• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

megaera

Nov 12, 2016
like the art, more to my taste than Rogue-like. Not really playable atm. Hope to see what it looks like in 3-4 updates.

Reactions: Eland51298

shiroyuk

Aug 25, 2019
What is the necessary configuration to play this game because it is very stuck here. Sometimes I even have to restart my PC to be able to play. I have a Ryzen 7 1700 Eight-Core Processor 3.00 GHz and 16 GB of DDR4 memory and I can't play this game?

Reactions: Maninthemiddle228

The_fallen_dragon

Jun 15, 2017
So if I'm understanding this right, this is basically to Rogue-Like what Innocent Witches was to Witch Trainer? :unsure:
I was about to say, "I see x-men, I click semen" until I saw this comment. Innocent witches...o played that around it's first release with no knowledge thinking or was another trainer... Wish I could get those ours back -_-

ronchonbon

Game Developer
Jul 18, 2019
Y'all have to understand that I have not "released" this as a game. My pre-alpha builds were uploaded here and I'm rolling with it. You are looking at a few months worth of work, not a finished product. It didn't cost you anything to play, so just... don't play it! I'll repeat, please, please, please, don't play my game. It's not even close to ready.

Maybe I'm too forward with this, but I must say: dear devs, please, don't use scenes like this EVER.
I cropped the face out because it wasn't done yet. The sex scenes will obviously not be headless haha, for exactly the reasons you said.

Is it me or does this artwork genuinely look like it's just touched up artwork taken from other sources? Again.
It's just you. Almost all of the art was made for this game. The exception is some of the backgrounds, which were upscaled and retouched from the original tv show. I have all of the source PSDs and receipts with the artists if you don't believe me?

Wasn't this featured in the stolen art drama episode?
more like stolen story its almost a complete rip from rogue-like with different graphics
Why come up with your own game idea when you can just make an HD reskin of something that's already tried and tested, right? :unsure:
This should be a mod of Rogue-Like, not its own game.
Yes, this could be a mod of Rogue-Like in concept. But please, take some time to try and mod Rogue-Like. It's a nightmare. In the process of modding it, I rewrote so much of the code that it bears *no resemblance* to the original game. If you don't believe me, just look at my public and compare the codebases.

Obviously the premise of this game is exactly like Rogue-Like. It's a good premise. I'm not trying to claim it as my own. But I also don't like a lot of Rogue-Like, and so I saw a chance to make changes.

So, we're not using any of Oni's art, we're not using any of their code, and we're actually writing a story. It's not a mod, so what do you want me to call it?

I really don't understand the concern here. I'm just making a game that I think is fun to play. I'm making it public so others can peer into the development process. I'm not profiting from it either - the Patreon is set up for donations only. If that's a problem with y'all, then request this thread be deleted. I'll just keep making my game.

Why would you copy window style and fonts from another game? Jeez
Oni did not invent Crimefighter BB or the Ren'Py television window style?

If you look past the part where this is clearly copying the work of other people, it's incredibly rough.
That's definitely a bug, I'll look into it! If you can give me any more information about what triggers it, and if restarting helps, that would be really useful.

ronchonbon

Game Developer
Jul 18, 2019
What is the necessary configuration to play this game because it is very stuck here. Sometimes I even have to restart my PC to be able to play. I have a Ryzen 7 1700 Eight-Core Processor 3.00 GHz and 16 GB of DDR4 memory and I can't play this game?
What's your VRAM like? Maybe I should bump down to 1440p. I got ambitious and wanted to try 4K and it seems like the large image cache is causing issues for people.

Nagozo

Sep 30, 2017
You know what, this reply made me reconsider my stance on this project. I think people are mainly cynical because the game resembles Rogue-Like to such a degree that it seems like you're trying to rip it off, which might have worked if the game had (already) been demonstrably better, but in its current state it falls flat.
Getting it uploaded before reaching a presentable state is unfortunate. I hope this project goes somewhere and you guys manage to put your own spin on the 'genre', despite the rocky start.
But still, maybe try moving away from the 'original' at least a little bit. If you're going with a more realistic artstyle, maybe switch up the UI as well? Good luck with it, regardless of the banter we'll have in this thread.

ronchonbon

Game Developer
Jul 18, 2019
But still, maybe try moving away from the 'original' at least a little bit. If you're going with a more realistic artstyle, maybe switch up the UI as well? Good luck with it, regardless of the banter we'll have in this thread.
Based on this thread, changing the UI sounds like a good suggestion. I haven't paid it much thought until now, it seemed functional and I didn't foresee people having a problem with it.

It's just me working on the code, and I unfortunately don't have much experience with UI. I'll try tinkering around with some other options.

shiroyuk

Aug 25, 2019
What's your VRAM like? Maybe I should bump down to 1440p. I got ambitious and wanted to try 4K and it seems like the large image cache is causing issues for people.
GeForce GTX 1080, 8GB ram.

I don't know what's going on, but it's really unplayable at the moment, because I can't even save it, because it stops responding. At the beginning, even slow to load, I can play but then when the 5th day arrives, it simply crashes, neither saving nor closing the game. When the stable version comes out I'll try again.

presticus

Jun 26, 2017
It's not an exact copy of Oni's work. There's a prologue that sets up how you end up at Xavier's and a potential actaual villain. The art is different. Supposedly there are mechanics about attacks. There's Daenerys Targaryen :LOL:...

Bugs:
- The dialog box bug seems to resolve itself if you restart the game. Not a long term solution
- Showering alone pops up a dialog about showering with Rogue.
- You can ask the girls for their phone number but you don't seem to have a phone. Missing UI?
- After doing a task in a room (i.e. Dangerroom) I had to click all over the screen for the menu to pop back up so I could leave. I don't know if I clicked on the right space or it was on some kind of timer.

Suggestions:
- Rewrite the dialog that's from Oni.
- Consider allowing the player to chose both a civilian name and a mutant name. It feels strange being called "Zero" by the prof in the prologue when you don't even know you're a mutant yet. When you meet Laura you can chose the option to continue calling her X-23. It would be kind of neat to have the same choice for the player to tell other characters what to call you. And it would further differentiate you from Oni.
- Consider adding helpful UI elements. For example a phone: once you have a girl's number you can look her up in your contacts and see her stats and current location.
- Look at the most requested X-Girls that Oni ignores and prioritize adding them to your game.

Thank you and keep up the great work! (y)

Last edited:

YoukoKurama

Nov 29, 2017
Yes, this could be a mod of Rogue-Like in concept. But please, take some time to try and mod Rogue-Like. It's a nightmare. In the process of modding it, I rewrote so much of the code that it bears *no resemblance* to the original game. If you don't believe me, just look at my public and compare the codebases.

So, we're not using any of Oni's art, we're not using any of their code, and we're actually writing a story. It's not a mod, so what do you want me to call it?

I really don't understand the concern here. I'm just making a game that I think is fun to play. I'm making it public so others can peer into the development process. I'm not profiting from it either - the Patreon is set up for donations only. If that's a problem with y'all, then request this thread be deleted. I'll just keep making my game.

Oni did not invent Crimefighter BB or the Ren'Py television window style?

"We're not using any of Oni's code" "In the proces of modding Rogue-Like I rewrote so much code that it bears no resemblence"

Are you dumb or just a scumbag?

No one asks for money on Patreon that's literally how it works so don't act high and might like "I didn't ask for people to do it" You expect some to support you or you wouldn't have made the page for people to be donating now. Nobody here was born yesterday the patreon "Is for your personal coding projects" and you just so happen to "Be making a ripped off game your own way" wow imagine that coincidenece.

This thread isn't only for people who play the game. It's not derailed, it's all relevant to the game and it's creator* I say creator because you started out modding someone else's game as you, yourself admitted. You didn't change the concept, you didn't change the UI really, etc.

I was very excited to see this game, I love X-men, I think there should be waay more X-men, I mad now and won't be playing this because some creator, can't even bother to be original and has to rip off someone else's shit. Then gets defensive as if you're too dumb to understand what you were doing and pretend like it's otherwise. You obviously know coding, you obviously can get good artwork, but you don't seem to have an original creative bone in your body to do your own original thing, SAD.

4.60 star(s) 133 Votes