Cheat Mod Ren'Py The Null Hypothesis Cheat Injector [v1.8] [Sleepingkirby]

leathermax

Feb 10, 2019
(Jesus Christ... Hackerrank requires to agree to let them train their AI on your code? Yeah, no fuck that...)

Alright, everyone. So I've had time to think and read and scan through the code. Here's the break down:

Level up button option:
  • Pros:
    • more towards the game's mechanics
    • leveling up means higher stipend from Prof. X
  • Cons:
    • Leveling up outside of XP can cause XP and level desync.
I don't remember much about the game, so I can't say if gaining XP is something that only happens in plot points. But perhaps you can tackle that con by changing the way your lvl up cheat works. Instead of giving you a +1 level, it gives you the exact amount of XP to gain a level. Like a rare candy. Is that doable?

sleepingkirby

Aug 8, 2017
I don't remember much about the game, so I can't say if gaining XP is something that only happens in plot points. But perhaps you can tackle that con by changing the way your lvl up cheat works. Instead of giving you a +1 level, it gives you the exact amount of XP to gain a level. Like a rare candy. Is that doable?
Hey, sorry. I accidentally hit post when I was in the middle of typing up this post. It's been updated with full details.

But to answer your question, that's currently done in the XP slider.
1727787247472.png 1727787271483.png
You can drag the slider over to the max, rest, and the game will level you up 1 level.

Granted, that's currently broken in the beta, but I'll post a fix in a bit. Linux version is working fine. Now I have to do the windows version.

Oh, and XP is gained via studying or training.

Reactions: leathermax

sleepingkirby

Aug 8, 2017
Here are the injectors for v0.6a beta of the game:

Besides what I wrote here, the only other thing of note is that the XP bar *AFTER* the cheat is applied acts a little differently. Because of how RonChon did the math on how XP works and how the sliders work in Renpy, every time you level, the XP bar display will NOT start at zero (because player's XP also no longer starts at zero). Other than that, everything should work just as before (in terms of player experience).

Last edited:

Nevrius

Jun 10, 2020
Here are the injectors for v0.6a beta of the game:

Besides what I wrote here, the only other thing of note is that the XP bar *AFTER* the cheat is applied acts a little differently. Because of how RonChon did the math on how XP works and how the sliders work in Renpy, every time you level, the XP bar display will NOT start at zero (because player's XP also no longer starts at zero). Other than that, everything should work just as before (in terms of player experience).
I get the attached traceback when trying to access the profile section in the game.

Reactions: sleepingkirby

sleepingkirby

Aug 8, 2017
Annnnnd we're broke again with 0.6a beta 18. Same code as my previous post.
Are you applying the injector at the OP or the one here? Because the new one cannot give you the exact same message. How config.console was defined was changed so the message may seem similar but cannot be exactly the same.
Also, I don't have a copy of beta 18 so I can't see what was changed.

markus T

Engaged Member
Jun 11, 2017
Are you applying the injector at the OP or the one here? Because the new one cannot give you the exact same message. How config.console was defined was changed so the message may seem similar but cannot be exactly the same.
Also, I don't have a copy of beta 18 so I can't see what was changed.
Nope...it was my mistake. I didn't realize I still had the 1.8 version.

sleepingkirby

Aug 8, 2017
Nope...it was my mistake. I didn't realize I still had the 1.8 version.
No worries. Easy mistake. It just panicked me because if RonChon changed the variable declaration back, that means he's re-coding how everything works again. And teetering between 2 types of paradigms of design is not a good sign.

Reactions: Epigonid

Epigonid

Nov 16, 2023
No worries. Easy mistake. It just panicked me because if RonChon changed the variable declaration back, that means he's re-coding how everything works again. And teetering between 2 types of paradigms of design is not a good sign.
I'm playing on 5b but the cheat can't be installed
It saying FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: './scripts/interface/main_menu.rpy'
The directory on my game have archive.rpa and i use the program on the front page of this thread IMG_20241007_153350.jpg

sleepingkirby

Aug 8, 2017
I'm playing on 5b but the cheat can't be installed
It saying FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: './scripts/interface/main_menu.rpy'
The directory on my game have archive.rpa and i use the program on the front page of this thread View attachment 4107788
Can you get me the full output? That means that rpatool wasn't extracted or wasn't able to be ran. The full output of the script will say why.

sleepingkirby

Aug 8, 2017
i still cant give the error screenshot of old person because it on other laptop but in this new version i got this traceback View attachment 4108149 View attachment 4108149 View attachment 4108149
Hey. So I meant the output of the cheat injector. If the cheat injector can't even extract the archive.rpa, it can't even modify the game.
Which means those tracebacks you sent? That's not my script. That's from an unmodified game. Which either means you've downloaded a buggy copy (partial/bad download) or you're somehow mix and matching versions of the game which will cause errors.

Reactions: Epigonid

Epigonid

Nov 16, 2023
Hey. So I meant the output of the cheat injector. If the cheat injector can't even extract the archive.rpa, it can't even modify the game.
Which means those tracebacks you sent? That's not my script. That's from an unmodified game. Which either means you've downloaded a buggy copy (partial/bad download) or you're somehow mix and matching versions of the game which will cause errors.
Ohh that why the new version like that, thank gonna re download it now. As for the old 5b i still can't give the screenshot because it's on my home laptop while I'm still out of town soon when i arrive home i gonna send screenshot. Thank once again man for the help man

sleepingkirby

Aug 8, 2017
Ohh that why the new version like that, thank gonna re download it now. As for the old 5b i still can't give the screenshot because it's on my home laptop while I'm still out of town soon when i arrive home i gonna send screenshot. Thank once again man for the help man
No problem. Tech troubleshooting is always better with access to the machine and one at a time.

So wait, you're saying you've applied the cheat om a laptop that's not your home laptop, and that's giving you that traceback error message? If that's the case, what game version and injector version are you running on the non-home laptop? In the V0.6a and on, RonChon rewrote a lot of the code. So cheat injector v1.8 will break the game. But since V0.6a and on are beta versions of the game, I haven't officially posted the cheat injector for those versions yet. If you want the cheat injector for those, please grab them on this post:
https://f95zone.to/threads/the-null...ector-v1-8-sleepingkirby.199827/post-14979162

In short:
The Null Hypothesis v0.5 --> Cheat injector V1.8 (OP)
The Null Hypothesis v0.6 --> Cheat injector V1.9beta (here)

kaine3d

Sep 16, 2017
feck didn't realize you had 6 beta up i did the define config.console = true just to get the game to boot up but none of the cheat stuff was working will reinstall the game and the new injector