juice2000

Jun 2, 2017
It doesn't to me, however, making a simple observation here, these types of games usually remain stagnant for obvious reasons. It's important to me to not spread yourself too thin especially if you're a solo act and don't have a whole team behind you.
I get that and i share the frustration when the updates take to long or said path gets to little but from the thousands of games ive played here, the best ones are the ones where the dev just has done what he envisioned. Eventually these games quite often become good if supported because the dev keeps the desire and more than not sees it through gaining experience along the way, compared to the dev that goes and changes his plan over and over and then loses interest. Rather than critisize it on the first release, play and encourage if you enjoy it otherwise move on.

Not forgetting the amount self entitled complaining on here the last few months is just pathetic especially when were talking about something most are getting for free.

menatv

Dec 6, 2019
I can only speak for myself. I support many a developer through Patreon (and other avenues). Nine times out of ten, I find out about their project on here. And I would have never found out about them to support them otherwise.

Yes piracy sucks and stuff. But exposure to a game can also get people to like and support it as well.

CamaroFan432

Mar 13, 2020
I am well aware of that, now read this and think about it.

View attachment 3018798
Well, that's obviously a single dev, that thinks like this, out of a few thousands. You could probably even find a single dev, that will say the complete opposite and one who has an opinion somewhere in between. But let me say to you, that those comments are just a POV of those devs. I'm someone, who was willing to support in any way I can, which was for the last 2.5 years only by spreading the word, from the next month onwards I'm finally be able again to support financially as well. But I won't spread the word about a dev or his game or pledge to it, if I know, that he is more focused on anti-piracy plans and making money than on taking the feedback, positiv AND negative, and using it, to give the players/supporters a better and longer experience. We're working for our money as well.

And I have to agree with one comment here, Agent Horny has not a lot content with only around 2.6k renders. Other games like Grandma's House get updates roughly every 2 weeks with around 500 renders each time. That means, that this game got the same amount of content in 2.5 months as Agent Horny got in over a year. That is also a factor, that gets reflected in the amount of support people are willing to give. And the given example is no single case, sure some take more time than others, depending of a lot of circumstances, but it's still a fact that quality AND quantity get's paid more. Then there is an additional factor: In the real world, a company, be it a single person or a big company, gets paid for a finished product, not something still in development, this goes for novels as well, which maybe cost $20 for a normal version or $30 for something like a collectors or illustrated version in a bookstore. You, as a dev of digital novels, get paid in advance a much higher amount of money during the development. The supporters don't have any guarantee, that you will finish your work at all. And taking this into account, you're asking for even more? How disillusioned do you have to be to think, that people or even potential supporters wouldn't call you out for this practice? This is money-grabbing 101. You should be happy, that people are willing at all, to crowd fund you, so you're be able to do this, because that's not a given. Think about this.

Mar 18, 2021
Well, that's obviously a single dev, that thinks like this, out of a few thousands. You could probably even find a single dev, that will say the complete opposite and one who has an opinion somewhere in between. But let me say to you, that those comments are just a POV of those devs. I'm someone, who was willing to support in any way I can, which was for the last 2.5 years only by spreading the word, from the next month onwards I'm finally be able again to support financially as well. But I won't spread the word about a dev or his game or pledge to it, if I know, that he is more focused on anti-piracy plans and making money than on taking the feedback, positiv AND negative, and using it, to give the players/supporters a better and longer experience. We're working for our money as well.

And I have to agree with one comment here, Agent Horny has not a lot content with only around 2.6k renders. Other games like Grandma's House get updates roughly every 2 weeks with around 500 renders each time. That means, that this game got the same amount of content in 2.5 months as Agent Horny got in over a year. That is also a factor, that gets reflected in the amount of support people are willing to give. And the given example is no single case, sure some take more time than others, depending of a lot of circumstances, but it's still a fact that quality AND quantity get's paid more. Then there is an additional factor: In the real world, a company, be it a single person or a big company, gets paid for a finished product, not something still in development, this goes for novels as well, which maybe cost $20 for a normal version or $30 for something like a collectors or illustrated version in a bookstore. You, as a dev of digital novels, get paid in advance a much higher amount of money during the development. The supporters don't have any guarantee, that you will finish your work at all. And taking this into account, you're asking for even more? How disillusioned do you have to be to think, that people or even potential supporters wouldn't call you out for this practice? This is money-grabbing 101. You should be happy, that people are willing at all, to crowd fund you, so you're be able to do this, because that's not a given. Think about this.
Oh yes, compare my game to a game by a developer who most likely works full time on his game and makes multiple times more money than me, and expect me to make similar content. Most devs are doing this part-time, and most are making similar amounts of content as me. I am obviously not counting developers with more than 500 patreons; we are not even on the same playing field. They work full time, have a lot better hardware, and obviously have more experience. Let alone those devs with tens of thousands of patrons.

Most developers sadly are not making enough money for the work they do. I am in the 12.8% group and this is nothing for the money (assets and hardware) and time I have spent on making my games.

The rough numbers are those: (the data is from an older thread, now there are even more devs but the ratios are the same)

1697786961240.png

Last month I spent 3K$ on a PC with RTX 4090... and you can see how much I make from Patreon a month. If my primary focus was "money making" I was not going to be making an AVN :LUL: . And yes, I have the full right to implement whatever anti-piracy measures I consider necessary to slow down leaks or even make them impossible for certain types of content.

Most of the feedback in F95 is from either people who hate or love what I make. And the negative feedback usually comes from people who have different preferences for fetishes or styles of games and they try to steer the game in the direction they want... in other words, most of it is pretty useless. I said what I wanted to say; I am not coming back and reading further comments. Have fun.

Last edited:

CamaroFan432

Mar 13, 2020
Oh yes, compare my game to a game by a developer who most likely works full time on his game and makes multiple times more money than me, and expect me to make similar content. Most devs are doing this part-time, and most are making similar amounts of content as me. I am obviously not counting developers with more than 500 patreons; we are not even on the same playing field. They work full time, have a lot better hardware, and obviously have more experience. Let alone those devs with tens of thousands of patrons.

Most developers sadly are not making enough money for the work they do. I am in the 12.8% group and this is nothing for the money (assets and hardware) and time I have spent on making my games.

The rough numbers are those: (the data is from an older thread, now there are even more devs but the ratios are the same)

View attachment 3019361

Last month I spent 3K$ on a PC with RTX 4090... and you can see how much I make from Patreon a month. If my primary focus was "money making" I was not going to be making an AVN :LUL: . And yes, I have the full right to implement whatever anti-piracy measures I consider necessary to slow down leaks or even make them impossible for certain types of content.

Most of the feedback in F95 is from either people who hate or love what I make. And the negative feedback usually comes from people who have different preferences for fetishes or styles of games and they try to steer the game in the direction they want... in other words, most of it is pretty useless. I said what I wanted to say; I am not coming back and reading further comments. Have fun.
Ask yourself, why do those dev make more money than you and why they're able to work full time on these games. Blaming only piracy for not making enough money is pushing the responsibility from yourself to others, and that tells me, you don't want to see your flawed logic and blame only everyone else. You're either entitled or blind.

Neterozoid

May 17, 2023
Nahh,HARD PASS,this is the kinda money grabbing devs,locking content behind patreon so early,even in demo u can only barely get past the intro for both paths,i get wanting to profit but damnmmmnnn,not my taste i guess,if u got money n wanna support the guy be my guest,me,i'll just stick to my free h-games,wish u the best of luck dev

Reactions: jerry57 and MixQQ

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Ask yourself, why do those dev make more money than you and why they're able to work full time on these games. Blaming only piracy for not making enough money is pushing the responsibility from yourself to others, and that tells me, you don't want to see your flawed logic and blame only everyone else. You're either entitled or blind.
I agree. I don't think many games, if even any, fail due to piracy. Yes, not every good game catches on, but basically all games get pirated, so by that logic, all games should fail. Instead, we have many where the dev earns enough to live and quite a number where the dev really earns a nice, hefty check each month.

Sure, piracy can also hurt a project, but let's be real, not many people who pirate games would be willing or able to support all the games they pirate.
And on the other hand, so many people learn about interesting games here on these boards and then pick those they want to and can support.
Hell, I am poor as shit, but even I do support a few games with a bit of money and I got them all from here. Many even started here in the first place.

Some devs will tell you that they don't get their traffic from here, but that's not really that convincing, how many of us use VPNs or restrict information and cookies as much as possible? And people don't need to go directly to patreon from here, they might even wait a few days or check out some other sites before that and whoops already no trace would lead back to the site, even though they learned about the game here.

Steinchen

Mar 3, 2017
well i have to be honest,
i have gained a lot of games to play from this forum,but i have found a bunch of gems through this forum that i am suporting now and a few of them for few years now.
and all of them that i support now i have found through this forum.
and quite a few of them got known and got a good amount of supporters because they got known through this forum.

just saying :)

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
Nahh,HARD PASS,this is the kinda money grabbing devs,locking content behind patreon so early,even in demo u can only barely get past the intro for both paths,i get wanting to profit but damnmmmnnn,not my taste i guess,if u got money n wanna support the guy be my guest,me,i'll just stick to my free h-games,wish u the best of luck dev
100% agreed I was gonna check out this game and his other one but after seeing his scummy practices for this game makes me not even want to download his main game as there is no guarantee he wont pull the same scummy BS here.

Eonor

Sep 9, 2017
Made a compressed Android port of The Lewd Deal v1.0.

Got some basic gestures loaded in: swipe up for save menu, swipe down to hide UI, swipe left to rollback and swipe right to skip. Save files are now stored in the Documents folder. This sometimes means that you may need to close and re-open the port after installing so the save folder is properly created.

Please let me know if you encounter any issues with the port and I'll see what I can do to get them sorted.

Links: -

Dec 7, 2020
Not trying to support some of the poor takes on here but I do seem to be one of the statistical outliers to the devs research. First, this is basically the only place I look for games to try, if there isn't an interesting demo or full game here for me to try I am not getting invested. Second while I do obviously have limited money, there are several games I have found on this site that I have been supporting monetarily and otherwise for years now. It is fair to say though, that if a game is average or doesn't have particular things I want to see more of, or just already has "enough" support I choose to allocate my limited resources elsewhere (I haven't actually played wildlife, but their patreon has some very impressive numbers, my money wouldn't make much difference). Third, I hold no ill will to the dev, they have the right to make money on their hard work, however, I have now learned to expect not to be downloading a full game when coming here (in this case the demo felt like a waste of time) so now my learned behavior is to spend my time downloading and trying other games instead. Good luck to the dev!

Osider

RedHead
Donor
Sep 23, 2019
I have to say same here

i tried it without reading and god it was awfull the story is horrible (like she admit illegal thing to somone she don't know like 3 minutes after metting him.

And he hide this "monstruosity" behind a paywall maybe a way to make people pay to be disapointed in 6 month (or not having anything and have a game labelled as "abandonned")