RPGM Completed The Mercenary's Adventure [v3.004] [Takamakuran]

4.50 star(s) 34 Votes

CrayonColor

Aug 4, 2018
I'm sorta early in the game, more or less following the guide and helped the cleric beat the zombies and then getting told to go to forest 2 I think.
Wanted to ask when exactly the Thief 2 event happens? Do I just walk around near the brothel(south) in downtown for a while and hope for an event to happen?
Also going to the Brooks area isn't triggering an event for me despite the guide mentioning it.
Are these events supposed to happen later or did I somehow miss the trigger?

Beyo

Sep 6, 2017
I'm sorta early in the game, more or less following the guide and helped the cleric beat the zombies and then getting told to go to forest 2 I think.
Wanted to ask when exactly the Thief 2 event happens? Do I just walk around near the brothel(south) in downtown for a while and hope for an event to happen?
Also going to the Brooks area isn't triggering an event for me despite the guide mentioning it.
Are these events supposed to happen later or did I somehow miss the trigger?
Without going too deep into spoilers, the second thief event will not trigger until much later in the game. If it feels like you're finally heading toward the direction of the final boss battle, then that's when you'll know. As for the Brook event, I'm guessing you're referring to the event after the sewer boss. For that one, it's actually possible to miss it. I've done it on my second playthrough, but I've no idea how to replicate it. My guess is that you need one or two things: 1.) You open the secret cave entrance after grinding enough in the Badlands, and/or 2.) You choose to "wait" before confronting the sewer devil instead of attacking right away. Like I said, I don't know how to replicate the exact requirements, but I think number one is the only needed requirement.

CrayonColor

Aug 4, 2018
I opened the cave in badlands a long time before doing the zombie quest(strongly remember an abnormal spike in difficulty) and waited at the sewer boss(got scolded by the demon) so... oops.
Oh well, guess missing one event isn't as bad as missing both. Thanks for clearing that up.

Sinicero

Jan 3, 2019
Some guy already noting the crashing, im just here to report the game crash like crazy to me, not to the point of unplayable, but around 1 or 2 per 30 mins. Auto save after battle help alot.

Reactions: aattss

FancyDan

Feb 28, 2018
I found changing the first file name helps with the crashes. If your on winrar, extract it in Japanese, click options -> 932, then change the japanese name file to whatever might help.

wahbast

Feb 11, 2020
Exploring the deep forrest area mid-game I've been able to find yet another heat infusion gem accessory, this one with the letter gamma, making three gems with the alpha, from the city's store, beta, from the southern village, and finally this one.
They don't seem different, tough that I understand that thanks to the fact they are unique between each other you could theorically stack them, but I doubt 4 turns of heat infusion is worth the sheer stat loss of not having three accessories that gives flat stat boosts equiped (therefore I will not test, but going on a crackpot theory, maybe there is a hidden bonus if you stack them?).

For its location you need to find a secret passage in the deep forrest, like the secret passage that leads to the dog in the early game, you can find it because among the trees there is a small black square where there should be tree, go down to it from above, then go to your left from there to yet another secret passage where you will find an open are with a bright red flower in the middle, that's the accessory.

There is also a way easier to find secret passage in the same area that leads to two chests, one containing 300 gold and the other with something of 200 or 400, I forgot.

Edit: Found yet another secret, after the deep forrest you'll go to a new mountain area, and will fight a bird boss, there will be a bridge, and you will pass through a scene where you feel uneasy about the path fowards, around the region where that happens there will be a secret path marked by dried brambles, marked bellow. going down it to the very bottom reveals a small cave, that's visible fomr the entrance of the mountain but seemingly innaccessible, enter it and you will find a new accessory, Infusion Crit Amp, that gives you crit infusion automatically when you use either of Devil's elemental infusions.
secret 2.PNG
Also, questions regarding NG+ (update, got them answered by myself):
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Beyo

Beyo

Sep 6, 2017
Exploring the deep forrest area mid-game I've been able to find yet another heat infusion gem accessory, this one with the letter gamma, making three gems with the alpha, from the city's store, beta, from the southern village, and finally this one.
They don't seem different, tough that I understand that thanks to the fact they are unique between each other you could theorically stack them, but I doubt 4 turns of heat infusion is worth the sheer stat loss of not having three accessories that gives flat stat boosts equiped (therefore I will not test, but going on a crackpot theory, maybe there is a hidden bonus if you stack them?).

For its location you need to find a secret passage in the deep forrest, like the secret passage that leads to the dog in the early game, you can find it because among the trees there is a small black square where there should be tree, go down to it from above, then go to your left from there to yet another secret passage where you will find an open are with a bright red flower in the middle, that's the accessory.

There is also a way easier to find secret passage in the same area that leads to two chests, one containing 300 gold and the other with something of 200 or 400, I forgot.

Edit: Found yet another secret, after the deep forrest you'll go to a new mountain area, and will fight a bird boss, there will be a bridge, and you will pass through a scene where you feel uneasy about the path fowards, around the region where that happens there will be a secret path marked by dried brambles, marked bellow. going down it to the very bottom reveals a small cave, that's visible fomr the entrance of the mountain but seemingly innaccessible, enter it and you will find a new accessory, Infusion Crit Amp, that gives you crit infusion automatically when you use either of Devil's elemental infusions.
View attachment 1094712
Also, questions regarding NG+ (update, got them answered by myself):
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Nice good first post.

Reactions: wahbast

monkgi

Sep 25, 2017
Does this game have a gallery? I know you can go and rewatch most scenes just by talking to the npc, but there are some that I can't rewatch because they were time sensitive events (ie. the pontiff's two aides.)

Beyo

Sep 6, 2017
Does this game have a gallery? I know you can go and rewatch most scenes just by talking to the npc, but there are some that I can't rewatch because they were time sensitive events (ie. the pontiff's two aides.)
Gallery mode is only available as a menu option called "Erotica" Unfortunately, you'll have to start a new game and experience these missable events. Thankfully new game plus is an option.

monkgi

Sep 25, 2017
Gallery mode is only available as a menu option called "Erotica" Unfortunately, you'll have to start a new game and experience these missable events. Thankfully new game plus is an option.
Thanks. I was already at the epilogue when I realized there was a scene for them and it was too late to get it. Not gonna lie, I feel really stupid about the Erotica in the menu. I've never actually opened it. I'm not used to RPGM games that have custom menus with the gallery there. I'm more used to interacting with an object in the game that transfers you to the recollection room, or something. Basically, I always saw it, but it never registered in my brain that it was a thing.

Reactions: Beyo

Beyo

Sep 6, 2017
Thanks. I was already at the epilogue when I realized there was a scene for them and it was too late to get it. Not gonna lie, I feel really stupid about the Erotica in the menu. I've never actually opened it. I'm not used to RPGM games that have custom menus with the gallery there. I'm more used to interacting with an object in the game that transfers you to the recollection room, or something. Basically, I always saw it, but it never registered in my brain that it was a thing.
It's okay lol. I've done similar things with other games. If anything, this is more funny than stupid for me.

Beyo

Sep 6, 2017
How do I get googles? Also I have no clues were the amazing ores are.
Goggles is a recruitable character after beating the final boss. You can find her in the Adventurer's Guild. As for amazing ores, you can find three iirc. There's one inside a chest within the cave maze before the final boss. The other two can be found after beating the ice side-boss on the island - one is in the chest and the other can be found by examining one of the crystals.

4.50 star(s) 34 Votes