• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
3.10 star(s) 11 Votes

Ratnedalu

Jan 11, 2018
It was my first thought. If it's not the same artist, the style is definitely inspired by Sex Note.
I did think that too, but his first game (which he hasn't finished), Sekira, might predate Sex Note... but I forgot when Sex Note started and Sekira has gone through a couple restarts because he decided to do a system change.

Halbyn

Dec 8, 2021
Experience tells me, when the art is this good, the writing and gameplay are usually hot dog-shit coasting on the visuals.
But, God forgive me, I WANT TO BELIEVE.

Last edited:
Reactions: cooldude33

Razzar

Nov 5, 2018
A cool art. Now, I don't like the sea of little arrows that you have to click on to do something.It's pretty bugged.

Razzar

Nov 5, 2018
I did think that too, but his first game (which he hasn't finished), Sekira, might predate Sex Note... but I forgot when Sex Note started and Sekira has gone through a couple restarts because he decided to do a system change.
The art in these games is somewhat similar in the range of colors and shapes. In the rest I would say nothing or little. Otherwise, the art for "Daily Lives of My Countryside" is more like it. P
For those who have followed sex note, the art of this has improved a lot since the beginning and has evolved quite a bit. The games of the author of this game are older than Sex note.

Erik1986

Jul 5, 2017
The art style seemed oddly familiar....
Any relations to sex note?
It was my first thought. If it's not the same artist, the style is definitely inspired by Sex Note.
It seems that this same author, together with another author, made 2 game prior to Sekira and this one, with very similar style of art. They do predate Sex Note, and also Summertime Saga i think, both of which have similar art styles. Thing to take note of is that many developers might outsource art to some talented artists, and there only so many good ones that one artist could potentially work on multiple games. Either way i don't see a problem with similar art styles as long as they (the developer) don't be lazy and just copy paste the plot too.

As for this game, i looked at the screens for the above mention 2 games and this game, and i am intrigued by its quality. That said i agree with comments that often the art can be great, but the storytelling be bad. Hopefully this isn't one of those, good luck with the game.

Reactions: ktung421
3.10 star(s) 11 Votes