to more direct approachs in this kind of games, and mostly don't have patience to put piece by piece in a big puzzle, we didnt have enough pieces at the begining to get what was coming.
I love unwrapping the story, detail after detail, knowing there's something bigger to find out later. My favorites writers right now are Brandon Sanderson, Patrick Rothfuss, Abercrombie, R. Ford, what all those have in common? sagas-fantasy-story layers. Not comparing with those authors but I like where this is going. PixelsLab really needs to go back and fix the grammar issues at the beggining, It gets a lot better later, kudos for that, but in order to get more pledges should take time to go back and fix those. Will try to post some of the mistakes here later, English isn't my main language (I'm not even good at it so bare me if I miss some or put something that isn't wrong, people who likes the game could just help here to put those in order).
Renders are really great, one of my top five for sure around the site , videos are good, there's room for improvement thought, sound effects and music adds a lot too. The Characters are complex and feels real with all their flaws. The MC is a "mature kid", with all his douchbagness (is that a word) but seemenly trying to do the right things, whatever his motivations are (yet to find). Got a love/hate feeling with him but kind of feel related lately.
Everything have been improving lately, I think this will be a good game, worth the pledge in my opinion
Looking forward to whats next.

Actually im copying this to a review, might help getting more people here.
Keep the good work, looking forward for the next updates

ThatGuyWithaAfro

Aug 28, 2018
And before ya say it.. I ain't got no problem with story... But we play these types of VN's for a fucking reason. Not even a handjob.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Not sure what you were playing.
I guess the wrong character this update and in past for his/her taste. :p Well it was a hot scene in this update and likely needed to evolve the Liv story continuation, but it felt a bit out of the blue for me to be honest. Though guess older sister and mc will still need quite a bit of buildup after what happened earlier at their first try and for younger sister will also take a bit. :)

Overall did like this update enough to become a usd 1 patreon.

ive_got-problems

Mar 21, 2018
Awesome update, learned a lot more about the world, and that damn cliffhanger lol. Definitely left me wanting more. I'm never disappointed with your game. Can't wait for the next update!

ive_got-problems

Mar 21, 2018
And before ya say it.. I ain't got no problem with story... But we play these types of VN's for a fucking reason. Not even a handjob.
I'm actually fine with it since this game and all the characters are super interesting. It's got a mystery around it that I think is really cool. This is a game like DeLuca to me where I have no problem without many adult situations yet with the main cast of girls. Not to say I won't be happy when it happens, but I'd rather let him play it out at his pace. Obviously he's got this story pretty well thought out ahead of time. I'm happy to just see where he takes it.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
So What is the best choices for Maria ?
Nobody but the dev knows yet I guess. :p Play them out and pick those that you think fit MC best, considering he plays a hard shell but seems to care quite a lot about making his girls happy and understand them and seems to blame himself when fails at that. :)

Reactions: mars9
Feb 29, 2020
You know what I like most about games like this?
It's how my choices have no impact on the story moving forward.
For the first couple chapters I was like ok so far not to shabby. Not great but not shabby.
I read the story and saw that the MC didn't want to be where he was and didn't want to have anything to do with these other characters.
So of course I was like ok lets run with this and do a play through accordingly.
So from the start every time I was given a choice to make I would always choose the one that clearly showed I wanted nothing to do with the other characters.
But yet regardless of the fact that I would dick deny these broads during every choice the story would just play out as though the entire time I was some horned up teenager who just discovered his first Playboy collection and is totally pussy whipped by these chicks. Even though I clearly made every attempt not to be.
What I want to know is how is it that I went from being given choice to deny or accept these dames from chapters 1-3 denying them every single time.
To not having a choice whether or not I wanted to be balls deep in Maria by the end of chapter 4?
So seriously what is the point of putting choices in a game when in the end they're not going to matter?
I mean seriously if in the end the MC is going to just be whipped by some character that he stated from the start that he wanted nothing to do with and turned down at every turn.
Then why even bother giving someone a choice to begin with?
So now I'm here contemplating do I continue on with my play through because frankly the story is at least somewhat decent and most importantly it doesn't have the MC perving on his family members. And a halfway decent story that doesn't involve an MC Pounding one out while watching his mom or grandma in the shower automatically has points just for that fact alone.
Or do I take it as an insult that the story is written to not give a crap about any of the choices that I make and just cut my losses and scan through nearly 200 pages of games in hopes of finding another one that fits my criteria and actually makes my choices have consequences?

Reactions: vmaks

mars9

Aug 15, 2019
Nobody but the dev knows yet I guess. :p Play them out and pick those that you think fit MC best, considering he plays a hard shell but seems to care quite a lot about making his girls happy and understand them and seems to blame himself when fails at that. :)
Ahh thank you, it's for the best to create saves for different options.

4.00 star(s) 151 Votes