VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Lust Within [v0.1.0] [TLW]

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes

Krenanrian

Nov 2, 2017
I'm not a fan of female MC in these kind of games, but this intro has changed my mind a little bit. Dialogues and the backgrounds are great.

Led

Jul 16, 2017
Wait, guys actually play erotic games with male MC!? OMG it sounds so gay! :rolleyes:
Sorry for the sarcarm, but couldn´t resist such awesome feedbacks.

Anyway, a really impressive intro; the flow of dialogues and images are very well done, and the animated backgrounds too. Oh, and I have fallen in love with Emma. . .
Yeah, I can't resist your awesome feedback, either, apparently. I don't like games in which the MC is a female. I don't see how that makes it gay. You're gay if you like to pretend to be a female who gets banged by dudes. Or is that just me? lmao

SSkyfire

Aug 8, 2017
Yeah, I can't resist your awesome feedback, either, apparently. I don't like games in which the MC is a female. I don't see how that makes it gay. You're gay if you like to pretend to be a female who gets banged by dudes. Or is that just me? lmao
Why would you assume that just because we're playing as a girl means we want to bang guys? You just can't get guys out of your head, can you?

But kidding aside, let's just take a moment to appreciate a project that's not a half-assed 3D incest game.

Reactions: Asuminoya

Led

Jul 16, 2017
Why would you assume that just because we're playing as a girl means we want to bang guys? You just can't get guys out of your head, can you?

But kidding aside, let's just take a moment to appreciate a project that's not a half-assed 3D incest game.
Cut the bs, SSkyfire. Idc if you prefer playing being a female. I don't and that's the end of it.

doidera

Jun 11, 2017
I agree with the SSkyfire.
It's kind of weird the guy wants to see a 'dick' right in the foreground on the game screen.
When I play this, the last thing I want to see is the *enis of the guy, right there in front of the screen.

I'd rather play with a MC female and bang other girls.

And the girls in this game are beautiful. I hope there is no compulsory sex with other guys in the following chapters.

Balub

Aug 13, 2017
So, I played the first version and, as expected, it was short. Not really sure what this game will be about and which mechanics it'll have, this was more of a trailer since the main game seems to play in the normal world?
Now, the plot isn't something we've seen time before in this kind of game, that's why I'm curious what the actual gameplay will look like.
That said the graphics were nice and the dark-forest atmosphere was something new. I'll also always prefer Ren'Py over any other engine for these games.
Will definitely keep an eye on this one, but it's far too early to give something like a review.

XJ347

Sep 19, 2017
sadly same, never played with fem protagonist,kinda weird :)
Well I suggest you should experience role-playing. I play DND, and early on I played characters that were extensions of myself. As time grew on, I expanded to characters that were nothing like me, and then tried some female characters. It's way more rewarding to play things that aren't yourself.

As for a female protagonist, I generally don't like their games because they often are written poorly. The creator makes the women do things that real women would never do and it makes the game have no immersion. Saying that, when things go right I enjoy them significantly more than male focused games. My current favorite is Good Girl Gone Bad, with The Coceter Chronicles a close second. It just feels a little more deep to me when the females are more than just fuck dolls, but feel like actual characters. True, games with male protagonists can have immersive characters but I find that the women are less fleshed out.

yourdesire8

Jul 1, 2017
Well I suggest you should experience role-playing. I play DND, and early on I played characters that were extensions of myself. As time grew on, I expanded to characters that were nothing like me, and then tried some female characters. It's way more rewarding to play things that aren't yourself.

As for a female protagonist, I generally don't like their games because they often are written poorly. The creator makes the women do things that real women would never do and it makes the game have no immersion. Saying that, when things go right I enjoy them significantly more than male focused games. My current favorite is Good Girl Gone Bad, with The Coceter Chronicles a close second. It just feels a little more deep to me when the females are more than just fuck dolls, but feel like actual characters. True, games with male protagonists can have immersive characters but I find that the women are less fleshed out.
The truth is most of fem protagonist, the female just gets raped and corrupted, i know lot of people love that but not for me and probably some of us here. Yeah i agree, i played coceter chronicles and it was pretty good, i'll give the good girl gone bad a try,but hopefully no rape or drugs etc :p. If you want good "cg" check Melty's quest *

Stakos

Jun 24, 2017
That's a really nice start. The only thing that puzzles me is the transformation tag, I don't like that stuff but I'll give it a try anyway cause the artwork and the writing seem very promising. I'm anticipating a lot of screwing around but the premise of the game won't allow the usual "make a stupid decision so you can see the sex scene". At least I hope so...

Asuminoya

Jul 22, 2017
Looks very promising so far!
It's been a long time since I've felt so immersed into a demo, especially impressive considering how short it was.
I loved the background artwork, as well as the animation built into it. Really made up a good atmosphere.
The character artwork was good too, Emma being my favorite.

Female protagonist is a good choice in my opinion. Usually makes the character more fleshed out as others say.
From personal experience, male MCs often feel quite bland and uninteresting.
Also, it gives the player more of a choice whether they want to enjoy straight or lesbian content.

The_Lust_Within

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2017
Hey guys,

I'm going to try and answer a couple of questions/concerns, so wall of text incoming :)

@The_Lust_Within are you planing monthly updates for the game?
Though I would like to promise monthly updates, it's probably not realistic at this time.
Maybe in the future if I streamline/automate/outsource some of the game dev processes or if I could dedicate more time to this game I would be able to achieve this.

I can choose who i will have sex and fall in love or i need to have obligatory sex scenes with some character to make some progress in this game?
Like i can be full lesbian or full straith?
And the girls in this game are beautiful. I hope there is no compulsory sex with other guys in the following chapters.
Some sex scenes will be mandatory, but those will more likely not include some of the more divisive fetishes (further explained at the bottom of this post)

Is there any nudity in this? If so @The_Lust_Within could you post some screencaps of it? Thanks.
Chapter I contains one masturbation scene with a brief part containing actual nudity. Future updates will provide more adult content, since the first chapter was focused more on introducing the story.

I've added some screenshots of the scene:
The Lust Within 11.12.2017 19_18_31.png The Lust Within 11.12.2017 19_19_12.png The Lust Within 11.12.2017 19_20_04.png The Lust Within 11.12.2017 19_20_26.png The Lust Within 11.12.2017 19_20_43.png

The only thing that puzzles me is the transformation tag
The idea is to have a succubus/demon transformation of the MC, but this is something more long term that will happen gradually.
For the more near term, the main character will be able to take control of other people's bodies (male and female), not sure if transformation is the most accurate description of this.

---------------------------

The Lust Within, fetsihes, and you (or why it's not gay to play a female MC :p)

Joking aside, I understand that playing a female MC is not something all people are comfortable with, more specifically having sex scenes with a man be mandatory while playing a female character.

The direction in which I would like to take the game will hopefully alleviate this concern somewhat:
  • The story will follow two main threads, one where the main character inhibits the female body you got to know in chapter I, while the other will have the MC take control or share experiences of another character (including male)
  • While in control of a male character sex scenes with other female characters will not pose any problems (thus there will be some that will be mandatory)
  • When playing as the female MC, sex scenes with male characters will be possible, but optional (i.e. skippable)
    • This will apply to some of the other more divisive fetishes (e.g. futanari, if added).
    • One of my concerns with this approach is that it risks diluting the content if every other sex scene will be optional (so probably not a lot of these will be added, we'll see)

---------------------------

Thank you, and keep the feedback coming.

Last edited:
4.50 star(s) 2 Votes