Cornuthaum

Jun 18, 2022
Christ, the Synod is so unbelievably good. This is one of the few games I've ever seen that actually respects faith as a genuine factor of influence without making believers into frothing at the mouth strawmen.IT's also probably the most fiendishly complex event in the game I've seen so far but I love every second of this.

Impaler Cv

Mar 17, 2023
There's not really a single main villain as such. There's the other Incubus Kings to varying degrees, and something/someone else that I don't want to spoil, as well as philosophical and societal "evils" that all factor in.
The Anak guy is suspicious....like a shady asshole whose actions aren't predictable or trusted
Or I just didn't like him

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
The Anak guy is suspicious....like a shady asshole whose actions aren't predictable or trusted
Or I just didn't like him
The only person in power I trust to any degree in this game, is Queen Esthera... No, it's not because she's hot & powerful! :LOL:

Aug 9, 2022
incredible game, one of the best games I've played so far even comparable to games from big game companies.

P/s: Cumdump is best girl, anyone disagree can arrange a fist fight with me to decide otherwise.

Reactions: congamensch

congamensch

Feb 19, 2018
P/s: Cumdump is best girl, anyone disagree can arrange a fist fight with me to decide otherwise.
I gotta be honest, I really cannot think of Cumpdump in a sexual manner; I want to hug her and give her headpats, but banging here would feel like shagging a puppy, at least for me :p

Reactions: Cornuthaum

congamensch

Feb 19, 2018
No.
Succubi doing Succubi things... Because Succubi.
Yeah, IIRC they literally need it to survive. Sure, they can get it on with the rest of the harem, but if I remember the Succubus lessons from the Orgasmic Empire right, it's not quite as nourishing, hence the need for non-female (or at least non-succubus) companionship. And besides, Simon's not that kind of guy; he's close to all the harem women, to be sure, but generally he's more of a father figure than their husband/boyfriend.

falafelswoop

Oct 4, 2019
Yeah, IIRC they literally need it to survive. Sure, they can get it on with the rest of the harem, but if I remember the Succubus lessons from the Orgasmic Empire right, it's not quite as nourishing, hence the need for non-female (or at least non-succubus) companionship. And besides, Simon's not that kind of guy; he's close to all the harem women, to be sure, but generally he's more of a father figure than their husband/boyfriend.
No, they don't need males to survive, they need sexual energy in general. There's a whole library conversation about it in Simon's route. Yarra and Qum have each other for that. Before Chapter 1 Yarra was subsisting off a lust amulet, and later we meet Yelarel who survives off lust potions. Yarra had options, but chose to fuck other men.

And it's not explained as a matter of survival, it's part of their "diplomacy" to "further their goals". Which isn't even an excuse by itself - how many NTR plots are there where they make some kind of excuse that their cheating ultimately benefits their partner? Oh, I have to fuck his boss so my husband will get that promotion. Oh, I have to fuck the Yakuza because they're blackmailing us. Happens all the time, definitely still NTR. Even if Simon were present, and ostensibly consented, it'd still be an NTR game with the situation forcing them into it. Even if he fapped in the corner and loved it, it's netorase at best.

Sorry but if the dev didn't want to be branded an NTR dev, she shouldn't have put the girls in a relationship and then had them fuck men outside the relationship, simple as.

ilmncsm

Apr 10, 2018
Polyamory is a thing? People have open relationships? Especially among species where sexual energy is literally food? Sure there's the social component to it as well, but they do in fact have an open relationship. When they are around Simon and the rest of the harem, they stick with them, but sometimes they are literally hundreds of miles away from Simon.

Also, if I remember correctly while Yarra was indeed subsisting off her lust amulet, that was basically at a "keeps her alive" level of sustenance, not a "is at her full power" level of sustenance, especially after getting more powerful from being with Simon for a while power levels. It's been a while since I played though, so I could be wrong about that.

Reactions: LaTeChien

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
No, they don't need males to survive, they need sexual energy in general. There's a whole library conversation about it in Simon's route. Yarra and Qum have each other for that. Before Chapter 1 Yarra was subsisting off a lust amulet, and later we meet Yelarel who survives off lust potions. Yarra had options, but chose to fuck other men.

And it's not explained as a matter of survival, it's part of their "diplomacy" to "further their goals". Which isn't even an excuse by itself - how many NTR plots are there where they make some kind of excuse that their cheating ultimately benefits their partner? Oh, I have to fuck his boss so my husband will get that promotion. Oh, I have to fuck the Yakuza because they're blackmailing us. Happens all the time, definitely still NTR. Even if Simon were present, and ostensibly consented, it'd still be an NTR game with the situation forcing them into it. Even if he fapped in the corner and loved it, it's netorase at best.

Sorry but if the dev didn't want to be branded an NTR dev, she shouldn't have put the girls in a relationship and then had them fuck men outside the relationship, simple as.
Lore-wise, you are correct, it was not a matter of survival and succubi don't strictly need sex to survive.

I don't agree that the game has NTR because NTR is a fetish built around the act of cheating, as in betraying the expectations of one's partner and engaging in sexual activities with other people that should be off-limits.

First, there's literally no NTR fetishization in any of those scenes in the game. None of those scenes have the characters going like "oh my god I can't believe I'm having sex with a man other than Simon, this is so wrong, I can't stop thinking about how hurtful this would be for him and how I shouldn't be doing this" or anything even remotely similar to that. The only 2 moods the writing has in those scenes are "hey I haven't done any succubus seduction stuff in a while, let's see if I still got it" and "fuck I wish Simon was here, sex with him is better than anything else", couldn't be further from an NTR scenario in both of those.

Second, I don't even think you could write a consensual NTR scene here given the way the relationship between Yarra and Simon is in the game. Succubi just add sex to pretty much everything in their lives, the lore makes it clear that, in their societies, as long as you are honest with your partner and don't do anything with the intent of hurting them, sex with others would never be a problem or a betrayal of any kind, so Yarra really doesn't consider those scenes to be in anyway reducing her commitment to Simon. And Simon on the other hand is not an immature dickhead, the guy understands how succubi are and he walks around with a giant harem in which he is frequently prompted to add more women to, he 100% understands it and treats his relationship with the succubi women as an open relationship.

So given all of that, the only way "NTR" could happen with Yarra would be if it was something non-consensual and someone was trying to force her and take her away from Simon, which is literally what the Incubus King of Arclent tries to do with her, and then she overcomes his power and tells him to go fuck himself because she's happier with Simon. The game literally has a scene about shutting down the one scenario where it could feel like an NTR scene, how the hell people still think this was trying to be an NTR fetish section?

But finally, even if you disagree with all of this and just come out of it with the simple neuron activation of "woman I have sex with having sex with other man = I'm upset and she's a deceitful harlot", how are 2 tiny scenes in a 100+ hours long game enough to "brand" the dev as an "NTR dev"? That's just such an overreaction.

falafelswoop

Oct 4, 2019
Rule of thumb: If you have to write several paragraphs of essay justifying how it doesn't count, it's NTR. I know you like the game, but you're doing mental gymnastics to rationalize what is basically a halo effect.

Dev didn't want to be an NTR dev, she coulda made those scenes totally optional. After all, there are only a few of them, as you say.

And “it only happened a few times” doesn't make it not cheating. Try that excuse on your spouse and see how that works out for you. Once a cheater, always a cheater.

It's like the old joke:
Man walks into a bar and sits next to an old guy drinking a beer. And the old guy’s like, “Did you see that wall on your way into town?” And the guy’s like, “Yeah.” And the old man’s like, “I built that wall with my own two hands. But do they call me O’Grady the Mason? Noooo.” Then he’s like, “Did you see those cabinets on your way into the bar?” And the guy’s like, “Yeah.” And the old man’s like, “I build those cabinets with me own two hands. But do they call me O’Grady the Carpenter? Noooo.” Then he says, “Did you see the iron gates on the way into town?” And the guy’s like, “Yeah.” And the old man’s like, “I built those gates with me own two hands. But do they call me O’Grady the Smith? Noooo. But you fuck one goat…”

Cornuthaum

Jun 18, 2022
Vhala: use unperson Aura then spam arrow of abstinen
Aka: poison him then disabling assault
Ginasta: spam suppressing strike and you can use subsisting aura to heal her
Carina: heal (use Divine touch to heal completely) and revive also shield of purity
That's the most successful party I used
Vhala, Aka, Varia, Carina is what I brought.

Vhala: Unperson Aura -> Arrow of Abstinence spam
Aka: Poison -> Pure Strike spam
Varia: Servant Frenzy -> Blade Dance spam
Carina: Shield of Purity x2 -> Mass Heal spam

Unless an enemy is immune to physical or has counterattack (like that one tower node) Varia is ALWAYS the best choice for single target boss fights. Even if they're Resistant to physical she just does so, so much damage.

Last edited:

falafelswoop

Oct 4, 2019
Yes, again. This will keep happening, over and over without end, because new players will keep trying the game and encountering this content. There is no point whining about this inevitability. If you dislike it, convince the dev to fix the issue.
I don't agree that the game has NTR because NTR is a fetish built around the act of cheating, as in betraying the expectations of one's partner and engaging in sexual activities with other people that should be off-limits.

First, there's literally no NTR fetishization in any of those scenes in the game.
Then why is it even there, as part of the required content? The game goes through the motions of cheating without actually trying to appeal to people who actually like it? That's dumber than just being an NTR fetish game.

hermesh

Feb 1, 2022
Sierra Lee loves to make fun of VN player tropes by turning them into antagonists. Like the "i force everyone to fuck me and nobody else but me" Fucklord you get to kill. Should give a pretty good indicator that complaints like those won't change the game & are a waste of energy. I mean, obviously enough people like the game & she doesn't even read here...

Cornuthaum

Jun 18, 2022
People who go "reeee ntr" any time a woman involved with the protagonist glances at another man need to ... not even just touch grass. Roll up and down an entire alpine meadow, or roll through the american plains until the grass quotient has been achieved. If you are that thin skinned go watch love live or something similarly sanitised instead of writing that has any sort of verisimilitude to it.

4.50 star(s) 180 Votes