sheateater

Sep 2, 2017
Its a bug. The quest Hotel should be finished at this moment. Try an older save...
older save didn't helped unfortunately, bug symptom is Gina is not lying on a couch but standing and you cannot talk to her except the very first conversion when you enter the apartment.
I've deleted *.log files in save folder and have started a new game and then it worked fine. hikyo was right

I do not like NTR at all but I think I agree with some opinions in this thread regarding absence of NTR at the current moment. These 2 scenes where other men are involved make sense in the story without NTR context. At that moment Anna is not a LI of the MC, she is doing business as she used to and eventually we find out that she doesn't like it all (because she is not brainless sex slave) and even the player barely knows her at that moment and the same goes for Gina, MC hated her for a long time and they are starting afresh like buddies and help each other. Both relationships can develop into LI in the future and I hope there will be no NTR or at least avoidable plot options(not just do not look when cheating is happening).

Sep 24, 2017
We are not going to start a discussion about NTR, like in several other threads. There is no NTR in the game... no NTR no discussion...

older save didn't helped unfortunately, bug symptom is Gina is not lying on a couch but standing and you cannot talk to her except the very first conversion when you enter the apartment.
I've deleted *.log files in save folder and have started a new game and then it worked fine. hikyo was right
Did you use a save from an older version 0.4a? 0.4a had such a bug...
Starting a new game is enough, no need to delete the log...

m4pII

Jun 22, 2019
I hate Unity, but after such games, I understand that it's not the engine, but the crooked hands of some developers.
Great quality, I was even surprised not to find the game on Steam.

thebeerholder

Feb 10, 2018
You passed the lady death scenes? Is the quest "hotel" in your log? If both is true, its a bug. Try a save before version 0.4a or start a new game.
Yup, got passed those scenes and the quest is still there. I'm just going to wait for the next update lol

Sep 24, 2017
Yup, got passed those scenes and the quest is still there. I'm just going to wait for the next update lol
No. The bug was fixed. Your save is the problem. If you have no other save you have to restart.. sorry :(

after completing 0.5 i cant seem to revisit the scenes in the gallery. is this a bug?
You should see the scenes which you played. Some of them you can't see as long as you did not unlock them. If no scene is working it might be a bug... :unsure:

hikyo

Jun 12, 2017
As i said before, I got the bug too, i loaded my saves unsuccesfully, always the bug. I started a new game, i got a bug at the start of the prologue where i couldn't answer the phone (it opened the adress book) in addition my inventory was full of my latest save items (gun, anna's panties, tape...).

Maybe something in the log files blocked my new game progression, i should have post it to investigate it.

So I erased all the files in the save directory and I could start a new game without bug and finished the game nicely. The only problem i got was a save in ACT 2 like I said in my previous post.

Last edited:

White195

Dec 18, 2017
No. The bug was fixed. Your save is the problem. If you have no other save you have to restart.. sorry :(

You should see the scenes which you played. Some of them you can't see as long as you did not unlock them. If no scene is working it might be a bug... :unsure:

I can only watch the gallery file from this version (0.5) all the other ones doesn't work, including all the ones i had unlocked... so yeah something's buggy.

Sep 24, 2017
I cant, I have the same bug. I can replay only scenes wich I unlock in v0.5
You need to replay the older scenes before 0.5 too... the Gallery changed from 0.4a to 0.5.
This is no bug.

As i said before, I got the bug too, i loaded my saves unsuccesfully, always the bug. I started a new game, i got a bug at the start of the prologue where i couldn't answer the phone (it opened the adress book) in addition my inventory was full of my latest save items (gun, anna's panties, tape...).

Maybe something in the log files blocked my new game progression, i should have post it to investigate it.

So I erased all the files in the save directory and I could start a new game without bug and finished the game nicely. The only problem i got was a save in ACT 2 like I said in my previous post.
I had this bug only in version 0.4b (because there were problems from 0.4a to 0.4b)... with the fixed testversion and also the version 0.5, I had no problems. Are you sure the save was from act 2? Not later (after act 3)?
As you needed to erase your log file, was it now with 0.5 or with version 0.4b?

Last edited:

PostOffice

Jun 1, 2019
The atmosphere and characterization in this game are awesome. Very much enjoying the wit of the protagonist, too. As others have mentioned, having saves from previous versions may prevent you from answering the phone during the introductory sequence of a new game. I had a save from the 0.1 version back when it first released and was unable to answer the phone. What I ended up doing was booting up the old save, saving over it, then starting a new game at which point I was able to progress.

PhineasFlynn

Engaged Member
Feb 1, 2020
You need to replay the older scenes before 0.5 too... the Gallery changed from 0.4a to 0.5.
This is no bug.
If I understand correctly you say something like: "You have your own saves but if you want see some gallery scenes you need play game again"?

notmm27

Oct 28, 2018
Anyone who wants to edit stats enter this site.

Find your save files (AppData\LocalLow\BlackToad\TheNightDriver)
Upload your save file to site
Its gonna be looks like this.
43:0|0:180|4:4|5:2|6:0|8:5|9:3|10:3|12:6|13:4|14:2|15:2|17:1|18:0|7:11|11:0|16:2|19:0|1:1|3:-1|2:1
Change the one i mark and save. (i add plus 5 to all )
Can you specify which number are for what girl and her stats? I would want to just change anna's dom if possible. I messed up anna's dom stat

4.60 star(s) 136 Votes