ItsFreeTime

Dec 8, 2020
This should be a mod of Rogue-Like, not its own game.

Same history, same location, same characters (ok theres GoT ones here for some reason :ROFLMAO:), even the same interface and id dare to say text font (which needs improving as it is).

Not like im against it, art looks great, but not a single mention to Oni is disturbing for me.
Is dev by any chance in bad terms with Oni? An old member of the project that thought could do better by his own? A long-term patreon tired of waiting? :LOL: Truly gives me that feeling.

zeraligator

May 25, 2018
I don't know if it's the full screen or my resolution(1440x2560) but the choice textboxes are barely wide for six letter words causing the boxes to be weirdly long(vertically) an a lot of the words end up being cut off.

Reactions: joehoe

llDante

Dec 22, 2019
Not gonna lie, the art style is better than Rogue Like
Really? i like the rogue like style better since it's quite close to the original x-men evolution style, the art is a little funky though in the sex scenes because of the animations, but the style of this game is good, though i don't like when the art is too different from the original source, i had a lot of trouble accepting the change in art in amity park too, if it was not a game about x-men evolution i would be ok with it.

Last edited:

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
So this makes 2 games and several fanfics I have come across all with the same premise.
huh.
well I guess it does make sense. rogue is top tier waifu and basically the 1 and only requirement to romance her is to have power nullification.

Reactions: Muadib

DeadEyesSee

Jan 27, 2018
From the screenshot I saw in this thread this is literally Rogue-Like with new pictures ... same dialogue/interaction options in same areas, same characters except the GoT one ofc ... you can btw not only steal art but also code and writing ;) would be interesting to see someone compare the code for both games to see how much this is Rogue-Like

zeerin

Nov 9, 2017
The art is decent. And that's literally the only thing it's got going for it right now. There's exactly 1 option, windowed or fullscreen, despite some options being default options that don't need to be removed (like text skipping). The Mac version has a save bug, windows version features screen tearing for some players, the dialogue boxes are fucked until you close the game and re-open it after initial opening, the story is nearly a carbon copy of Rogue-like, Daenerys Targaryen makes an appearance for no explicable reason, and the only way to rollback the text is through the 'Back' button in the bottom right of the screen. There's some potential here, but there's parts that more time should've been spent on, even as an initial release.

Ut5962

Aug 6, 2016
If it has proper models and proper scenes than the paper cut-outs in the original it will be much more superior.
Still a shameless copy. I thought it would add some things that the original didn't but appart from new arts and many bugs, it's just a poor quality copy.

The dev will probably say something like "if the bugs bother you so much just wait for V1.0" but that's not the point. Many early stages games just lack content and have tons of placeholders and a few bugs but this V0.3b feels like a pre-alpha. Some basic actions like "swim" gets me pages of crash to ignore to continue, many freezes just to show 3 too small buttons on the side.

If I were to make a game on my own, even a copy or a remake, I wouldn't release it publicly with so many problems.

Reactions: koncik and Double-A

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
Heh. Everyone looks at the screenshot and goes "GoT in X-Men?"
And all I thought was "Is that a Stepford Cuckoo?"
Nerd.

In seriousness though I thought it was some weird take on Emma Frost, but that'd make more sense. An easy route for a six-way to go down.

My biggest peev with Rogue-Like was that it seemed confused as to whether or not it wanted to have a narrative beyond the initial premise. Wouldn't bother me if it was just that. So I'd welcome non-sexable NPCs other than Professor X.

People are mentioning plagiarism but seeing as Rogue-Like doesn't have a story to plagiarize outside the initial premise and the art is completely different... it's just another X-men game.

I guess the message is play Rogue-Like for the quick fap, play Project Redacted for a story to lead to an eventual fap.

Edit: Yeah I agree with the others that this may be a bit too early to release. My theory is that it's because this was initially a mod for Rogue-Like so they ripped what they could without being accused of code theft and slapped it together.

Nov 28, 2018
So this game completely removes the corruption/manipulation aspect and instead going into full vanilla dating sim? If so, while this may become better game later, I'm passing on this one. My favourite part about Rouge-Like is how you can bend all the girls with enough effort and from the way it looks this game simply won't have that.

Reactions: Double-A
4.70 star(s) 130 Votes