MK78

Modder
Dec 23, 2017
I know a lot of people would be frustrated with this knowledge but it's true.

We want the game part to be properly established rather than leaving it unfinished and coming back to a mess later on.

The effort we put into the presentation makes people think we're a lot further in development than we actually are.
Nah i think this is the right way to do it!
Programming can be a pain in the ass, when we where working pn the expanded for Rouge Like i tried to do a little bit and it was hell, of course i had no experience at it whatsoever, just a little tinkering with RPGM back in the day. There was a reason i only did work on Story events and texting.:LOL:

Also it will be much easier to add content if everything is setup right and working properly.

pdpt

May 26, 2018
Just kinda reading through the recent posts, and if I understand correctly:
  • Messing around without being in a "relationship" will work as normal.
  • If you enter a relationship, you pretty much can't mess with anyone else until late in the game.
  • Instead of your girlfriend being open to polyamory, they need to befriend each individual character.
  • Everyone your in a relationship needs to independently be okay with adding a new member.
I feel its important to be able to check exactly where the line is for each character's feelings about interacting with another character.

I also think it makes sense to gradually allow more things as your girlfriend gets closer to whatever girl. i.e. if rogue and laura have a friendship of 420, flirting is okay but touching is not.

The idea of being unable to progress with anyone except your girlfriend sounds super duper grindy; so it should be very hard to accidentally get in that situation. Especially since it is strictly adding grind to a fairly grindy game.

Sweetluvd

Feb 5, 2019
In 0.3a sex are via flags. I forget which ones. You want to add a history item into history.permanent as well as set a day value to some day in the past or something. I've found that once. Anal, I think was just getting trust high enough after that.

Considered putting that into the cheat injector but decided it would take too much out of the game, too much trouble (the code would be pretty long for an injection) and can sequence break the game and miss out on content.

Edit: Found it in my console history log. This might have changed for 0.4a. But in 0.3d, it was:

Code:
Rogue.History.permanent['went_on_date_with_player']=HistoryItemClass() //this instantiates the proper HistoryItem into the hash/dictionary/whatever python calls hashes
Rogue.History.permanent['went_on_date_with_player'].completed.append(day) //the HistoryItem has a list/array/tuple/whatever python calls an array with the current day. Signifying that it's been completed.

The function that determines shame copies a temporary instance of the character and its stats, which is why modifying them only applies until a scheme change, when it reverts back to referencing the original object. The best I've found is that shame is a calculation of love and trust (something like (love + trust) * 0.4). This is why my cheat injector breaks the love/trust limit. With a ridiculously high love and trust, they'll wear [or not wear] just about anything.

Proof of concept
Your cheat mod was so great. You should pin it on the 1st page. So then it would be easier to find after each update version.

sleepingkirby

Aug 8, 2017
Your cheat mod was so great. You should pin it on the 1st page. So then it would be easier to find after each update version.
Thank you. I'm glad you're enjoying it.

As for pinning it:
I would have it listed on the OP but f95's staff and our team have a kinda a tug of war game going on when it comes to editing the main page.

We wanted to leave older versions of the game up, but just like removing the trainer tag, they reversed our decision.
It's been suggested but there's some problems with it. Either way, for me at least, as long as people enjoy it.

Aug 24, 2020
I don't know if this exists already, but in the future would there be an option to have different hairstyles? For example a longer hairstyle for rogue? Is there is a possibility?

Reactions: Sweetluvd

korte7

Jul 20, 2020
Sorry if it's been asked already, but what will trigger Anna becoming friends with Jean and Laura? I am basically at 1000 relations with all of them (I think the game let me get there and it wasn't due to a mod)

Phoexist

Mar 11, 2020
Sorry if it's been asked already, but what will trigger Anna becoming friends with Jean and Laura? I am basically at 1000 relations with all of them (I think the game let me get there and it wasn't due to a mod)
My understanding is you get them to hang out together and spend time together. The more they do the more their friendship will grow. It has nothing to do with your relationship score, but a separate score between each of the girls.

NinjaNoto

Apr 30, 2019
i want to know if i ran into a bug. im at day 18-19 and lvl 3 already and i still cant seem to buy any skills even tho i have 2 points. i should note that the save originally was from the last version (barely was started) but it was a save that i overwrote into this current version. any tips/thoughts on this would be nice.

screenshot0002.png

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
I don't know if this exists already, but in the future would there be an option to have different hairstyles? For example a longer hairstyle for rogue? Is there is a possibility?
This is planned. Rogue will be able to obtain her giant mane we all know and love.

My understanding is you get them to hang out together and spend time together. The more they do the more their friendship will grow. It has nothing to do with your relationship score, but a separate score between each of the girls.
Your understanding is correct.

We are also working on a new UI to tell you what the friendship score is.

i want to know if i ran into a bug.
Can you provide your save file if there is no error log?

I have classes today but we have a lot of code monkeys in our community that can take a look if I'm unable to send it to the dev team in a timely manner.

deadmasterx

Aug 22, 2020
i want to know if i ran into a bug. im at day 18-19 and lvl 3 already and i still cant seem to buy any skills even tho i have 2 points. i should note that the save originally was from the last version (barely was started) but it was a save that i overwrote into this current version. any tips/thoughts on this would be nice.

View attachment 3502322
Usually if you're still in the first season, the game doesn't allow you to purchase any other ability. I know it was mentioned by Professor Xavier and maybe Kurt, but you can only do it once you pass to the next season. If you have already finished all quests (I recommend you doing them all, even the optional ones, all content is great), you will have the option to proceed with the story when laying on the bed to sleep. Sometimes, the game also gives you this option by itself.

Reactions: NinjaNoto
4.60 star(s) 144 Votes