Mossrock

Jul 23, 2018
you read the spreadsheet wrong. the two bonus aren't cumulative. the "rough scene" add a +1 level and MAT+5/MDF+20 on top of the +2 level and +20 MMP from orcent+kara (for a total of +3 level, +20 MMP, MAT+5, MDF+20).
Since you seem to know the game inside out, mind lending a hand? I can't get the mentioned Kara/Orcent scene triggered at all, either version I mean. Since it's been a while I last played, I checked the flags/variables with an editor. According to the WT, I should have it covered:
Kara's alive, recruited, and with Orcent, had enough bar talks with Orcent, including with Riala.
The only thing I'm not 100% sure of is the "kara-lucy-orcent talk", can't find a flag that looks like that anywhere, flipped or unflipped.
I got the other guy's save (who supposedly managed to trigger it both) and compared it with mine, only "kara stay" and "kara go" flags were different, but editing that didn't do squat either.
If I see it correctly on the WT, the scene should've triggered during the 2nd gathering between Orcent's solo and group fights but I got nothing.

Anyway seeing it isn't even my problem, it's the potential future story I might be missing that bothers me.

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
Since you seem to know the game inside out, mind lending a hand? I can't get the mentioned Kara/Orcent scene triggered at all, either version I mean. Since it's been a while I last played, I checked the flags/variables with an editor. According to the WT, I should have it covered:
Kara's alive, recruited, and with Orcent, had enough bar talks with Orcent, including with Riala.
The only thing I'm not 100% sure of is the "kara-lucy-orcent talk", can't find a flag that looks like that anywhere, flipped or unflipped.
I got the other guy's save (who supposedly managed to trigger it both) and compared it with mine, only "kara stay" and "kara go" flags were different, but editing that didn't do squat either.
If I see it correctly on the WT, the scene should've triggered during the 2nd gathering between Orcent's solo and group fights but I got nothing.

Anyway seeing it isn't even my problem, it's the potential future story I might be missing that bothers me.
have you complete orcent/lucy quest in stineford chapter 1?

Jennnnnyyyyy

Feb 21, 2018
You can always upload the save and someone (100% not me) can just poke around to see if anything is wrong with it (some flags may be bugged due to the game being indev highly doubt it since sierra actually has a brain, if you do upload it, it would be preferable for it to be with 2 older saves "save 1, save 2 and the current save 3 or whatever number ya are at")
That I can't say, it was years ago. Best I can do now is check the relevant flags/values in the save file.
Save file (the editors to be honest) aint gonna show you much aside from whats currently flagged or not flagged and the values that mean nothing (for said event) (sometimes events just bug out and won't trigger no matter what you do, engine at fault)

Reactions: Mossrock

Mossrock

Jul 23, 2018
You can always upload the save and someone (100% not me) can just poke around to see if anything is wrong with it (some flags may be bugged due to the game being indev highly doubt it since sierra actually has a brain, if you do upload it, it would be preferable for it to be with 2 older saves "save 1, save 2 and the current save 3 or whatever number ya are at")

Save file (the editors to be honest) aint gonna show you much aside from whats currently flagged or not flagged and the values that mean nothing (for said event)
(sometimes events just bug out and won't trigger no matter what you do, engine at fault)
Upload the latest I can, earlier saves I can't. After 150+ hours and 1000+ saves, I don't really have anything "earlier". Besides checking flags/values I can do myself if I know what I'm looking for.

Anyway flags/values should be responsible for every such event trigger so you lost me by saying that means nothing (for said event).
A random bug is of course also a possibility, I remember running into one years ago which I did manage to solve with an earlier save, though the details of it fully escape me. At any rate, triggering a single sex scene isn't really what I'm after, I just want the game to think I did (via save editing magix) in case future events are built on it. Because I don't want to miss anything and spend another 150 hours (with no guarantee of a "perfect" run) to catch up to where I am now lol

Jennnnnyyyyy

Feb 21, 2018
Upload the latest I can, earlier saves I can't. After 150+ hours and 1000+ saves, I don't really have anything "earlier". Besides checking flags/values I can do myself if I know what I'm looking for.

Anyway flags/values should be responsible for every such event trigger so you lost me by saying that means nothing (for said event).
A random bug is of course also a possibility, I remember running into one years ago which I did manage to solve with an earlier save, though the details of it fully escape me. At any rate, triggering a single sex scene isn't really what I'm after, I just want the game to think I did (via save editing magix) in case future events are built on it. Because I don't want to miss anything and spend another 150 hours (with no guarantee of a "perfect" run) to catch up to where I am now lol
Honestly thinking about this after taking a nap, i don't think i would be able to replicate the same issue without the very same steps you took throughout the whole play-through (recent save would only show the "problem" not the cause of it, tbh i got no clue why the scene would not trigger if you got all req's for it)

Best i can do is to tell you all triggers for said scene and you can look over at ur end and see if anything looks out of place.
That would be (kara recruited ON, Orcent Quest Done) this 2 tigger a "kara + orcent" conditional switch when you talk to lucy in the HQ.
The quest is bit partial from the look of it (you need to rescue lucy from America slavery then talk to the couple at the farm (and get paid) then comes the whole "kara has to be alive and you need to visit feroholm to recruit her" bit which is unskippable (you may need to see them in ardford during the war, this has no connection so i highly doubt it but who knows) obvs you need to talk to her in the library for this to even "start" per say as its the trigger for "kara + orcent"

You need 12 or more conversations with orcent, the conversation with riala (should trigger on its own as far as it seems) and the "kara + orcent" flag "ON" and this very specific scene seems to trigger this "sex scene" as it calls for a common event (orcent x kara) and then after the scene it triggers another flag (orcent/kara scene = on) and gives you 1+ to military, hospitality and magic (you get free stats for fucking ._. ) and that should be all.

Kara is never mentioned later in the game from my quiiiick look through the events and later stages of the game (which seems weird but its pretty much she is a "missable flavour" for the game so eh, one event that should haver her mentioned at least would be his own damned quest in the tower but ya no luck there, i could also be fuck blind and just completly miss her part as i just skim through that event)

(also what i meant by useless was specifically targetted towards the save editor you get by googling it (not the one from this site, that one is ok as it actually shows shit, and im working on a basis of "ppl don't know shit so imma assume that they are dumber than a sack of rocks) (i should also say that i omit alot of stuff that i should write but my brain is fucking dumb as fuck and i just don't do it which causes lots of confusion at times, appologies)
am i really the only one who keeps all their saves in diff folders...

To sum it up so you don't have to read this ugly wall of text
You need: Kara + orcent = ON, OrcentQuest Done = On, Riala/Orcent Convo = ON, Orcent conversations = 12 or more, click on Kara, Lucy and Orcent, Kara not being dead and Orcent/Lucy Temp = on (this one only for a scene that triggers kara + orcent = on)
The flags are (2729 for kara+orcent, 3788 for riala/orcent convo, 0224 for orcent convo counter, 0082 for orcent quest, 2660 for kara recruitment, 2735 for Orcent/Lucy temp, the sex scene itself it common event 346)

• Red Heart
Reactions: Mossrock

Mossrock

Jul 23, 2018
Honestly thinking about this after taking a nap, i don't think i would be able to replicate the same issue without the very same steps you took throughout the whole play-through (recent save would only show the "problem" not the cause of it, tbh i got no clue why the scene would not trigger if you got all req's for it)

Best i can do is to tell you all triggers for said scene and you can look over at ur end and see if anything looks out of place.
That would be (kara recruited ON, Orcent Quest Done) this 2 tigger a "kara + orcent" conditional switch when you talk to lucy in the HQ.
The quest is bit partial from the look of it (you need to rescue lucy from America slavery then talk to the couple at the farm (and get paid) then comes the whole "kara has to be alive and you need to visit feroholm to recruit her" bit which is unskippable (you may need to see them in ardford during the war, this has no connection so i highly doubt it but who knows) obvs you need to talk to her in the library for this to even "start" per say as its the trigger for "kara + orcent"

You need 12 or more conversations with orcent, the conversation with riala (should trigger on its own as far as it seems) and the "kara + orcent" flag "ON" and this very specific scene seems to trigger this "sex scene" as it calls for a common event (orcent x kara) and then after the scene it triggers another flag (orcent/kara scene = on) and gives you 1+ to military, hospitality and magic (you get free stats for fucking ._. ) and that should be all.

Kara is never mentioned later in the game from my quiiiick look through the events and later stages of the game (which seems weird but its pretty much she is a "missable flavour" for the game so eh, one event that should haver her mentioned at least would be his own damned quest in the tower but ya no luck there, i could also be fuck blind and just completly miss her part as i just skim through that event)

(also what i meant by useless was specifically targetted towards the save editor you get by googling it (not the one from this site, that one is ok as it actually shows shit, and im working on a basis of "ppl don't know shit so imma assume that they are dumber than a sack of rocks) (i should also say that i omit alot of stuff that i should write but my brain is fucking dumb as fuck and i just don't do it which causes lots of confusion at times, appologies)
am i really the only one who keeps all their saves in diff folders...

To sum it up so you don't have to read this ugly wall of text
You need: Kara + orcent = ON, OrcentQuest Done = On, Riala/Orcent Convo = ON, Orcent conversations = 12 or more, click on Kara, Lucy and Orcent, Kara not being dead and Orcent/Lucy Temp = on (this one only for a scene that triggers kara + orcent = on)
The flags are (2729 for kara+orcent, 3788 for riala/orcent convo, 0224 for orcent convo counter, 0082 for orcent quest, 2660 for kara recruitment, 2735 for Orcent/Lucy temp, the sex scene itself it common event 346)

I'd like to note that I don't KNOW if I have al the reqs. I just THINK that I probably do, based on my (very vague) memory, the flags of the other save someone uploaded, the fact that I interact (or die trying!) with EVERYTHING on the map multiple times (just to be sure, you know, IDK what OCD is), and the fact I've been following the WT also.

(And no I don't keep 1000+ saves, I wouldn't even know where I was exactly in like 900 of them, I'd literally have to attach a txt detailing my progress to every single one of them. I'm happy enough I ONLY spent an hour figuring it out this time around.)

As for your step-by-step tutorial, I thank you for that, but it was (mostly?) unnecessary, as I made a post (maybe you just missed it?) earlier in my conversation with Fulminato where I included my flags/values. It checks out, mostly or entirely, I'll see. Also yeah, I AM using RPGMedit(or?) I found on this site, it did allow me to search for flags by names and it helped. I don't mind you treating me like an idiot and explaining everything, it certainly helps making sure the problem isn't the other guy, I just got confused because "values that mean nothing " made no sense to me whatsoever.

So anyway the ONLY thing that isn't exactly as you said is the flag "Orcent/Lucy Temp = on", but you also said it is a flag that "triggers kara + orcent = on", which I do have (I assume a TEMPorary flag gets turned off after something, in this case once the "kara+orcent" flag is flipped on), AND when I compared my save with the save of the person who (couldn't trigger it, but then) could trigger it, there was no significant difference I could see (I had more bar talks, that's it).
Of course, my missing the scene is (STILL) assuming the scene should play automatically between Orcent's solo and team battles during the second gathering, and not elsewhere, triggered by missable player interaction between player and object/relevant character.

The fact it doesn't seem to impact anything going on is good news for my spiritual well-being, of course I'll still try to fuck around with the values a little more later (flipping that TEMP flag for one, and maybe replaying the entire 2nd gathering thingy to see if it's just an unfortunate random bug), but for now (because I've already moved past it quite a bit) I'll just try to edit my save file accordingly, because free stats from fucking yay. Only thing I can't find in the editor is "common event 346" but I assume it's not a thing I'd need to "update" anyway, so even if something's built on it later on, I should theoretically have all the flags for it.

Also if I get a wall of text for the help that I literally asked for, of course Ima read it all thrice.

And now that I think about it, this is literally my first playthrough. I've been essentially updating/overwriting the same save file that was first made when the game didn't even have some twists like
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
which was a long-ass time ago. I wonder if there were retroactive changes and if there were, if they could somehow cause such a problem, or if saves could corrupt in such a manner. But oh well.

I will definitely play the game again for sure (and min-max the shit out of it too), but only once it's completed. It was...IS enough to pick it up every some years and binge the living fuck out of the available content ONCE, I ain't doin' that again lol

Thank you again for your help!

Last edited:

ixcez

Nov 26, 2018
Whelp not sure if it's been mentioned but looked around a bit and supossedly the dev has posted that hopefully TLS will be finished in 2024.

Also for the upcoming update the focus will be around Vhala's quest, the open world section, finishing the new stineford, an extra way for Sarai to join, fix with Nalili since her quest should have added another key item, a character that tracks all endgame quests + give hints to them, some other fixes and polishes and another shining sword that should allow you to get the last trade with Wendis so you could potentially create all custom items.

So this might be the last update before the final battle. The dev also mentioned that the next game will probably be a short game and then there might be another big game that is set in post TLS or something.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: JungleNuts

Jennnnnyyyyy

Feb 21, 2018
Wall of Text.png
The game has been updated over time and certain area's have been revisited for "touch ups" so its almost impossible to tell if anything is bugged or not without actually reading the save data (im not willing to do that as rpg maker saves are too complex for my brain on most of the days) the best case scenario would be somehow fucking with all the flags and switches and making it work (which is something i would advise against as the game does seem to fuck up when you toggle something that should not be toggled at the time)

I skipped over the conversation that you had with the other user (mainly bcs i don't read anything that is not remotely "i need help") so i may have not noticed that you had certain flags on (my mistake like always) so now that i actually got some degree of my brain back (due to sleeping for like 8h) i decided to check my own saves and see if i could not recreate the same issue and came to the conclusion that i do not know what the fuck is wrong with your issue, i have tried different saves in different time frames (some of them being from 0.6 version and some from 0.5 and the most recent one, none of which caused any issue)

With that tested i decided to see if the issue was just poor timing (as certain events become obsolete when bigger events trigger) as that could be the case with this one, so the next move was to check if the 2nd gathering, incubus war or anything else would "override" the event, and they do not (as they lock you into a specific part of the game they don't "collide" with the event itself)

Next on the agenda was testing if you can skip over talking to kara and having the event bug out, (which somehow bugged my screen and forced a black screen due to missing flags ._.) and aside from that one little fuck up, everything seems fine and nothing should actually block you from getting kara + orcent (something i noticed is that the event does bug out only if you are missing every single flag, what also happened was that i somehow got kara to talk with orcent and riala even though she was considered dead in the game, so i got no fucking clue how that works now)

Next was checking a fresh new save and forcing the player character to spawn inside the HQ (instead of the beginning of the game) which proved to be very annoying as i had to flag everything myself BUT it allowed me to have a controlled environment in which i could test just the kara path.
So i got lucy (because she is a key component for this) and orcent being back to HQ (so i can actually interact with him) and having kara recruited (having the dead/alive flag changed nothing as it only serves as a "key" for her recruitment that happens during the war) so that lead me to believe that the main thing missing would be the only thing that i have not touched yet... orcent conversations (which i set to 12) and that put me in a state of "kara being next to orcent, them having talked to lucy and no sex scene happening"
so the last thing on the check list was forcing the riala/orcent convo to happen which is seems to be the last thing missing (and since i do not know what triggers that specific event, i just brute forced it) and with all that...
I got kara lucy and orcent to talk, i got 12 conversations and had kara + orcent on, then i just walked to the main floor and the whole thing triggered (so you may be missing riala/orcent convo somehow) as its the only trigger for the sex scene

Starting a new save should eliminate this problem (because it just seems like the save ya got is just borked) but you can always upload the save and i can simply brute force shit till it works (that method is like last resort for things as it may break future updates)
The timing for the scene can happen at any time that you got kara riala and orcent (+ lucy) in the HQ so you most likely should be able to trigger it before/after the gawnfall synod as it unlocks some areas and such.

To explain things so you dont get confused, common event is as the name suggest, a event (just like any sex scene) it allows sierra to write a huge wall of smut in a tidy window in the editor and have it be called when she wants (you can look into them when you decrypt the game and run it in the rpg maker vx ace) (attached the picture of the menu with the event selected)
Another thing i should explain is that you only need 3 requirements for the scene to trigger (which i attached as a picture too) and the scene should play on its own when you get to main floor, so you are 100000% either missing one of them Or the game took a shit and somehow the data is plain fucked (can happen on very very very rare occasions when a game is updated but the old "code" in the save decides to not give way and it just eats shit and corrupts itself)

And now that I think about it, this is literally my first playthrough. I've been essentially updating/overwriting the same save file that was first made when the game didn't even have some twists like
I'd suggest not overwriting any saves in any rpg game (it mainly just makes you waste time when something fucks up or a boss decides to sit on you and insta kill you ._.)
I will definitely play the game again for sure (and min-max the shit out of it too), but only once it's completed. It was...IS enough to pick it up every some years and binge the living fuck out of the available content ONCE, I ain't doin' that again lol
booooo min maxing booo anyway, the game should be done this year (aside from art which can take tad bit longer than anyone would like because drawing smut takes time) hf with 150h+ of content (if you count the different routes you can take on certain events)

Reactions: JungleNuts

Jennnnnyyyyy

Feb 21, 2018
The dev also mentioned that the next game will probably be a short game and then there might be another big game that is set in post TLS or something.
That just may be the game that is being worked on (for AGES) (as for the next game i got no clue whatsoever but it got potential and could cause a fuck ton brain damage just to make, as you have to either force certain events to be canon or do what mass effect did and write 1287936821753283921 diff scenarios based on the save data IF it is based on the TLS story (could just be the same universe and be something diff and have no mentions of the old game whatsoever)

Could also be "Slave Rehabilitator " as she talked about it in december or "Waltz of Fiends" but i cannot say much aside from what sierra has written on patreon

A thing that should be mentioned is that sierra wants to experiment with different engines/ideas (don't quote me on it as she is still "churning on it") and see what works and what does not (so the next TLS like game just may not be in rpg maker or it may be in rpg maker but in newer version, OR she just may quit dev life all together and only continue to write books and whatnot, only time can tell which will be true)

Reactions: ixcez

Jennnnnyyyyy

Feb 21, 2018
Does that weird text that Chosen in ch5 gives have any meaning?
The weird looking being (that looks like a cunt Chosen) is yet another one of the "chase me around the world" quest during the "roaming" part of the game.
The french gibberish it speaks means nothing but do click on all of them as when you find enough of them (all the locations can be found in the you will get... yup a shining sword.

Lilium Steele

May 27, 2018
The weird looking being (that looks like a cunt Chosen) is yet another one of the "chase me around the world" quest during the "roaming" part of the game.
The french gibberish it speaks means nothing but do click on all of them as when you find enough of them (all the locations can be found in the you will get... yup a shining sword.
Oh, I knew about the sword, just wondering if that gibberish is an easter egg

Jennnnnyyyyy

Feb 21, 2018
whats RTP for?
RTP (run time package is a "system" for rpg maker games below the MV/MZ generations, it's used to reduce the overall side of a game by not having to include the default files (such as music, .dll files and some more) you need to download RTP from rpg maker website (just google it) or you gonna need to download the "RTP included" version of whatever game you want to play

Reactions: Snugglepuff

lostone2

Jul 1, 2017
whats RTP for?

RTP is a system for reducing the total size of a game file made with RPG Maker. RTPs contain the graphics, music, and .dll files used when creating a game. Once a game is made with RTP data, you do not need to include material data like music or graphic files. This significantly reduces the file size of the game.

4.40 star(s) 177 Votes