VN Ren'Py The Neverwhere Tales [v0.5.0] [Ceolag]

4.40 star(s) 39 Votes

nitkonikic

Sep 17, 2018
Definitely had those 2 files on the system (token ones). Ran game yesterday (before 01/08).
Full scans done with Malwarebytes, RogueKiller and Defender, nothing found.

Deleted game and saves, going to observe for now. Not sure what the bloody thing even does, but not noticing any strange behaviour.
Lesson learned, wait a day before downloading stuff.

kingpilzi

Oct 12, 2017
well good thing i played the compressed version yesterday i guess malwarebytes does not show anything and the tokes files are not there only the secruity keys and updated ^^

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
well good thing i played the compressed version yesterday i guess malwarebytes does not show anything and the tokes files are not there only the secruity keys and updated ^^
Compressed was infected too, but if you played it before your date switched to 1st Aug, you should be fine.

Reactions: kingpilzi

smmutsmcnge

May 7, 2020
what are the steps we should take? I ran windows defender and malwarebytes and I got not hits. I deleted the game and the zip file for the game and I got rid of the stuff in the token folder (yes I did find the two weird files in my token folder that everyone is talking about.) Is there anything else I should do? I'm kinda new to all this. I also don't understand the whole pc date thing, will the malware have only infected me if I downloaded the file after august 1st? or does it automatically run once my pc hits august 1st?

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
what are the steps we should take? I ran windows defender and malwarebytes and I got not hits. I deleted the game and the zip file for the game and I got rid of the stuff in the token folder (yes I did find the two weird files in my token folder that everyone is talking about.) Is there anything else I should do? I'm kinda new to all this. I also don't understand the whole pc date thing, will the malware have only infected me if I downloaded the file after august 1st? or does it automatically run once my pc hits august 1st?
My understanding is that it runs if you start the infected game after August 1st and that they have since cleaned / removed the infected links.

This is one of those "consult your doctor if any weird spots start showing up" situations I guess.

Danielz

May 23, 2018
Ok so i downloaded the game and started it up around 06.04 CET (Norway) give or take a few minutes I played the update fully then came back and saw the virus announcement. I've uninstalled the game and done a quickscan with the windows anti virus but it says everything is ok. Is there anything else i should do/check? Thankfull for any and all help as im absolutely horrible when it comes to stuff like this.

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
Ok so i downloaded the game and started it up around 06.04 CET (Norway) give or take a few minutes I played the update fully then came back and saw the virus announcement. I've uninstalled the game and done a quickscan with the windows anti virus but it says everything is ok. Is there anything else i should do/check? Thankfull for any and all help as im absolutely horrible when it comes to stuff like this.
Uhhh so. Well there is sadly no guarantee for anything. You after you have done the scan you could check the "%appdata%/RenPy/tokens" folder and check for "AutoIt3.exe" & "script.a3x" files, but even if they are not there doesn't meant they weren't as they can (and previous virus version did) infect system.dll(s). The only really safe measures would be, re-installing Windows and changing all of the PWs.
-----------------------------------

Just a Reminder, the Developer is in no way responsible for this and had NO way of preventing it, as the game was shared by a (most likely) hacked F95Zone account. Make sure to secure your Passwords with strong ones and use 2FA.

4.40 star(s) 39 Votes