RPGM Completed The Mercenary's Adventure [v3.004] [Takamakuran]

4.50 star(s) 34 Votes

Beyo

Sep 6, 2017
Great game. I'll have to remember to support takamakuran for his later projects. There's something appealing about all his games, and the recent two just stand out from many other titles. Honestly, I thought "The Mercenary's Adventure" would have some relation to "A New Game," but sadly only a few NPC characters are reused. It is nice though that the artist decided to improve upon old art - that's the thing I like about Takamakuran - you can see how each game improves upon the little things.

So I found out half-way in my second run that I accidentally buffed up the levels in my new game+, and that ended up with overpowered enemies that my team could barely auto-battle. Thankfully I was able to get by fine. The main character, as usual, is pretty OP when it comes to protecting his waifus and countering. I have to give a shout-out to another user for letting us know that you can just combine all elemental buffs and the MC's full charge for one single buff to deal massive damage. That advice really did help. After three runs, I was able to explore a lot of different "what-if" scenarios. I can tell you that the developer actually thought ahead. There's a lot of thought and love here. Hopefully in the future we may get additional content for this game.

kiava

Oct 2, 2017
hmmm guys i need help, i fought sorceres and i choose to spare their lifes but when i have to fight blue sorcerer he summon the others 2 and i have to fight them but the problem is tha the life bar doesn't appear and i don't know if he's invicible or something because no matter how i damage him but the fight seems to never end until i die

Kaftein

Nov 22, 2019
hmmm guys i need help, i fought sorceres and i choose to spare their lifes but when i have to fight blue sorcerer he summon the others 2 and i have to fight them but the problem is tha the life bar doesn't appear and i don't know if he's invicible or something because no matter how i damage him but the fight seems to never end until i die
He can die, don't worry. Absence of a life bar is just to freak you out. Do your best! Stick to the turtle method.

Leo D. Marstone

Nov 2, 2017
Where do I find the Giant Lizard needed for the Mercenary Boss?
She gives you this quest after losing to her.

Kaftein

Nov 22, 2019
Where do I find the Giant Lizard needed for the Mercenary Boss?
She gives you this quest after losing to her.
Been mentioned before, please check the thread next time. In the desert area where you first met the blue slime, just to the left of where the slime was there should be a cave entrance. If you don't see one, kill some of the bigger lizards until you hear a noise. Enter, go all the way to the back, and go to the right until you open up into a jungle region.

thanks dude.
Turtle method ? could you explain it to me ? ahah
"Turtling" refers to a playstyle where you focus on defense and survival, taking advantage of opportunities where you won't die in a single hit to deliver an attack. It's pretty time-consuming but against opponents without healing (which, if I recall correctly, is most/all of them anyways) it's essentially a guaranteed win. Takamakuran's games actually support turtling really well because of the counterattack and charge mechanic; charges aren't expended on counterattacks but still increase their damage, so you can just use defend/defensive skills and heals to stay alive while the enemy slowly kills themselves. If you want to speed things up a bit and you can take the hits, you can actually throw in a few Super Smashes when paired with the "Follow-Up Smash" accessory for massive damage and faster progress.

This kind of feature is more commonly known as "stalling," and teams specifically designed for it are referred to as "stall teams," since the goal is to slowly whittle away at enemies and last as long as possible. I recommend having Evil and Cleric, with Cleric's "Boost All" unlocked. Your role is to protect them. You can choose between Warrior or Goggles for the last slot; if you have Amazing Ore on hand you can upgrade your weapons at the blacksmith in the starting town and hers at the merchant in her home.

kiava

Oct 2, 2017
Been mentioned before, please check the thread next time. In the desert area where you first met the blue slime, just to the left of where the slime was there should be a cave entrance. If you don't see one, kill some of the bigger lizards until you hear a noise. Enter, go all the way to the back, and go to the right until you open up into a jungle region.

"Turtling" refers to a playstyle where you focus on defense and survival, taking advantage of opportunities where you won't die in a single hit to deliver an attack. It's pretty time-consuming but against opponents without healing (which, if I recall correctly, is most/all of them anyways) it's essentially a guaranteed win. Takamakuran's games actually support turtling really well because of the counterattack and charge mechanic; charges aren't expended on counterattacks but still increase their damage, so you can just use defend/defensive skills and heals to stay alive while the enemy slowly kills themselves. If you want to speed things up a bit and you can take the hits, you can actually throw in a few Super Smashes when paired with the "Follow-Up Smash" accessory for massive damage and faster progress.

This kind of feature is more commonly known as "stalling," and teams specifically designed for it are referred to as "stall teams," since the goal is to slowly whittle away at enemies and last as long as possible. I recommend having Evil and Cleric, with Cleric's "Boost All" unlocked. Your role is to protect them. You can choose between Warrior or Goggles for the last slot; if you have Amazing Ore on hand you can upgrade your weapons at the blacksmith in the starting town and hers at the merchant in her home.

oh thank you for the explanation, i'll try this tactic.
i don't know why i can't take google with me.
she is in the adventurer's guild but i can't take her with me, she only say " tell me if you need something".
I even gave her the obeject you found on the island.
yeah i used one amazing ore on me but i don't know on who i should use the others 2

ken878

Mar 26, 2018
oh thank you for the explanation, i'll try this tactic.
i don't know why i can't take google with me.
she is in the adventurer's guild but i can't take her with me, she only say " tell me if you need something".
I even gave her the obeject you found on the island.
yeah i used one amazing ore on me but i don't know on who i should use the others 2
Seem in the walkthrough you can take her with you before the fight against blue soccerier but i was able to get her after though.

gcobt25405

Jul 7, 2019
It's definitely worth it to farm the cc bunny at the cave under the church
7777 exp, 7777 gold and drops the best samurai weapon in the game
I'm not sure what the cc bunny armor does though
trident.png

Edit:
The cc bunny armor actually grants you two skills:
"Seven-Branched Sword"
You summon the bunny to use her sword.
A worse version of Bisect. Maybe useful on full-buff protag.

"Flare"
You summon the bunny to... Use fire magic?
Maybe useful on demon girl?

Edit 2:
Seven-Branched Sword actually turns your protag into a war machine
seven branched.png
And this is with all the hp regen accessories on my protag.
This is actually OP holy shit

Last edited:

kiava

Oct 2, 2017
View attachment 1079807

Edit:
"Seven-Branched Sword"

"Flare"

Edit 2:
View attachment 1079825
how can we know if a monster drops something useful ? it'a s 100% drop since it's special ?

kiava

Oct 2, 2017
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH OH MY GOD, the game keeps me crashing i don't know that to do!
The battle with blue sorcerer is way too long and if the game might crush when i'm fighting i won't be able to finish it.... Do you guys can help me resolve all this crashes ?

EDIT: can someone explain me what charges do ?

Last edited:

kiava

Oct 2, 2017
View attachment 1079807

Edit:
"Seven-Branched Sword"

"Flare"

Edit 2:
View attachment 1079825
where do you find cc bunny in the cave ? i never found it

EDIT: nvm i found it and i drop her amor

Last edited:

Nanjo

Oct 10, 2020
I already knew that that's why I only said about saving her.
Well, there's no saving her past the Bandits' Hideout, I believe.
I just assumed the battle with the slime was heavily implying that...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
where do you find cc bunny in the cave ? i never found it
In case anyone else is curious about it at some point, it's a random encounter. I always find it relatively quickly by running around this area near the entrance.
untitled.png

kiava

Oct 2, 2017
Well, there's no saving her past the Bandits' Hideout, I believe.
I just assumed the battle with the slime was heavily implying that...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

In case anyone else is curious about it at some point, it's a random encounter. I always find it relatively quickly by running around this area near the entrance.
View attachment 1080190
WOW thank you, pratically i found her every time

collectioner

Sep 19, 2017
is there a way to open all the scenes? someone tried to kill the prison girl instead of saving her or rape?

Kaftein

Nov 22, 2019
EDIT: can someone explain me what charges do ?
Ever heard of charge attacks? It works like that. You store up charges automatically each turn you don't attack or use an offensive skill (such as Smash), and for each turn you charge (up to a cap) the damage of your next offensive attack will increase exponentially. In his previous game, it could also passively increase the damage of your counterattacks, which meant that counterattack/defense builds could provide much stronger staying power over raw stat boosts (though those still help quite a bit).

kiava

Oct 2, 2017
Ever heard of charge attacks? It works like that. You store up charges automatically each turn you don't attack or use an offensive skill (such as Smash), and for each turn you charge (up to a cap) the damage of your next offensive attack will increase exponentially. In his previous game, it could also passively increase the damage of your counterattacks, which meant that counterattack/defense builds could provide much stronger staying power over raw stat boosts (though those still help quite a bit).
oh ok, thank you i tought that it was a kind of special attack or something.

4.50 star(s) 34 Votes