Syliar

Jul 21, 2017
Oh man, You remind me of me...
When I discovered my ex was cheating on me and I was still working thru all the emotions and getting proof and being all snide and stuff.

Man, I can look back on those times with... honestly I don't know the proper words to describe it, there might not be a single word that is capable of describing all the complex emotions, both good and bad.

Its... difficult...

Welp! If you have all that knowledge of writing, and editing, and coding, I hope we can see your Xmen game one day too!
I love the Xmen Universe, would love to have more and more games based on it!
The team didn't stop because Ron left, that said I am still keeping a watch (though really going to resist the urge to comment further) on this to make sure our concepts Ron ditched aren't used. Given they were discarded and covered quite a lot of things.

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
but I'm still going to put in my vote for Kitty. She was my favorite and I'd be saddened if she wasn't a part of this game.
Hey sorry for not addressing this. I missed it during my original read through.

Kitty's inclusion is being discussed. However, since we're not basing this on X-Men Evolution any longer, her character writing is going to be a little different.

Like Emma, she's going to be a later addition.

depechedNode

Oct 10, 2017
I know I'm being very impatient but I'm very curious how Jean will look. Is there a chance Famke Janssen will be some inspiration for Jean's design?

Reactions: ZergAlien

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
I know I'm being very impatient but I'm very curious how Jean will look. Is there a chance Famke Janssen will be some inspiration for Jean's design?
I brought it up with the devs and we're discussing it. Some people want more comic inspiration than film inspiration. I think Famke is beautiful but the comics tend to portray Jean as almost otherworldly.

I'll get back to you when we come to a decision.

Edit: Don't worry about being impatient. I have the green light to answer pretty much any and all questions unless it's something we specifically want to keep under wraps.

Reactions: depechedNode

SolsticeChilde

Jul 5, 2018
Kitty's inclusion is being discussed. However, since we're not basing this on X-Men Evolution any longer, her character writing is going to be a little different.
Can you speak a bit to the character writing of the various girls you are including? I hope you can make the various girls feel different enough. I think part of what made me a fan of Kitty in RLE was her nerdy/bookish stand-offish initial relationship with the MC. I think she fits well in that role, but if you guys want to take her in a different direction, that's certainly your prerogative. I'll be interested in seeing what you have in store for her. Do you have plans for some other girl to fill a similar role on release (shy nerdy type that the MC will need to work harder to attract) and if so, can you say who? I like more of a challenge. :)

Can you give a rough timeframe as to when we can expect the new title/frontpage/bugfixed version? not gonna hold you to it, but are you thinking days / weeks / months?

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
Can you speak a bit to the character writing of the various girls you are including? I hope you can make the various girls feel different enough. I think part of what made me a fan of Kitty in RLE was her nerdy/bookish stand-offish initial relationship with the MC. I think she fits well in that role, but if you guys want to take her in a different direction, that's certainly your prerogative. I'll be interested in seeing what you have in store for her. Do you have plans for some other girl to fill a similar role on release (shy nerdy type that the MC will need to work harder to attract) and if so, can you say who? I like more of a challenge. :)
Kitty for all intents and purposes should still be that way. I think the primary thing is we're removing the valley girl thing since that was mostly an X-Men Evolution creation that was exaggerated further in Rogue Like. Expect there to be a significant decrease in the use of the word "like."

Can you give a rough timeframe as to when we can expect the new title/frontpage/bugfixed version? not gonna hold you to it, but are you thinking days / weeks / months?
Well more than those three things will be different. Significantly so. The introduction has been rewritten and Rogue isn't even the person who gives the tour anymore.

But to answer your question, in early 2023. I can't responsibly give any other assurance such as a month or anything else specific.

Wth is daenerys doing there?
I think it was just for testing purposes. We've actually had a lot of discussion on what to actually do with her since we have the art assets.

Mystique transformation, dimensional travel, some weird power to bring her out of the show/books? Ignore it for now because whatever we decide we all kinda agree it'll be one of the last additions. Like after the main plot is over it'll probably be involved in like a DLC/Expansion/Post Release Patch kinda story to take part in when you enter the sandbox after the final mission.

Does the artist have a deviant art? Are there any links to see more art by this artist?
For the time being the artist wishes to remain anonymous.

Lonewolf007

Jul 15, 2018
I hope that sense this is supposed to be a spin off I hope that there are going to be things added that felt like left out or overlooked in the original game like going out on missions and things to do off campus other than shopping and or movies like fieldtrip's I'd love to see the 90's cartoon version of rouge and storm in the game like Rouge goes bank in time to save the m.c life . :WeSmart:

Lonewolf007

Jul 15, 2018
I am just asking when will the update with the fix for the game to be released so I can play the game without game getting sluggish and game not responding?

SauceMixer

Nov 1, 2017
Expect there to be a significant decrease in the use of the word "like."
That's, like, so not cool

Rogue isn't even the person who gives the tour anymore
Say it ain't so. On a somewhat related note, will we see/meet some other characters like hank (and I don't just mean the fact that he doesn't have a sprite in RLE), logan, scott, etc.?

we decide we all kinda agree it'll be one of the last additions
Sensible. I'd want stuff like these as something of a DLC tbh, like a switch you can toggle on/off somewhere.

Last edited:

enman

Feb 10, 2018
Abandoned game already? Closed his patreon. I like this type of games though, where you can walk with girls in the world and control them and also amazing customisations.

depechedNode

Oct 10, 2017
Game planned from the beginning to be free, Patreon was for paying the artists for game art. After this thread opened, people assumed he has bad intentions and there was a backlash, so dev shut down the Patreon. But project is still going on with new additions to the team, check the last few pages.

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
I hope that sense this is supposed to be a spin off
Not a spin-off. At this point, it's just an inspired by.

I hope that there are going to be things added that felt like left out or overlooked in the original game like going out on missions and things to do off campus other than shopping and or movies
Those things are planned and then some.

I'd love to see the 90's cartoon version of rouge and storm in the game like Rouge goes bank in time to save the m.c life
How the MC is rescued has already been written out.

Edit: Not a spoiler for anything so I believe I'm free to mention this but Rogue's mission outfit is inspired by the 90s cartoon.

I am just asking when will the update with the fix for the game to be released so I can play the game without game getting sluggish and game not responding?
I think the main post uploaded the fix. Though it's not representative of the actual rewrite which as stated above will not be out until at least next year due to the amount of art we're adding.

Say it ain't so. On a somewhat related note, will we see/meet some other characters like hank (and I don't just mean the fact that he doesn't have a sprite in RLE), logan, scott, etc.?
Not sure about Logan and Scott. Though NPCs in this game will have character art. Confirmed NPCs(That serve utility outside story) with planned character art are Nightcrawler, Beast(Hank), and Forge. Obviously Professor Xavier too.

Sensible. I'd want stuff like these as something of a DLC tbh, like a switch you can toggle on/off somewhere.
Considering they are going to be in the sandbox mode when there's no more main story, I'm not sure a toggle is necessary since at that point I'm not sure there'd be much to do other than wander around and initiate sex.

Abandoned game already? Closed his patreon. I like this type of games though, where you can walk with girls in the world and control them and also amazing customisations.
Quoting you incase you don't see depechedNode's response.

Game planned from the beginning to be free, Patreon was for paying the artists for game art. After this thread opened, people assumed he has bad intentions and there was a backlash, so dev shut down the Patreon. But project is still going on with new additions to the team, check the last few pages.
All of this.

presticus

Jun 26, 2017
Confirmed NPCs(That serve utility outside story) with planned character art are Nightcrawler, Beast(Hank), and Forge. Obviously Professor Xavier too.
I can see how Beast and Forge would serve some utility in providing the player with useful stuff. I'm not sure exactly what purpose Nightcrawler will serve, so I assume there's a reason.

Jul 9, 2022
Is it just me, or is Prof. Xavier's pinky finger freakishly long in the sample art?

Also, I'm excited for this project! Wish you guys the best of luck!

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
I can see how Beast and Forge would serve some utility in providing the player with useful stuff. I'm not sure exactly what purpose Nightcrawler will serve, so I assume there's a reason.
I don't want to spoil but he will be offering tutorials and a few hints. Teleportation allows ease of access to the information he can impart.

Is it just me, or is Prof. Xavier's pinky finger freakishly long in the sample art?
Art in the preview is not accurate to current build.

Also, I'm excited for this project! Wish you guys the best of luck!
Thanks!

Reactions: Crichton
4.60 star(s) 152 Votes