b99z

May 3, 2022
Amazing Game, up until the appearance of Raven. Jesus, dude: just keep her ass an NPC or something. Nick is the favourite son - really makes for a disorienting gameplay.
That, and with updates the way they are, I'm quite irritated it'll likely be a year or more before we get back to Nick. Sadly I have zero interest in playing the Raven character, so I'll likely have to just wait it out.

balvenie1401

Dec 29, 2017
That, and with updates the way they are, I'm quite irritated it'll likely be a year or more before we get back to Nick. Sadly I have zero interest in playing the Raven character, so I'll likely have to just wait it out.
You're not alone..

Feb 14, 2021
Well seems like you'll all be happy then. Raven was always chapter one of act 2. Now it's back to Nick.

Although Toad does like to go back every now and then.

View attachment 3792914 View attachment 3792910

This is one months progress, so it'll come pretty soon. End of the month if we're lucky.
Raven was just such an inexplicable addition. That said? If there is a spin-off game? Same Universe? I mean MAYBE I'd check it out..

Black-Wolf

Jun 9, 2019
Man... A lot of people here don't like female protagonists, or something. Raven was clearly thought of, and intended as, a main part of the story since the very outset of this game, as evidenced by the dark room in the 'gallery' section of the menu, with all the pictures hanging from a line drying off. Raven is probably the woman on the phone that Nick talks to, when he says, "I want all the Polaroids." Photography and Raven's role as a photographer must have some essential significance in the story. It's not at all uncommon for a switch of point-of-view to happen within a written novel, so why not a visual novel?

Last edited:

Dfgjjkl

Jul 30, 2017
Man... A lot of people here don't like female protagonists, or something. Raven was clearly thought of, and intended as, a main part of the story since the very outset of this game, as evidenced by the dark room in the 'gallery' section of the menu, with all the pictures hanging from a line drying off. Raven is probably the woman on the phone that Nick talks to, when he says, "I want all the Polaroids." Photography and Raven's role as a photographer must have some essential significance in the story. It's not at all uncommon for a switch of point-of-view to happen within a written novel, so why not a visual novel?
''The dev clearly thought of it'' doesn't mean it's a good idea. The first act was interesting and unique, the second act will just be taken up by a character vastly different from Nick, that I don't care for at all

If it's not broke don't fix it, the dev decided to fix it.

Black-Wolf

Jun 9, 2019
Maybe let artists make art based on their own vision? Just because you don't like it doesn't mean the artist doesn't. It's not "fixing" anything if this was always the intent. He's driving. You're just along for the ride.

JohnnyBlazePT

Nov 3, 2021
in my case, i dont mind female protagonists in other games like FPS and RPGs but in adult games... its a big no no for me, i cant relate to the character.
BUT in this particular case, its not even the fact that our pov is changed to a girl, its simply because the story was starting to warm up for nick and we have this cut to another story/pov that is not particularly interesting (at least for me). if the pov was changed to another guy like johnny(?) (nick's friend, i think its his name) i would have the same opinion because i really want to see more of nick's story and by his pov.

but i also agree with you, this is blacktoad's vision and we may not like it but we have to respect it

Dfgjjkl

Jul 30, 2017
Maybe let artists make art based on their own vision? Just because you don't like it doesn't mean the artist doesn't. It's not "fixing" anything if this was always the intent. He's driving. You're just along for the ride.
Art lmao, it's not that serious

He decided to put his game out publicly, everybody has the right to criticize and like I have said, just because it was the original intent doesn't mean it was a good idea

Black-Wolf

Jun 9, 2019
Just give it a chance. It's not even the halfway point of the game yet. We all love Nick, and his story. I get that. And I get that some people might not like Raven for whatever reason, but it's like walking out of a movie theater because a movie jumps to another protagonist's perspective for a little while.

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 136 Votes