Ren'Py - The Last Oasis before Chastity [v1.86] [MissLizzyAnthus]

1. 5.00 star(s)

effninefivehuman

An excellent start to the game. I was very surprised to see the render quality and polish in such an early release. The story seems pretty intriguing and the various Easter eggs to various media are funny and also at the same time take the story forward. I look forward to see how the game progresses and hope that it gets the support it deserves. All the best, Ms.Lizzy
  2. 4.00 star(s)

ashketchumisty

Pros:
    I like the main premise of the game. Its original and I am very invested to see how the story develops. - 5 stars.

The graphics are well done - 5 stars

Cons:
    I am not sure if it was only faced by me, whenever I try to save the game or reach an animation the game crashes. I understand that the animations may be heavy for my pc but I don't understand why the game crashes while trying to save :unsure:, I have never encountered this in other renpy games. - 3 stars

For some reason the autosaves do not remember the scenes that I have encountered and my gallery still remains locked even though I have seen all scenes. - 3 stars

In certain scenes the girls call the MC by name instead of the relationship that we have entered, this ruins the immersion slightly. - 3 stars
  3. 3.00 star(s)

JackMiejov

Review for The Last Oasis Before Chastity v1.8b:

Overall: 3/5 - It's a good start and worth a try, but there are a lot of what-the-fuck moments that made me scratch my head, and the changes from v1.1 to v1.8 don't give me much hope that it's going to get better.

Story: 3/5 - There's a reasonably coherent story in the beginning, but the game is trying it's hardest to destroy the story with all of the weirdness and the 1.7 and 1.8 updates only made it worse. It's starting to feel like a disposable thrash game. It's early, so maybe there's a lot to be revealed, but right now, there's a lot of content in the game that's totally off-the-rails and the story just seems like it's heading for a train-wreck.

Writing: 5/5 - The writing is excellent. It's funny and draws you into the game. There were very few errors. The conversation in Foxxy's room was the only one that stood out as needing some proofreading. The use of "They" and "Them" in a few dialogues got silly sometimes. It seems like the writer is intentionally trying to hide who "they" really are (I'd guess it's the girls' mother) and just can't think of a better way to write it without giving something away, but it's just not how people talk to each other and it got cringy.

Renders: 5/5 - High resolution, high detail, mostly beautiful models.

Animations: 4/5 - There are some outstanding animations and there are some that are laughable. One of the great animations was the truck driving down the highway with birds flying over and the leaves on the trees gently swaying in the breeze. One of the laughable animations was where MC got the blowjob from Harper (hitchhiker). In one angle, her entire body moved like it was made of a solid piece of metal. Luckily most animations are much better than that. There seem to be some delays with the animations, and they've become worse in v1.8, even on a high-end gaming PC.

Sound: 2/5 - The sound needs work. Some of the UI sounds are not affected by any of the in-game volume controls and they are extremely loud. On top of that, the UI sounds themselves are annoying. The music was mostly OK< but sometimes it was weird, but maybe that matches a lot of the other weird stuff going on. Heard what I believe is unlicensed copyrighted music in v1.8, which is a good way to get a game killed.

Gameplay: 3/5 - Gameplay is a mixed bag
    Good:
    - Nice looking user interface.
    - Standard Renpy features are all there and not disabled.
    - Choices of which characters to have lewd encounters.
    - Game tells you how choices affect character relationships.
    Bad:
    - Pointless long delays (literally 3 to 5 seconds while showing a blurred image) transitioning between scenes. This is painful. Please stop it. [Edit: changelog says this is fixed in v1.8]
    - Too much text in some places. For example, there are blurred renders with a paragraph of text at the end of some scenes. The text mostly says stuff that players already know. It's a terrible balance of visuals with writing.
    - The animation of opening the GUI is too slow. Yeah, it's cool that the developer learned how to do it, but players don't want to wait for it all the time.
    - The icon to see the character relations isn't available most of the time.

Other: There are a lot of WTFs:
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
    I sure hope there is going to be some explanation for why the game instantly switched from action/thriller to teen horror movie parody on the drive out of the city.
  4. 4.00 star(s)

Mock1ngb1rd

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

forcesage110

This game has some of the highest production value of any game I have played recently. While some of the easter eggs are a little esoteric, (there aren't even any hints for unlocking hidden achievements), the content that we do get is interesting. It's still early days so I can't say too much about right now and anything I do say may change, I looking forward to where this game ends up.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Ledske

one word... wow!!
    gameplay, transitions, clips, renders , its all looking very good
    the way you can choose gameplay.

its a perfect way to get to know all the characters and the curiosity to explore them further.

and i didnt know John Wick had a brother XD

I cant wait for the next version of this game, there area couple of woman that need to be undressed very soon

i hope this quality stays the way it is, or if it can be improved, do so.

the only bad thing i can come up with, is that somethimes the english translation switches back to french for a line or 2. but thats it.
    easy fix
  7. 3.00 star(s)

astabro

Lmao, what an awesome start that's how a dev should present their first release. The music, the renders and the story got me hooked so much, I thought I was watching a series. This is the 2nd time this year a visual novel this good I have seen in their starting phase. And lmao, the comedy is awesome. Still deducting 2 stars because of no actual development in the story in a year even though it's a team working on it.
  8. 4.00 star(s)

condoriano420

Review for Version: 1.0a SE Release Date: 2023-07-21
    * Good Narrating style
    * Good Graphic & 3D models
    * Animations are good, by maybe would be better if there is a close up
    * Impressive UI & UX
    * So far the story looks promessing

Looking forward for the next updates