RPGM Completed The Mercenary's Adventure [v3.004] [Takamakuran]

4.50 star(s) 34 Votes
Jan 15, 2021
Am I the only one who is a bit disappointed by this title? My]R and New Project were much more interesting in my opinion. Mercenary adventure just seems so extremely generic to me. You're just a dude, who kills a couple of angels.

Reactions: Yamemai and Beyo
Jan 4, 2020
Am I the only one who is a bit disappointed by this title? My]R and New Project were much more interesting in my opinion. Mercenary adventure just seems so extremely generic to me. You're just a dude, who kills a couple of angels.
No, I feel the same.Though it's a nice game it's lacking the meta-weirdness the previous titles had. In the first 15minutes i was expecting Merc's Adventure to be linked to New Project in some way but that doesn't seem to be the case.
I'm still hoping that someone finds a whole new section of the game or new things in a playthrough after the first (new game+++ etc.).

Things that are still a mysterie so far: the huge scythes from the bug boss, the dream pavilion and the cave entrance behind the hidden path (south eastern part of the island).

Reactions: Yamemai and Beyo

Beyo

Sep 6, 2017
I can share your opinion with New Project, but not with MY]R.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The Mercenary's Adventure was short in comparison, but I don't think the story and its characters overstayed their welcome. Right now the game doesn't feel complete, so I'm hoping for more updates.

Reactions: PlantAssAppreciator

Dollanon

Aug 2, 2020
Been playing through this game because the art style reminded me of Black Souls, and it's been quite fun. Evil really reminds me of Leaf too, and I'm sure I'm not the only to think that. By the way, does the Thief show up again? I haven't been able to find her.

Jan 15, 2021
Been playing through this game because the art style reminded me of Black Souls, and it's been quite fun. Evil really reminds me of Leaf too, and I'm sure I'm not the only to think that. By the way, does the Thief show up again? I haven't been able to find her.
How do you get that impression? Leaf is more of a narcissistic nihilist that tortures Grim just for the heck of it. Evil is more like a very, very clumsy Succubus and the MCs emergency Onahole.
You find the Thief later on, if you freed her. Walk around in Downtown at Night. She's going to pickpocket you.

Dollanon

Aug 2, 2020
How do you get that impression? Leaf is more of a narcissistic nihilist that tortures Grim just for the heck of it. Evil is more like a very, very clumsy Succubus and the MCs emergency Onahole.
You find the Thief later on, if you freed her. Walk around in Downtown at Night. She's going to pickpocket you.
Fair points, these are still my early impressions. At least superficially, they bear some resemblance. And thanks, that makes sense.

Jan 4, 2020
Later on in the game you can manually put the time to night. Do that in downtown and wander the lower area. A scene will play.

Dollanon

Aug 2, 2020
I ran into an issue, and I'm not sure if it's a bug or I'm being dumb. I beat the warrior at the top of Forest 1, but when I tried to move forward, it said "I have no reason to go deeper in the forest" even though that's where I'm supposed to be heading to continue the main quest?

Dollanon

Aug 2, 2020
Never mind, I am dumb. Apparently, I must've reloaded my save at some point and forgot to talk to the wizard again to open up that option.

Mar 12, 2018
Did the solution proposed above not work for you?
I set the compatibility for windows 7, the game still freezes and crashes. Strange.
upd. Fuuuuck, it just crashed after a boss fight and because there's a cutscene immediately after, there was no quicksave created. It sucks, fortunately, the fight is easy enough.

Last edited:

taros

Mar 13, 2018
Things that are still a mysterie so far: the huge scythes from the bug boss, the dream pavilion and the cave entrance behind the hidden path (south eastern part of the island).
How do you get to this hidden cave? I know about the hidden path that takes you down the cliff to the beach, but I didn't see any cave there.

Jan 4, 2020
When you are at that beach head east until you hit a wall. There is a space where you can move through it.
Check for yourself but i couldn't find anything of importance there. It really bugs me because you can even move onto the water infront of the entrance.

Reactions: He-man96. and taros

Beyo

Sep 6, 2017
You know what's really fringe horror to think about? The fact that it's not out of the question that the slime girl Heelin ate a human girl in order to gain her human form.

Jan 4, 2020
You know what's really fringe horror to think about? The fact that it's not out of the question that the slime girl Heelin ate a human girl in order to gain her human form.
There is no evidence what so ever for that.
...but i would love that to be the case. Adds some spice.

Yamemai

Nov 1, 2017
look at the second page, there is a fairly complete guide to give you everything that this game can offer you ;)
guys after you defeat the sorcerers what can you do ? i read about a black slime quest, how do you find the quest or this black slime ?
Think you mean 3rd. The only 'guide' on the 2nd is mine, that I didn't bother to finish because there was another (imo, better/less wordy) while I was going about playing/writing.

Ps. Personally, think there's a way to save the slave from being eaten by the black slime, but no clue. -- If you decrypt the game, there's an image of her blushing and her eyes aren't vacant.
Ps2. The 3rd page walkthrough/guide could use some work too; like their suggestion for the boss battle. There are some equips that auto-casts, at start of battle, some of the skills, like the battle formation they suggest for turn start. Pair it with the equip that allows you to change equipment during the fighting (No turn loss). Another good equip is one that gives you charges each turn, and allows you to charge, to increase how much damage you do. Real helpful that.

Last edited:

Beyo

Sep 6, 2017
Think you mean 3rd. The only 'guide' on the 2nd is mine, that I didn't bother to finish because there was another (imo, better/less wordy) while I was going about playing/writing.

Ps. Personally, think there's a way to save the slave from being eaten by the black slime, but no clue. -- If you decrypt the game, there's an image of her blushing and her eyes aren't vacant.
Ps2. The 3rd page walkthrough/guide could use some work too; like their suggestion for the boss battle. There are some equips that auto-casts, at start of battle, some of the skills, like the battle formation they suggest for turn start. Pair it with the equip that allows you to change equipment during the fighting (No turn loss). Another good equip is one that gives you charges each turn, and allows you to charge, to increase how much damage you do. Real helpful that.
Not just that, but the Mercenary is actually the strongest DPS character. Once he's buffed with Crit, Heat, Chill, Wind, Weight, and reaches full charge, he gains a two-turn buff to deal incredible damage. It's real fun when he uses the first turn to counter while protecting, and then his next turn is spent smashing. You can even buff him again for more damage during those two turns. If someone else didn't point this out, I wouldn't have learned about it.

Reactions: Yamemai

kiava

Oct 2, 2017
damn neo slime is very hard, i have to come back when i have more levels

Last edited:
4.50 star(s) 34 Votes