Unity Onhold The Merits of Lust [v0.4.5 Public] [laxlenon]

4.40 star(s) 5 Votes

ꜱᴛᴀɢᴡᴏᴏᴅ

Bush Rustler
Donor
Aug 23, 2018
Sorry for the late reply, but I don't have any plans on abandoning this game. I want to do two other projects after this one, so abandoning my first project would not be a good idea. Even if I don't get enough patrons, I plan to finish the game. Though the speed of updates will massively slow down after August, if I don't at least get enough to cover my artist's work.
With an attitude like that I'm sure you'll get plenty of support, although sure, it may be slow at first. Seeing that a dev is actually passionate about a project enough to see it through regardless of financial incentive gives off a good impression to potential backers.
Just don't push too hard for big money and I'm sure you'll be fine.

My money is tight right now so I haven't checked your tiers or anything myself to know if you're offering any kind of good value for money, but you have caught my attention enough that if anything frees up I might look your way first. Especially if you keep giving the impression that you're seeing your projects through to the end.

beryn

May 8, 2017
Is there something I am getting wrong?
Combat is very boring and frustrating.
You can't dodge, block just hope your hits blocks the monsters from attacking, sometime it works, sometime it doesn't.
Monsters one shots you, about 33% of the time and they take about 20 hits to kill, making combat a jumping up hitting running away, and then then repeat for what feels like 10-15 minutes.

Finally got the bark, went back got to the scene and now the game just crashes continuously during the scene. Either a black or white screen and it is impossible to continue.

Game seems badly paced as well, you use 80-90% of the time running from one point to the next.
Day 2: Get up, run down, talk, go back up, sleep, run to the other part of town talk, go back, sleep.
The scenes is nice but is ruined by the amount of time doing nothing just running from point to point.
Either the run speed could be faster or the pace/narrative could continue better that having to run for 5 minutes between one dialogue to the next.

Last edited:
May 9, 2021
Is there something I am getting wrong?
Combat is very boring and frustrating.
You can't dodge, block just hope your hits blocks the monsters from attacking, sometime it works, sometime it doesn't.
Monsters one shots you, about 33% of the time and they take about 20 hits to kill, making combat a jumping up hitting running away, and then then repeat for what feels like 10-15 minutes...
I wanted the monsters to be more difficult in the beginning, but I will make sure to make them easier in the future updates.
Though they still shouldn't be one shotting you, there is no reason that should be happening unless you're using an older save.
Also, an easy way to deal with them in the beginning is to just jump over the first monster, and then lure the second monster to the edge and knock it off.

Finally got the bark, went back got to the scene and now the game just crashes continuously during the scene. Either a black or white screen and it is impossible to continue.

Game seems badly paced as well, you use 80-90% of the time running from one point to the next.
Day 2: Get up, run down, talk, go back up, sleep, run to the other part of town talk, go back, sleep.
The scenes is nice but is ruined by the amount of time doing nothing just running from point to point.
Either the run speed could be faster or the pace/narrative could continue better that having to run for 5 minutes between one dialogue to the next.
No one else has reported crashing like that. Can you tell me exactly where it happens? Better yet, can you record it and show me?

Also, for the pacing, it is just the prologue... I could pump up the run speed if it's that terrible, but the story pace is supposed to be slow for the beginning.

Last edited:

AlexTorch

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2017
"- Oh, and I scrapped the gallery. It was going to be too difficult/time consuming to do the way I wanted it to."

Damn...i hope that we can replay the scenes in game, gallery is something really important for a game, even more if we cannot see old stuff.

Spermasahne

Apr 7, 2021
What i like
  • Style/Graphics
  • Village/Forest Setting
What i dislike
  • Tutorial/Intro feels too long
  • Boring gameplay so far (Go to A, then back to B, etc.)
  • No option to skip text faster (like holding a button or something)
  • No music or sounds so far (i know this will change)
  • Combat is awful, boring and frustrating as fuck
What i hope to see in the future
  • Inventory Item
  • Character Slots System (Weapon, Shield, etc.)
  • Gallery coming back into the game
  • Fan translations!!!

May 9, 2021
"- Oh, and I scrapped the gallery. It was going to be too difficult/time consuming to do the way I wanted it to."

Damn...i hope that we can replay the scenes in game, gallery is something really important for a game, even more if we cannot see old stuff.
You will be able to replay scenes in future updates, don't worry. It's just that doing it from the main menu was going to be too much.

AlexTorch

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2017
You will be able to replay scenes in future updates, don't worry. It's just that doing it from the main menu was going to be too much.
For me personally i don't mind if is in the menu or in the game, sometimes, is really nice to see past scenes (even more if that scene is a fetish that you like), there is a lot of games with some amazing scenes, but you can see one time, that's why i think that the reply function (or gallery) is a must have in almost all the games. And i really happy that even if is not in the menu, will still be in the game.

May 9, 2021
What i like
  • Style/Graphics
  • Village/Forest Setting
What i dislike
  • Tutorial/Intro feels too long
  • Boring gameplay so far (Go to A, then back to B, etc.)
  • No option to skip text faster (like holding a button or something)
  • No music or sounds so far (i know this will change)
  • Combat is awful, boring and frustrating as fuck
What i hope to see in the future
  • Inventory Item
  • Character Slots System (Weapon, Shield, etc.)
  • Gallery coming back into the game
  • Fan translations!!!
Going in order of the dislikes:
- Which part of the intro do you feel is too long? Do you also think that making the character run quicker would make it better?
- Isn't that most games? Go there, go here. What would you like to see different?
- Skipping text faster will be in the next update.
- You know that will change, so skip that.
- I put out the v0.1.5 to test the combat system and even put out a poll on Discord to see what people thought. Not as many people answered as I had hoped, but still... People mostly wanted a dash and other similar mechanics that will be unlockable in the game, but only one person thought it should be completely different. What do you think could make combat better?

What you hope to see:
- No.
- No. The reason for these two are the same. This is my first project and I want to do things like that in future projects. Adding inventory and items doesn't fit this project. Sorry about that.
- No, but you will be able to replay scenes.
- Maybe, though doing that would be pretty annoying/time consuming with Unity.

Reactions: Andonthatday

Saasasasa

Jun 21, 2020
A lot of potential. I think it will be my favorite game. The graphics and the controls are awesome.

Dole

Well-Known Karen
Apr 28, 2017
0.2.1 save bug

Ok we must start new.

I said overwrite my old save with my new (old saves 1-3) from 11.07.

Later I go in the menu again to save again and saw 1. place save from 11.07. what normal must overwriten!

If I delete the place or say overwrite the save says all time the save is from 11.07 and not from today 30.07. So the save function is really buged.

Only places I never used says the correct day 30.07. The problem in the future looks for me aso when you say overwrite and delete these saves are all 30.07.

Why you have a discord channel without bug thread?

May 9, 2021
0.2.1 save bug

Ok we must start new.

I said overwrite my old save with my new (old saves 1-3) from 11.07.

Later I go in the menu again to save again and saw 1. place save from 11.07. what normal must overwriten!

If I delete the place or say overwrite the save says all time the save is from 11.07 and not from today 30.07. So the save function is really buged.

Only places I never used says the correct day 30.07. The problem in the future looks for me aso when you say overwrite and delete these saves are all 30.07.

Why you have a discord channel without bug thread?
You can message bugs directly to me on Discord. That's easier than a channel because I can ask questions and go back and forth without having to bother everyone else on the server. You can also post them here if you want, I should see them eventually.

As for the bug itself, I haven't heard of this before. And it hasn't happened to me either.
I will try and look into it, but at a first guess it might have something to do with your computer permissions.

Generally it's easier for applications to create new files than to overwrite them, so maybe try running the game with Administrator to see if that changes anything. If not, like I said, I will look into it.

Dole

Well-Known Karen
Apr 28, 2017
You can message bugs directly to me on Discord. That's easier than a channel because I can ask questions and go back and forth without having to bother everyone else on the server. You can also post them here if you want, I should see them eventually.

As for the bug itself, I haven't heard of this before. And it hasn't happened to me either.
I will try and look into it, but at a first guess it might have something to do with your computer permissions.

Generally it's easier for applications to create new files than to overwrite them, so maybe try running the game with Administrator to see if that changes anything. If not, like I said, I will look into it.
You have seen I which channel I can talk? I saw 4 channels and I have no talk or write rights in any of the channels as I tried now I wait not 1 minute or so.

Dole

Well-Known Karen
Apr 28, 2017
Normally you wrote on discord a bug that all players can see this bug is reported and the producer can give feedback.

If I wrote to a producer or not it depends on the producer if this help for bug fixing the most chance that he fix a bug is that all people can read the bug is reported and can aso read when the bug is reported to see if the producer is for example lazy.

I have had that the producer say he never heard from the bug and so on (and I reported it him for months/weeks).

Nobody plays normal with admin rights and why I have no problems with other games so it says me it is a problem with your game.

May 9, 2021
Normally you wrote on discord a bug that all players can see this bug is reported and the producer can give feedback.

If I wrote to a producer or not it depends on the producer if this help for bug fixing the most chance that he fix a bug is that all people can read the bug is reported and can aso read when the bug is reported to see if the producer is for example lazy.

I have had that the producer say he never heard from the bug and so on (and I reported it him for months/weeks).

Nobody plays normal with admin rights and why I have no problems with other games so it says me it is a problem with your game.
I understand you've had bad experiences before. Maybe I will add a bug channel sometime in the future, it's just that the way I've been doing it is easier for me to handle.

Also, I play games with Administrator all the time. Could you at least try to use admin rights so I can confirm that the problem is with my game?

4.40 star(s) 5 Votes