congamensch

Feb 19, 2018
Also remember that Simon wouldn't be the kind of guy to mind. After all, if he's getting plenty of loving on the reg, it'd hardly be fair for him to deny the other women in his harem the same privilege. That said, IIRC it's only the succubi who do other guys regularly; most of the other women generally go for Simon (and sometimes, each other;)).

TRowws

Jan 30, 2020
Just did a bit more freeroaming and suddenly found out there was still an incubus king in erosia to kill.
I think in the last update i also killed one in stineford but are there more i'm missing?

loverperson

Jan 30, 2020
Does anyone know what happens if you trust the ardoheim ambassador? in the guide it said to not reveal your plans.I did that and in the end it turns out shes cunning or something?what happens?

catal010

Mar 22, 2020
he tricked you.
he said he'll agree to follow aye/nay on 1 of the summit decision based on your choice, but instead chooses the opposite of it to your detriment.

Last edited:

LearRagnos

Dec 27, 2018
The last time I touched this game was... maybe two years ago now, when the last available bit of content was chapter four's first freeroaming segment. Having just spent a week playing through it from scratch, and done absolutely everything I can, it's only lead me to reiterate one though. God I love this game. It's just about the best RPG I've ever played, however much my opinion is actually worth, and undoubtedly the best RPG maker game. But I'm not really here to gush, or to hash out a solid review - that's business for later, and maybe something better reserved for the Steam page.

No, I mostly have a question, and I'm not actually sure if anyone in the thread can answer it. Who makes the sprites/portraits of every character? I know some of them - like the chosen, Simon's face, and probably the generic Incubus King - are more standard RPG maker characters, but what about the rest? Is that something Sierra does herself? Are they all bought/commissioned off of some RPG maker asset market I just don't know about? Is it the same artist or a different one to the person who illustrated the sex scenes? All I could really find are arguments over the art added to sex scenes, several of them years old and involving the cost of doing so with a single artist and how unreasonable it is. Most of which I was already aware of as a consequences of the medium, but still, it only muddied the waters a bit for me. By this point I'm a bit too deep into the rabbit hole of this one, random thought to stop without finding an answer.

catal010

Mar 22, 2020
iirc, most of the character portrait are stock RPGM asset
some of them are modified/photoshopped a bit here and there so there's a unique characteristic for prominent character portrait for example.

loverperson

Jan 30, 2020
The last time I touched this game was... maybe two years ago now, when the last available bit of content was chapter four's first freeroaming segment. Having just spent a week playing through it from scratch, and done absolutely everything I can, it's only lead me to reiterate one though. God I love this game. It's just about the best RPG I've ever played, however much my opinion is actually worth, and undoubtedly the best RPG maker game. But I'm not really here to gush, or to hash out a solid review - that's business for later, and maybe something better reserved for the Steam page.

No, I mostly have a question, and I'm not actually sure if anyone in the thread can answer it. Who makes the sprites/portraits of every character? I know some of them - like the chosen, Simon's face, and probably the generic Incubus King - are more standard RPG maker characters, but what about the rest? Is that something Sierra does herself? Are they all bought/commissioned off of some RPG maker asset market I just don't know about? Is it the same artist or a different one to the person who illustrated the sex scenes? All I could really find are arguments over the art added to sex scenes, several of them years old and involving the cost of doing so with a single artist and how unreasonable it is. Most of which I was already aware of as a consequences of the medium, but still, it only muddied the waters a bit for me. By this point I'm a bit too deep into the rabbit hole of this one, random thought to stop without finding an answer.
this sounds obvious but the best person to ask is sierra herself

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
There is quite a community of rpg maker asset makers, both for free and commercial use. I remember running into quite a few of the assets used in TLS a long time ago when I was researching what was available online.

The artists of the custom graphics are credited in the README that comes in the TLS folder, if you search their names on both this and this you should be able to find most of what you are looking for. The style is more or less consistent because a lot of them are edits from the base assets that come available with RPGMaker VX Ace, or at least made with those in mind to at least be similar.

Here's some examples with some familiar faces:

I went mostly with that one artist just to not spend too much time searching, but the other people credited can also include sprite makers, battler art makers, tileset makers, etc.

The CG art for the sex scenes is entirely commisioned by Sierra though, the artist doing them is not the same as the ones that made the art for the assets.

LearRagnos

Dec 27, 2018
can someone help me with the investment for the ardford summit area? i dont know what is profitable and important
Honestly pick up whatever you can? You can always check the Investments page on the wiki, but I would generally recommend getting the Bank of Ivala if you can - it's actually profitable, you'll probably regret not going for it early in the game, and has some nice benefits later down the road - but if that's outside your current pricerange you should buy the restaurant, donate to the sanitation mages, and then do what you can for the order of silence. Roughly in that order, but only if you'd have enough leftover by the time you get to the order of silence to donate their minimum amount. They're good investments for a wide number of reasons.

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
can someone help me with the investment for the ardford summit area? i dont know what is profitable and important
it's a ... hard question. without knowing your previous investment it's basicaly impossible answer that.
the few things i can say are:
* join the merchant guild, is a lot of hidden stats and give you help more the on time (you need 1M ProN on hand to pay the fee [100K] so it's best doing it before spending anything)
* try to invest in at least two of three banks (yhilin, ardfor and ivalan one) for strong return in next iteration.
* invest at least 10K in the order of silence, if you manage 50K is the best (the 100K is eccessive)
* sanitation mage can seem a waste, but they can help you a lot in a laaaater section.
* crystal refinery give you solid return.
* mercenary flotilla is nearly a scam, but you probably want invest in ardford supplier if you can spare the money.

Last edited:

Leo D. Marstone

Nov 2, 2017
When did Lee Get an artist
Ah, I was wondering about this. For the longest time this Game had no art only text so I never touched it...cause obvious reasons.
The art looks kinda vanilla and easygoing/tame? but given the tags there should be more hardcore stuff. But then again these were surely only for promo purposes on the op. We will see more after the artist catches up.
I have my eyes on you again The Last Sovereign.

Kal Von Fiend

Aug 2, 2017
There was some art originally in form of 2d sprites banging it out old school Violated H style but it was too little and far apart,
I hope those didnt get replaced :eek:
they were cute :sneaky:

As far as the new art goes i dont know how it will turn out Lee writes a LOT into the scenes. The artist's got a lot of work.

loverperson

Jan 30, 2020
There was some art originally in form of 2d sprites banging it out old school Violated H style but it was too little and far apart,
I hope those didnt get replaced :eek:
they were cute :sneaky:

As far as the new art goes i dont know how it will turn out Lee writes a LOT into the scenes. The artist's got a lot of work.
what is violated h style?

4.40 star(s) 179 Votes