jvbatman

Feb 16, 2024
A friendship system. There are quite a bit of events that are just girls interacting and special activities you can do to encourage friend level. As well as some minor touches.

If we did our job right, the world should feel more alive with a sense that the NPCs have a life outside of interacting with you.

Check the changelog for the more specific details.
No new scenes or animations?

derpnibbles

Jul 28, 2017
So I personally didn't some of the things added in this patch.

While I understand that it's realistic, in practice having the girlfriend milestone lock you out of a number of actions and activities all 3 girls were already perfectly ok with just moments before didn't feel very fun. Especially since the girlfriend talk will likely come up during season 2 and you can't "fix" the problem until you grind enough trust in season 3 I ended up feeling like the choice to make someone your girlfriend was a progression mistake instead of the fun relationship milestone it should be.

I encourage you to try out the patch yourself and form your own opinion, but if you feel like I do this mod will adjust the polyamory requirement low enough that you shouldn't risk getting locked out of content during normal play.

Just drop the patch.rpy into your /game/ folder and it should work.

Polyamory Stat Patch (Game Version 0.4a)

Last edited:

Echo-128

May 13, 2018
I did feel like a shithead when she called me. Should have paid more attention...
And a lot of that comes back to the quality of the writing. Each of the girls have distinct personalities, and all of them are lovable in their own way.
In one of my first playthroughs I didn't realize that Rogue would get upset if (while dating her) Null flirted with other girls. When Rogue finally spoke out, yelling at Null, I was stunned! When Kurt took Null aside and told him to do better I actually felt like I'd messed up. And when she was still mad at Null a couple of days later (rather than simply resetting the next day) I actually felt bad. I went back to a previous Save point to fix it. :p

I love that your actions have actual consequences in this game.

SifRed

Aug 1, 2020
So Idk if it is a bug, but when loading a save after the new update the girls got angry because I didn't tell them I was also dating someone else while I already told them before.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just saw that this was already reported on ds, so I suppose the only solution is to start a new save or have the girls be mad at you.....fine time to start my 5th playthrough I guess....

Last edited:

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
I actually felt bad.
Good :devilish:

So Idk if it is a bug, but when loading a save after the new update the girls got angry because I didn't tell them I was also dating someone else while I already told them before.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just saw that this was already reported on ds, so I suppose the only solution is to start a new save or have the girls be mad at you.....fine time to start my 5th playthrough I guess....
Yeah I'm just waking up to these reports and I'm gonna see what's going on because while I know the girls had some more complexity added under the hood, it seems like it just made things kinda difficult.

sleepingkirby

Aug 8, 2017
Can I get a copy of your save file? Part of me is wondering if I can write something to remove jealousy state on girls.

Nast33

Jul 1, 2017
Guys, for real - update Laura's font so it's not yellow on white. I mentioned this awhile back, but it may have slipped through the cracks. I'm on a 58'' tv sitting ~3-3.5m away from the screen, can read everything else just fine, even this text I'm typing out right here which is smaller than the dialogue font of the game, because it's white on black and easy to read. Yellow on white is not easy to read.

Even if you wish to stick to the color scheme, you can make it darker. Make it brown or something. I'm just starting out the update and again find myself annoyed with this.

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
Can I get a copy of your save file? Part of me is wondering if I can write something to remove jealousy state on girls.
So the response from the devs is that since the friendship system was something newly implemented, there was no way to account for what stat level the girls would logically be at.

sleepingkirby

Aug 8, 2017
So the response from the devs is that since the friendship system was something newly implemented, there was no way to account for what stat level the girls would logically be at.
Yeah, that's what I assumed. One of the first thing you learn in programming is always initialize your variables to a sane state/value. That's not always possible with games that are updated and/or old save files. I figured, giving the option to remove cheated_on_ or _jealousy_ via the cheat injector might help. At least to prevent someone from starting over. (Which, is kind of fitting as that's why SLDR wrote his cheat injector for RLE, to make starting over easier.)

Reactions: ShinyBoots1993

deadmasterx

Aug 22, 2020
While I understand that it's realistic, in practice having the girlfriend milestone lock you out of a number of actions and activities all 3 girls were already perfectly ok with just moments before didn't feel very fun. Especially since the girlfriend talk will likely come up during season 2 and you can't "fix" the problem until you grind enough trust in season 3 I ended up feeling like the choice to make someone your girlfriend was a progression mistake instead of the fun relationship milestone it should be.
But isn't that what real relationships are like? Or do you think that if you manage to get a girlfriend tomorrow she will just absorb the idea of you being with two other hot girls in the same relationship so quickly? That's exactly what the game is about. The fact that you can stay "single" and date all these girls with "no consequence" (more like keeping them waiting until you make a choice or not) or date someone, and then, maybe eventually, get to make this one trust the other girls so you can date them as well. It's very realistic, if you ask me. If anything, I'd support even more punitive systems, to make it as realistic as possible.

Jul 28, 2017
But isn't that what real relationships are like? Or do you think that if you manage to get a girlfriend tomorrow she will just absorb the idea of you being with two other hot girls in the same relationship so quickly? That's exactly what the game is about. The fact that you can stay "single" and date all these girls with "no consequence" (more like keeping them waiting until you make a choice or not) or date someone, and then, maybe eventually, get to make this one trust the other girls so you can date them as well. It's very realistic, if you ask me. If anything, I'd support even more punitive systems, to make it as realistic as possible.
You Have a point My Friend
This makes relationships more alive and natural
Of course, this new system left me wondering what future interactions with the girls that will be added will be like and what kind of scenario this will generate.
Like Jean and Emma, everyone knows that they both don't like each other
bb581de380037a9bffd50c524ae96a99.jpg

TeeEight

Jun 22, 2017
I gotta say, I'm not sure I'm into the idea that it looks like I've hit first, second and third base on the Second Date with Rogue... In the first season (Fall)... Like... Wow...

Is this to make up for the fact that Poly is delayed till Season 3 at minimum?

May 5, 2022
Although i have not played 4.whatever yet, so i don't know what differences the newly implemented systems make, and what are bugs and what aren't, but to me it makes some amount of sense that Rogue of all people would be more willing to jump into more physical shenanigans with Null.

frepyou

Aug 4, 2018
is there more levels xp wise i got to level 5 but not able to get more pts not cheating
this was when i was playing last ver not the current 4a is it changed or bugged

sleepingkirby

Aug 8, 2017
is there more levels xp wise i got to level 5 but not able to get more pts not cheating
this was when i was playing last ver not the current 4a is it changed or bugged
My cheat doesn't break player level caps. But answer your question, not really:

Code:
define max_level = [5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30]

label level_up:
    if Player.level < max_level[chapter - 1] and Player.XP >= Player.XP_goal:
The game is still on chapter 1 so the max level is still 5.

4.60 star(s) 134 Votes