homerj30

Sep 14, 2020
for those curious about the game. when you complete a quest or get to the end of the current content, it'll let you know.
the only trick will be pairing your requirements with the amount of temptation needed.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: t727 and Alcahest

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
doesn't work where I put it for some reason, it's looking for "c:/Users/notusedanymore/Desktop/Monastery/media/title/titlepic.png"
I should have removed that. But to fix it, don't put it inside /temp/.

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Not sure if its a bug or me breaking the game. I cheated corruption so I'd already read the sin book before the night time drinks with the monks. When i got back to my room drunk the game told me i had to read the book, but i got stuck in a loop. I'd read the chapters then go back to initial page with the only option of clicking name of the book, which would take me back to the chapters.

I tried editing the chapter variable back to 0 so that when I opened the book the chapters hadn't been read but that didn't fix the issue.
Looks like you got stuck because you messed with the variables, yes.

Reactions: megaera

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Minor issues.

Maybe add a dyslexia font.

When naming the “father” it should mention if it would be used as a last name or first name. My parent's church had a priest whose name was Father (last name), the guy who replaced him was Father (first name).

The top of each passage would be nice to always be at a specific place. Example is going from seeing the monastery and then walking up the road, the smaller box is moved down a bit compared to the larger.

I feel the click on them tip should happen much earlier. As with a tip about clicking yellow words.

“not to relax in a comfy bedroom” : comfortable (I feel that the father wouldn't be using such shortened language)

but when coming to the monastery, you were not prepared to see so many young and attractive women : (this portion reads a bit off, maybe with the removal of “when” it would read better.)

Wish some stat gains would be described a bit better, like needing X amount of lust before getting X of temptation, or how resistance works with it.

I know this is a first release and the game needs to follow the story, but it kind of hurts the player to be unable to raise corruption/sin without those story portions. The first time sure, having to wait again for the second kind of feels bad the player doesn't control their stat gains.

Very well written, if a bit wordy.

Sister doing penance dungeon vanishes when you leave, but clicking on any other place and then back it will show it again.

Last edited:

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Minor issues.

Maybe add a dyslexia font.

When naming the “father” it should mention if it would be used as a last name or first name. My parent's church had a priest whose name was Father (last name), the guy who replaced him was Father (first name).

The top of each passage would be nice to always be at a specific place. Example is going from seeing the monastery and then walking up the road, the smaller box is moved down a bit compared to the larger.

I feel the click on them tip should happen much earlier. As with a tip about clicking yellow words.

“not to relax in a comfy bedroom” : comfortable (I feel that the father wouldn't be using such shortened language)

but when coming to the monastery, you were not prepared to see so many young and attractive women : (this portion reads a bit off, maybe with the removal of “when” it would read better.)

Wish some stat gains would be described a bit better, like needing X amount of lust before getting X of temptation, or how resistance works with it.

I know this is a first release and the game needs to follow the story, but it kind of hurts the player to be unable to raise corruption/sin without those story portions. The first time sure, having to wait again for the second kind of feels bad the player doesn't control their stat gains.

Very well written, if a bit wordy.
First time I hear about dyslexia fonts, but looking it up, they recommend Arial which I include.

First or last name, like you said, could be different. It makes no difference in the game, so it's up to the player what he wants the MC to be called.

If you turn off passage centering in settings, it should always start at the top.

I've heard that suggestion before and I could put the click on pics/vids tip earlier, but I think it's easier for people to remember it when there is a girl in the pic instead of a pic of a fortress or something. We're talking about less than 10 clicks after starting the game before the tip comes.

You're right. I changed comfy.

I'll try it without the "when". I think I remember that sentence being one of those that took a while to figure out and yet it's not great. Writing is hard sometimes, especially when you try to be concise, as I have a tendency to get wordy, as you note. :D

Having an uncorrupted priest suddenly go down a path of corruption needs something to trigger it. That said, there is more than one reason for the corruption increase being tied to story events like that in v0.1. Another is that I didn't want to complicate things too much for the first release. But I agree on your general point, and I hope to be able to have a less linear/forced feel in the coming updates.

Thanks for the feedback.

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
First time I hear about dyslexia fonts, but looking it up, they recommend Arial which I include.

Having an uncorrupted priest suddenly go down a path of corruption needs something to trigger it. That said, there is more than one reason for the corruption increase being tied to story events like that in v0.1. Another is that I didn't want to complicate things too much for the first release. But I agree on your general point, and I hope to be able to have a less linear/forced feel in the coming updates.

Thanks for the feedback.
Main dyslexia fonts are dyslexie and opendyslexic.

My only complaint on the sin/corruption part was more how it was fully story tied. So some of the time the player spends becomes nullified by having to wait X days until that things happens, since I think it is linked to being there for X days before the attacks or the drinking versus you being able to push any of it forward. Which yes it makes sense story wise as with waiting for the therapy sessions in the last game. However to a player it is also just forcing skip day until then which takes some fun out of it.

Reactions: Alcahest

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Main dyslexia fonts are dyslexie and opendyslexic.

My only complaint on the sin/corruption part was more how it was fully story tied. So some of the time the player spends becomes nullified by having to wait X days until that things happens, since I think it is linked to being there for X days before the attacks or the drinking versus you being able to push any of it forward. Which yes it makes sense story wise as with waiting for the therapy sessions in the last game. However to a player it is also just forcing skip day until then which takes some fun out of it.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4.50 star(s) 51 Votes