Bloo

The Angry Person
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016
hey m8s, there is an update on patreon an some message? there will be public this week? i wanted some walkthough to get through the gameplay
Walkthrogh is available on the OP, it's their WIKI with pages and pages, and there's a bunch of people posting links above.

bigdick69

Jul 9, 2017
Walkthrogh is available on the OP, it's their WIKI with pages and pages, and there's a bunch of people posting links above.
i was talking about the last part of the game not the whole thing.
just played it through, i got a nice gameplay

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
i was talking about the last part of the game not the whole thing.
just played it through, i got a nice gameplay
Last part will be available on wiki once public version came out... it's a wiki policy but also mean that any guide is made on what is most likely final version of the update since Sierra tend to rebalance things between first Patreon version and Public version if she feel like rebalancing is needed. We already had a major rebalancing with 29.2 and it's possible there will be more once public version came out...

That said, there is a "work in progress" type of guide for 29.x available on wiki at the moment...

Bridget_The_Nun

Certified Benis Inspector
Donor
Jan 20, 2017
The game as it is right now is really solid every part of the game play is deterministic towards the next one and feel compelling the same is said for the grind, it's there and barely noticeable but if you don't grind a bit you get screwed.

kog

Jul 23, 2017
Hey guys for any of you far enough in the game, could you tell me if
you can go back to Aram after Megail's route and invest in more things?

The investment wiki is not quite clear on that.

bigdick69

Jul 9, 2017
Hey guys for any of you far enough in the game, could you tell me if
you can go back to Aram after Megail's route and invest in more things?

The investment wiki is not quite clear on that.
no you can't go back to aram, at least investing wise. you will go on another mission.
but buy all the supplies, even the one at the base city( the city of queen janine idk the name)

Bloo

The Angry Person
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016
Can a Patron please post the latest Patreon post " " here please. Interested on what it says.

Reactions: Bladeue

Bladeue

Jul 13, 2017
here it is then FUTURE OF TLS
The time has come... we need to talk about the end of TLS. No, it's not imminent. But with this post I'm going to speak directly about some topics that I've avoided in the past, like the total number of chapters.

TECHNICAL SPOILERS: I won't really be revealing plot details in this post, but I will be talking about the structure of the entire game. If you really don't want to know anything like that, you can skip this one.

Total Chapters

Those of you who have been with the game for a long time will remember that I didn't reveal the first chapter title until the whole thing was finished. This was because, in a sea of unfinished games, I didn't want to seem like I was overreaching. But I've had the title cards for all the chapters finished ever since the fourth update of the game, just sitting on my hard drive.

I also didn't want to state the number of chapters because that would make some elements of the plot too obvious. For example, players who knew there were more than three chapters wouldn't have been surprised when the scope of the game expanded beyond the original Incubus King. But I've known that I couldn't remain coy about this detail forever, and I don't want anyone to think the story is being strung along forever, so at this point I'll just reveal the total number of chapters.

Five. With the previous update, I revealed the fourth chapter title. It will not be any huge spoiler to reveal the title of the fifth: Sovereign.

There is also a "The End" card done in the same style. Because when we reach the end of my plans, TLS will end. It will be a definitive ending that I hope everyone will find satisfying.

So, you may be wondering, what percentage of the game is done so far? That's difficult to say with precision, because the chapters are not all the same size. My plan was for the third chapter to be the longest in terms of linear plot, so we are past 60% finished. Certain things will slow down in the fourth and fifth chapters, though, due to the way the game is structured. Some details:

Chapter Four: Arbiter
After a time skip in which the characters rebuild and their research progresses, chapter four will start with the global political scene becoming more active again. You'll be working on a larger number of countries from a higher vantage point than before.

You'll be able to have an impact on many nations, the new ones you just founded as well as those you already know. Expect to be able to travel more freely than in past updates. Though you'll still have a chance to improve Yhilin, including funding some things you might have skipped before, you won't be managing it in such fine detail.

During the fourth chapter, the scale will expand beyond just politics. You'll start to get answers to some of the game's central mysteries and take a major role on the world stage. This should be a substantial chapter that will set the stage for...

Chapter Five: Sovereign
The final chapter will be divided into two segments. First will be a section of the plot similar to the rest of the game, and I won't say much about that. Second, the world will finally open up completely, an official endgame stage in which you'll get a final chance to prepare for the end of the game. I'm most uncertain about the length of this stage, since it will involve a lot of optional loose ends.

Final Content
The end of chapter five isn't the end of the game, though, there are three other pieces:

- Expect a large optional dungeon at the end that is even more difficult than the official final dungeon. I intend to design this one to be a challenge for those who have been minmaxing through the entire game.

- After chapter five, there were will be a short epilogue sequence paralleling the prologue at the beginning. This will be the true ending.

- Finally, there will be an open-ended postgame section in which you'll get to wander the world and see the results of your actions and choices. After you've been in this world for so long, I think you deserve some time to enjoy seeing what you've created with all your choices.

Planning Thoughts
Another question people may have: how close are we to my original schedule and plan for TLS? The answer... really fairly close.

Some things took longer than expected. I didn't anticipate that Stineford and Ardoheim would take two updates to do completely, but I feel they were better for taking the extra time. In my original schedule I thought that I could do the later Ari-Yhilina updates as simple add-ons to another update, which strikes me as naive in retrospect.

However, my schedule also included empty slots because I know how plots tend to expand. I planned three updates for the war, which I ended up doing in two (though the content was more like four). So all in all, we are pretty close to the version number I expected to reach by the end of chapter three.

The game is pretty close to my original vision in terms of the story. There are some things in the outline that I've changed and there are a number of sideplots and characters that blossomed into more than I expected. Big stories like this always grow in the telling.

This isn't my first time writing an epic, so I planned for this. My chapter four notes include flexibility and some open spaces to accommodate this process. And looking over everything I have planned for the rest, I feel satisfied that it's an appropriate amount of content. I'm really looking forward to working on the rest!

Break

Having said that, I need to take some time to feel like I've planned the rest of the game to the absolute best of my ability. That's one of the reasons I'll be taking another break, as I did after the end of the second chapter.

To be clear, this isn't a vacation for me. Just a chance to stretch myself creatively and refresh myself with less focused work after the pace of release after release. Last break, I created Ouroboros along with a number of stories and smaller concept games. This time, I have a lot of stuff in the works, so I guarantee you'll be getting a substantial amount of content from me. More than you'd normally expect in a month!

But I'll be making a post about that in more detail a little later. For now, I hope everyone enjoyed getting the outline for the rest of the game. Thanks to all of you for helping me come this far, and I hope to have you with me all the way to the conclusion and beyond. ^-^

Goldfish

May 22, 2017
I kinda wish if the game stayed about the Incubus Kings a little longer.

I originally thought there will be 8 or 9 chapters left making it an epic saga, but since there are only 2 chapters left then the Demons and Gods will probably take the central stage instead in the next chapter.

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
I kinda wish if the game stayed about the Incubus Kings a little longer.

I originally thought there will be 8 or 9 chapters left making it an epic saga, but since there are only 2 chapters left then the Demons and Gods will probably take the central stage instead in the next chapter.
Oh, IK's will remain central figures till the end... especially considering we don't really know if Goddesses are actual deities or just another type of shard-holders like IK's.

MrBree

Jun 9, 2017
CONFIRMED! Note: This can ONLY be done during the first few chapters. If you get to the Gathering or the Summit, you've missed it.
Congrats, you've unlocked the rendered 3D scenes! Enjoy!
... When I say "everything" I've 'poked' (thoroughly looked) around in the code to fix problems that I've encountered in the game or text errors that bugged me. (After playing it through at least once without touching it.)
I know where all the variables lead and know what every single thing does.
@Vgamer given that you have poked through the code, can you tell us how accurate the information about rendered 3D scenes is? I can't seem to find any references to that except here. And if there is any way to get those scenes via another method?
I feel like I missed that, and I'm somewhat of a completionist myself.

bigdick69

Jul 9, 2017
@Vgamer given that you have poked through the code, can you tell us how accurate the information about rendered 3D scenes is? I can't seem to find any references to that except here. And if there is any way to get those scenes via another method?
it is a spook

Bladeue

Jul 13, 2017
I can confirm as a Backer that there is only text sex scenes and there will be art in the future when Sierra finds a artist that she likes and will stick to such a long project. If they are talking about the pixel animations then just go to sleep in the inn and it will show those but they aren't very good. After the orc attack at the farm where you first meet that one orc. There is no 3D renders though that's just a spook.

Reactions: Vgamer and MrBree

MrBree

Jun 9, 2017
Here is my explanation for the inconsistencies.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
. Makes it very very hard to tell if somebody is sarcastic on the net.
I d10 T , I get it. But also possibly a pun placed in the game...
I kind of assumed your post was made up. But as I said, I'm somewhat of a completionist, and the thought of me actually missing that was annoying me.

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
Yup, she's going to take a "break" for a month after public release, just as she did once she completed Chapter 2. Of course, back then during the break she worked and released first version of Ouroboros...

Bladeue

Jul 13, 2017
TLS 0.29.4 Public Release

Download*:
Mirror*:
RTP:

*Requires to be installed. If you don't know what that means, use the RTP link.

Version 0.29.3
- Reviewing the entire war, there have been a number of tweaks to improve the overall balance.
- Though I kept the reduced reserves, I made the instability penalties less punishing. In theory this will nudge games away from both extremes.
- The results of the investments have changed in multiple ways. They are generally more beneficial to the player, so you may want to replay the very end.
- Thanks to Decanter, we have an edited chapter four title card. Now hopefully more people will read it right at first glance.
- Riala's sex skills have been given new animations and slightly rebalanced.
- The usual bugs, typos, and polishing.
Version 0.29.4
- Fixed several invisible but nontrivial mistakes involving hidden variables.

Alright, everyone, this is the official public release of this version as well as the end of the third chapter! As you can see, the war has undergone a lot more rebalancing than a normal release thanks to all the new sections and different kinds of challenges. I also feel that some of the initial values I had for the investments and consequences weren't quite right, so I've modified many of those. Hopefully this version gives you some hard choices and challenges but is still fun to play!

With this chapter complete, I will be taking a break to work on a short new project, to refresh my creative energy. After the last chapter I created Ouroboros, for example. I will be saying a little more about this in the future, and you can count on the roadmap to the end of TLS being made public soon, but for now, please enjoy the release!
EDIT: The links have been updated to version 0.29.4, which makes a number of invisible changes. While these are not generally critical, if you did reasonably well in the war but received zero social capital during the aftermath, you definitely want to replay that section.

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 177 Votes