VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Nasty Truth [Ep. 2] [The Nasty Truth Games]

2.00 star(s) 1 Vote

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
None of the Episode 1 content got fixed this go around, the Episode 2 content has some fuzzy pictures and still more broken English here and there, and there are errors that didn't exist before, a missing picture, and other bugs... This visual novel/game is not getting much better mechanically... The story is becoming more and more mysterious, especially concerning the step mom... Don't know if she's a perverted serial killer, has multiple personality disorder, or if she's experimenting on the protagonist and her daughter... Who knows... In any case, I went ahead and updated my review...
haha you had my wonderings exactly, he eats a sandwich and later feels faint and passes out, then he suddenly can't pop wood.. i wonder did his dad really go anywhere at all? is he buried in the backyard? notice how totally freaked out the daughter is when the mom comes back sooner than expected. something going on...

Reactions: Zippity

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
haha you had my wonderings exactly, he eats a sandwich and later feels faint and passes out, then he suddenly can't pop wood.. i wonder did his dad really go anywhere at all? is he buried in the backyard? notice how totally freaked out the daughter is when the mom comes back sooner than expected. something going on...
There are a lot of oddball things going on with regards to her... I mean in the Episode 1 content you read some of her inner monologue that leads you to believe she's just a bit naïve, a bit over trusting, and definitely is attracted to the protagonist... But then all the mystery stuff after his passing out... Now I don't know what to think about her... Are the author's just messing with us? Her behavior is really weird... And it seems as though the daughter is possibly a pawn in the whole mess as well... Who knows, because the story hasn't revealed any hard evidence as to what is actually transpiring yet... Just a lot of questions and suspicions... But hey, just look at the title...

Austin8995

Jan 15, 2018
I've been getting these error here and there throughout the game any help?

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 883, in script
    f "He will be staying with us until your father comes back{/i}..."
Exception: u'/i' closes a text tag that isn't open.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 883, in script
    f "He will be staying with us until your father comes back{/i}..."
  File "C:\Users\Rocky Road\Downloads\TheNastyTruth-0.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 643, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, interact=self.interact, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Rocky Road\Downloads\TheNastyTruth-0.1-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1175, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Rocky Road\Downloads\TheNastyTruth-0.1-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1013, in __call__
    self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, **display_args)
  File "C:\Users\Rocky Road\Downloads\TheNastyTruth-0.1-pc\renpy\character.py", line 817, in do_display
    **display_args)
  File "C:\Users\Rocky Road\Downloads\TheNastyTruth-0.1-pc\renpy\character.py", line 566, in display_say
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='say', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "C:\Users\Rocky Road\Downloads\TheNastyTruth-0.1-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 287, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Rocky Road\Downloads\TheNastyTruth-0.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2620, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Rocky Road\Downloads\TheNastyTruth-0.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3022, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "C:\Users\Rocky Road\Downloads\TheNastyTruth-0.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2034, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "render.pyx", line 475, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
  File "render.pyx", line 231, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "C:\Users\Rocky Road\Downloads\TheNastyTruth-0.1-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 711, in render
    surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
  File "render.pyx", line 143, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "C:\Users\Rocky Road\Downloads\TheNastyTruth-0.1-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 711, in render
  File "C:\Users\Rocky Road\Downloads\TheNastyTruth-0.1-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 639, in render
    child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
  File "C:\Users\Rocky Road\Downloads\TheNastyTruth-0.1-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1110, in render
    st, at)
  File "C:\Users\Rocky Road\Downloads\TheNastyTruth-0.1-pc\renpy\text\text.py", line 1807, in render
    virtual_layout = Layout(self, width, height, renders, drawable_res=False, size_only=True)
  File "C:\Users\Rocky Road\Downloads\TheNastyTruth-0.1-pc\renpy\text\text.py", line 561, in __init__
    self.paragraphs = self.segment(text.tokens, style, renders, text)
  File "C:\Users\Rocky Road\Downloads\TheNastyTruth-0.1-pc\renpy\text\text.py", line 898, in segment
    raise Exception("%r closes a text tag that isn't open." % text)
Exception: u'/i' closes a text tag that isn't open.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.14.3135
TheNastyTruth 0.1

CunningPig

Jul 10, 2017
I love the fact that he thinks how tight Karla is relates to how well her pussy fits in skimpy underwear. Other favorites include looking in Mom's drawers and a sequence of 10 ellipsis for some reason. The size of his dick is retarded in day 1, but then seems to decrease by at least half the length in day 2. A white image with a crude sketch of a box containing dildos. Bras that are considerably smaller than panties. Ruminations on the absence of toothbrushes. This bit of inner monologue, "Damn look at her tits... I would fuck them so badly... Right between them to her mouth... She can taste her own pussy like that..." Huh? No she can't, unless her pussy is between her tits.

As others have said, a little too much time spent on character's thoughts, especially the same stuff repeated over and over by the mc about how he would die to fuck something. Also an overall WTF feeling after playing it. There is definitely some intrigue about the Mom and her schemes and how the sister fits into what's going on. Although red itchy spots on your private parts aren't really the most appealing thing I can think of to add intrigue to a mystery. Has potential but lacks a lot of polish on the script and on the small details like blank windows, weird underwear/dildo drawers, and using the same script while searching the condom drawer in both rooms.

Reactions: Zippity

raulz0r

Dec 3, 2017
Game looks promising so far, but damn what's up with his penis, it could very well be a 3rd leg judging by its length

Reactions: arlekin.666

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
I did that but I still get an error, any tips?
You must remove the numbers in front of the file to have it work, it must look like this "script.rpy" without the quotes.

Reactions: QQA

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
I can't seem to get into this game the MC is such a dick head and the story is crap.

Uknowme

Feb 24, 2018
It says episode one so I'm assuming/hoping it's not just a v.01 or something. I'll take one for the team and let you know how it is.

So I gave it a go... I personally wouldn't call it "episode 1" tho. It's more like part 1 of episode 1. Different strokes for different folks, anyway, it's pretty short and no sex scenes yet. A few scenes where the MC peeks and one where the Mom peeks on the MC depending on what you choose. MC also has a horse dick, it's hilariously funny. The writing is... meh, could be worse I guess. The MC is a perv, the Mom is a perv, not sure about the sister since she didn't get much screen time.

All in all, it's not bad but... I'd give it an update or two before trying it out.

Plz upload a walkthrough

Jobeo

Game Developer
Jul 4, 2017
According to patreon game is dead but that message is hidden..

I'm guessing because of incest content?? Oh well I think it had potential

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017

He got tired of it and discontinued make it is all.
It became to big for him.
He has switch to much smaller type of VN for the most part now.

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017

it's not hidden, he just wants you to pay to see it haha

2.00 star(s) 1 Vote