3.20 star(s) 20 Votes

Milchoholiker

Game Developer
Aug 23, 2018
First, you could use the search function and search for yourself. Second, could you give more info. And thirdly, could you stop throwing such accusations around right away.

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
Just poking my nose in. I've been working as a writer on this game for a while now, and have more recently taken over programming as well.

If anyone has any questions or feedback, feel free to point them at me - tag me, quote me, whatever.

Reactions: Miraj
Mar 21, 2022
Just poking my nose in. I've been working as a writer on this game for a while now, and have more recently taken over programming as well.

If anyone has any questions or feedback, feel free to point them at me - tag me, quote me, whatever.
Hello, good job at the game. When do we expect the full release?

Milchoholiker

Game Developer
Aug 23, 2018
The full release will certainly take years because we have a lot of plans where the journey should go.

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
Hello, good job at the game. When do we expect the full release?
As Milch said, the full release is a long ways off. We've only just started progressing into the first act of the story. The game is likely to be in active development for a number of years.
Will there be an android version?
To expand on what Milch said, playing the game on mobile may be possible through an emulator like JoiPlay, but the scripts used in the game make an official port impossible. Some people have had some success getting the game to work on mobile, but we're unable to provide any support for any issues encountered.

Reactions: halo17

ArborElf

Jan 20, 2018
Have anyone the new Version to share ?
not to many people its keeping track of the project mainly because the team takes to long to realese an update id stoped the back up after the last update, because they took like 3 or 4 months to just a couple of renders, and after a whole another month they uploaded it here.

i dont know if they have a marketing director or they know how to do some advertisement but they are taking the project in the wrong direction, so sad because its a very nice game and has a lot of potential.
1666721705595.png
but yhea i think this image speak more than enything i can type they just dont know how to sell the game, and the lack of compromise from the DEV team to get the updates on time its taking away most of people that would like to back up the project.

• Angry
Reactions: Milchoholiker

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
not to many people its keeping track of the project mainly because the team takes to long to realese an update id stoped the back up after the last update, because they took like 3 or 4 months to just a couple of renders, and after a whole another month they uploaded it here.

i dont know if they have a marketing director or they know how to do some advertisement but they are taking the project in the wrong direction, so sad because its a very nice game and has a lot of potential.

but yhea i think this image speak more than enything i can type they just dont know how to sell the game, and the lack of compromise from the DEV team to get the updates on time its taking away most of people that would like to back up the project.
I'm not sure if you're upset about the long wait or you're deliberately misrepresenting things in an attempt to damage the game's reputation, but there are things for me to respond to here either way. I'll do my best to respond factually.

We're aware releases have been taking too long to release. We're taking steps to make releases more frequent and consistent, even if they end up being smaller in size.

To clarify, the 'couple of renders' in the new update includes 76 entirely new, individually unique images and two new animations.

The delay between it going out to supporters and it being uploaded here is the early access benefit supporters receive. It isn't new, nor is it an indicator of something else happening.

The image you shared is from our Subscribestar page, which has significantly fewer supporters than our Patreon page. Here is the same metric from Patreon:
1666963363110.png

The 'wrong direction' and 'lack of compromise' you mention seem to be rooted in the same 'I want more updates more often' sentiment your post is based on, but if you don't mind expanding on those thoughts, we'd be happy to hear your feedback and consider including any useful suggestions in our strategy going forward.

Milchoholiker

Game Developer
Aug 23, 2018

View attachment 2124464
And then people really wonder why so many developers stop again. You talk like we're a multimillion dollar company. That can influence even the smallest part of your own production. Are you not aware that in some parts of the world the power goes out regularly and this disrupts development? Not everyone is lucky enough to live in countries with a secure infrastructure. Our team members try to defy the circumstances as well as possible, but it still leaves traces in development.

Impalord

Jul 5, 2020
I'm not sure if you're upset about the long wait or you're deliberately misrepresenting things in an attempt to damage the game's reputation, but there are things for me to respond to here either way. I'll do my best to respond factually.
[...]
Don't feed the trolls ;)
Especially on a pirate site and when they try to appear to be the wise guy who knows how things outta be done.
Then f**** do it yourself and show us Mr. ArborElf.

I'm fine with a longer wait. I know you guys are working on it and the things that appear small are often the most work.
Also there is life alongside: 3 days seem easy to get things done and suddenly it is 2 weeks later.
Some people also seems to forget that these are hobby projects mostly.

Just as long as this is not going the way of "Polarity" you are save :love:

Reactions: Milchoholiker

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
Don't feed the trolls ;)

I'm fine with a longer wait. I know you guys are working on it and the things that appear small are often the most work.
Also there is life alongside: 3 days seem easy to get things done and suddenly it is 2 weeks later.
Some people also seems to forget that these are hobby projects mostly.

Just as long as this is not going the way of "Polarity" you are save :love:
He hasn't outed himself as a troll, just as someone upset with being made to wait. Which, if he cares as much about the project as he seems to, is a perfectly reasonable reaction. The team gets frustrated when things take longer than we want them to, too.

I rather dislike misinformation, though. And I try to be active in the communities I'm a part of, so I don't mind sharing missing context when it's appropriate.

Thanks for the sentiment, though! We recognize and appreciate the fans who are patient with us. We know you're out there, but it's always nice to chat.

ArborElf

Jan 20, 2018
He hasn't outed himself as a troll, just as someone upset with being made to wait. Which, if he cares as much about the project as he seems to, is a perfectly reasonable reaction. The team gets frustrated when things take longer than we want them to, too.

I rather dislike misinformation, though. And I try to be active in the communities I'm a part of, so I don't mind sharing missing context when it's appropriate.

Thanks for the sentiment, though! We recognize and appreciate the fans who are patient with us. We know you're out there, but it's always nice to chat.
yhea its true im not trolling and after reading all you guys posted yhea i of course would like to have more updates of the games id really liked it the project since the begining i also backed it up, but my opinion as you say so also counts because there are people out like me that stoped backing the project after so many delays, im sure you guys know that the cuality of the renders its incredible, but the time to make as you say just 76 renders for the update, and also deliver a extremly buggy game its hard to counter just with nice cuality.

Maybe you guys started as an small and indie game company thats good and keep the nice work going just hire as id already suggest so a MARKETING DIRECTOR or some one who can really help you guys with your WORK SCHEDULE because as you post on your image even if its on 51% close to the goal look how much you guys had been out there, we are 5 month till your 2nd anniversary atleast from this page, also i can state that it took you days to reply something that you guys could take care for the next day so it only proof that you dont have eny kind of COMMUNITY MANAGER or know how to do it, it will also be reflected on the back up of the project as id already said all this would be reflected in there, you can take my opinion and do something to try to keep this market share inside your community to get some revenue or you guys cant let us go and loose it, its all up to you because at the end of the day its your project, game, goblin adventure or what ever name you wanna put on it.

Im not here to fix your problems or do something about it because im not a part of the team im just a member of the community, backer, supporter i can try to give some kind of advice on my critic but as id already stated so is all up to you guys to do something about it or just dont, as Impalord stated "these are hobby" well i think hes kinda wrong in there because id already seen to many company go out of these so called "Hobby Projects" and that makes it a thing for living not just a hobby so id really hope that this help you guys to get into those shoes and get a very succesfull company, or if you guys are going to be doing this game as just a "hobby" please let us know.

and as i was meaning of 'wrong direction' and 'lack of compromise' i can explain
Lack of compromise: when the project gets a delay that does very normally you guys dont really explain what happened or something you tipically post something like this " we are sorry but we had some issues delivering the last update so we are going to try to make it fast as posible" and post stuff like that very often ¿how much do you think you community can take just those answaers when they are pleding to support the game with out loosing them?

Wrong direction: i maybe made a misunderstanding in this one but if you guys are focusing on the revenue to improve the company then i may not, because the numbers speak by themselves they should be rising more insted of playing just the low ball, you can show the 51% image, but when we go to your subcribe page its only on the 35% even if you compare it just to patreon the goals are just not getting archiving because you are loosing community.

i can type and type to many more points but im not here for that so id hope you guys get better.

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
Thanks for taking the time to respond! Splitting this up into chunks so it's easier to respond to the different points.

yhea its true im not trolling and after reading all you guys posted yhea i of course would like to have more updates of the games id really liked it the project since the begining i also backed it up, but my opinion as you say so also counts because there are people out like me that stoped backing the project after so many delays, im sure you guys know that the cuality of the renders its incredible, but the time to make as you say just 76 renders for the update, and also deliver a extremly buggy game its hard to counter just with nice cuality.
I can definitely understand the sentiment. Believe it or not, I hear more about "how much is done?" within the team than I do outside of the team. As far as bugs go, that is one of the most common causes for delays. The specific reasons aren't always interesting or easy to explain, which is why it's simplified. Since I've taken over programming for the project, one of my main points of focus is on reducing bugs, but it's a slow, tedious process.

Maybe you guys started as an small and indie game company thats good and keep the nice work going just hire as id already suggest so a MARKETING DIRECTOR or some one who can really help you guys with your WORK SCHEDULE because as you post on your image even if its on 51% close to the goal look how much you guys had been out there, we are 5 month till your 2nd anniversary atleast from this page, also i can state that it took you days to reply something that you guys could take care for the next day so it only proof that you dont have eny kind of COMMUNITY MANAGER or know how to do it, it will also be reflected on the back up of the project as id already said all this would be reflected in there, you can take my opinion and do something to try to keep this market share inside your community to get some revenue or you guys cant let us go and loose it, its all up to you because at the end of the day its your project, game, goblin adventure or what ever name you wanna put on it.

Im not here to fix your problems or do something about it because im not a part of the team im just a member of the community, backer, supporter i can try to give some kind of advice on my critic but as id already stated so is all up to you guys to do something about it or just dont, as Impalord stated "these are hobby" well i think hes kinda wrong in there because id already seen to many company go out of these so called "Hobby Projects" and that makes it a thing for living not just a hobby so id really hope that this help you guys to get into those shoes and get a very succesfull company, or if you guys are going to be doing this game as just a "hobby" please let us know.
MaD_Rabbit_Works is three people, including myself. Without sharing a bunch of unnecessary details, the short answer is that none of us can afford to hire someone that isn't working directly on the project. While I'm sure hiring more people would be helpful, it simply isn't an option.

I'm not asking you to fix our problems, only clarify your feedback; which you've done and I thank you for that. That said, Impalord does still have a point. The vast majority of the games on this site are made by a single person or small team a few hours at a time after work or on the weekends. We don't consider this project a hobby, but that is still at least partially true for us - we are ultimately still very small and have limited time and resources.

Though to put some of these concerns to rest, we'd taken the time to discuss some of what you mention weeks ago. Those discussions led to this release going out to supporters now instead of November, or potentially December. The difference may not be stark or immediate, but we're taking steps and making progress.

and as i was meaning of 'wrong direction' and 'lack of compromise' i can explain
Lack of compromise: when the project gets a delay that does very normally you guys dont really explain what happened or something you tipically post something like this " we are sorry but we had some issues delivering the last update so we are going to try to make it fast as posible" and post stuff like that very often ¿how much do you think you community can take just those answaers when they are pleding to support the game with out loosing them?

Wrong direction: i maybe made a misunderstanding in this one but if you guys are focusing on the revenue to improve the company then i may not, because the numbers speak by themselves they should be rising more insted of playing just the low ball, you can show the 51% image, but when we go to your subcribe page its only on the 35% even if you compare it just to patreon the goals are just not getting archiving because you are loosing community.

i can type and type to many more points but im not here for that so id hope you guys get better.
I can definitely take that feedback to the team. We can try to better explain why a delay has occurred when they happen, rather than simply stating that a delay has occurred. Our goal is to avoid such delays altogether, but improving communication is something else we've already discussed.

As for the revenue - I'm only speaking for myself here, but while the money is important, it isn't my main goal. The money this project (and all of my projects, for that matter) earns is a means to an end; that end being putting out the best product I can. I'm extremely grateful for any and all support I receive, both financial and not, but quality comes first.

Reactions: ArborElf

Milchoholiker

Game Developer
Aug 23, 2018

I myself look here in this forum only every few days. If there is an urgent message, feel free to write to Discord, you will get an answer much faster there. I'm often online there.

This project is just a hobby at the moment. because the large number of supporters will stay away, it will probably stay that way. I myself work 12-hour shifts and just don't have the time to watch all the forums, you must be aware of that. I know that things don't always go perfectly. But you also have to understand that all of us have private lives and I'm not going to post out every time something happens.

If you care about this project, try to help and don't rub salt in the wound. I'm open to suggestions on how to do it better. I know that unfortunately we often had to postpone the dates, but we continue to work faithfully. And we also have loyal supporters who stay with us and don't run away with every delay. We also want to do more updates with more in game changes and less CGs. So we hope to get more regularity in this way.

3.20 star(s) 20 Votes