Aug 9, 2021
Im just thinking the devs making a simple and funny first chapter of the game and on this forum you guys are already planning content until chapter 22 :HideThePain::HideThePain::HideThePain:

Crichton

Aug 5, 2018
Rapeseed: Spider-Man is a mutate. I could've sworn my plasma screen friend was dirt poor, but it was in a gated community now that I think about it... but that was on Staten Island, it's a bizarro world.

Rapeseed

Apr 19, 2020
That's most people's reaction.
Sounds about right.
I thought I was going to get my butt handed to me from you veterans.

Hellfire Club is where Emma is from.
I knew that, she's proudly shown all over the page. Glad she decided to stick with Xavier.

Im just thinking the devs making a simple and funny first chapter of the game and on this forum you guys are already planning content until chapter 22
I try my best to stay realistic with the content and time frame we've been promised. They did do demos in the past and these showed they can do well with small stuff.
I keep going back to it, but if at least one third of all interactions have that "Rogue with her homework" interaction from 0.3c then I'll be ecstatic.

Spider-Man is a mutate. I could've sworn my plasma screen friend was dirt poor, but it was in a gated community now that I think about it... but that was on Staten Island, it's a bizarro world.
I knew that about the spider-dude - and yeah, I think I only got to see a handful of them because people who owned them would often complain. It's not that great of a difference, even more in analogue days, hahah.

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
Im just thinking the devs making a simple and funny first chapter of the game and on this forum you guys are already planning content until chapter 22 :HideThePain::HideThePain::HideThePain:
Dude, I've sat down and read over 100 comics

So much has been condensed. Most of it is gonna be girl stories. Half of what we've cut is stuff we think we're probably going to reintroduce later in development as something we've dubbed "side quest." Like the X-Men in 100 issues fought Dr. Doom like 3 times. Had nothing to do with the storylines that were ongoing. It was just "Oh btw here's Doom."

Of course, there's the whole X-Men fighting one billion alien invasions. :alien::FacePalm:

Of which I think you'll only be experiencing 2? The rest will be off-screen. :HideThePain:

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
I thought I was going to get my butt handed to me from you veterans.
No, it's common consensus by people who actually read comics.
I knew that, she's proudly shown all over the page. Glad she decided to stick with Xavier.
She's joining earlier in the timeline. In the comics she's in a long ass coma. We're just having her acclimate to being a teacher at that time.
I try my best to stay realistic with the content and time frame we've been promised. They did do demos in the past and these showed they can do well with small stuff.
I will remind y'all that you're only getting chapter 1. The full game is going to take... maybe a few years? The full length depends entirely on what we do with the comic material because Chapter 1 mostly sets up the world, not adapting specific stories.

Rapeseed

Apr 19, 2020
No, it's common consensus by people who actually read comics.
Good.

I will remind y'all that you're only getting chapter 1. The full game is going to take... maybe a few years? The full length depends entirely on what we do with the comic material because Chapter 1 mostly sets up the world, not adapting specific stories.
Setting up a world is a lot of work, what do you think will be the gameplay length of the first chapter?

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
Setting up a world is a lot of work, what do you think will be the gameplay length of the first chapter?
No idea. Up to the rest of the team. I just provided them with the background info of the world and some character writing guidelines.

My research into the comics proper is for Chapter 2 and onwards.

I do know in Chapter 1 you will be able to unlock sex with Rogue, Jean, and X-23 as well as make them your girlfriends. Even then they'll be around as they go through arcs in the comics.

Some things need to be stretched out as Rogue canonically in the comics wouldn't have joined the X-Men until chapter 3. X-23 won't enter the comics until well after our current "stopping point."

But the art is already there and I have managed to make it fit. Her rivalry with Dazzler and Carol Danvers remains intact, just with slight differences that needed to be made for her to have joined around the time Storm, Nightcrawler, Wolverine, ect did.

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
Share it with us, what are your guidelines?
Just character traits and stuff. For those who have read the comics I want them to have the response "Yeah, that makes sense."

As for the research and outlines I've done past chapter 1... Well that would be spoiling ;)

Rapeseed

Apr 19, 2020
Just character traits and stuff. For those who have read the comics I want them to have the response "Yeah, that makes sense."
You the one responsable for the quirks on each girl? If I'm getting the chance to make Laura adoring, that's on you?

As for the research and outlines I've done past chapter 1... Well that would be spoiling ;)
Just admit it, Shiny - TEC caught you with your hands in the cookie jar with that "out of nowhere" bingo. Go on, just tell us when the womb fight is happening already, I know you already got at least a hundred voice actors and an expensive licensed song to go with it.

Crichton

Aug 5, 2018
Are we gonna get a valentine's day sneak peek like we did for christmas? At least a naked Laura since she was removed from the pre-alpha?

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
You the one responsable for the quirks on each girl? If I'm getting the chance to make Laura adoring, that's on you?
Eh I throw out ideas. The quirks are kind of a "what if" for the characters. I REALLY don't want to spoil much until the first release.

Just admit it, Shiny - TEC caught you with your hands in the cookie jar with that "out of nowhere" bingo. Go on, just tell us when the womb fight is happening already, I know you already got at least a hundred voice actors and an expensive licensed song to go with it.
Voice acting would be fun. I know a guy who does a good Xavier.

Rapeseed

Apr 19, 2020
Are we gonna get a valentine's day sneak peek like we did for christmas? At least a naked Laura since she was removed from the pre-alpha?
This, please.

Voice acting would be fun. I know a guy who does a good Xavier.
I know a really good voice actor, guy who'd work for free for you all - but unfortunately, I don't have a good mic anymore...

But really, I'm agaisnt any sort of voice in the game, voices come with motion in visual media and in the sorts of media that a VN sits on, that just isn't possible; when you can already read an entire sentence before it has even begun, you get to trade in a voice that might not fit with you over the utility of just going to the next new line and it's an easy trade.

krazy4games

May 4, 2018
The more i read, the more hype i get. The more hype i get, the more my soul is going to be absolutly crushed if this ever gets abandoned.

Pls, fap god, if you're out there somewhere, give these heroes the motivation and ambition they'll need to see this through to the end.

Reactions: Eland51298

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
The answer is... probably. But if you want anything spicy you're gonna have to wait till release.

The more i read, the more hype i get. The more hype i get, the more my soul is going to be absolutly crushed if this ever gets abandoned.
All the character art and UI are done. We're just waiting on some backgrounds.

The sound/music guy may want to add something while we're waiting and the writer may want to touch some things up while we're waiting. Once all the assets are in Ron will program them in, we'll all do a test run and post it.

The Early 2023 mark is still the plan and we'll release it when it's ready. We're not gonna hold off till like a special day or something.

If the project does get abandoned, you'll at least have a complete chapter 1 with three girls you can romance the pants off of.

We'd also like some silhouettes for story characters we don't plan on making NPCs interactable on the same level as the girls. Something like this.

82444a48549503.560836286991e.jpg

What is it that got you so hyped?
The game's release I would guess.

Reactions: twoEyedCyclops

Rapeseed

Apr 19, 2020
All the character art and UI are done. We're just waiting on some backgrounds.

The sound/music guy may want to add something while we're waiting and the writer may want to touch some things up while we're waiting. Once all the assets are in Ron will program them in, we'll all do a test run and post it.
I had asked that before. - You said the guy finishes a background every two days, right? Are you all being very lenient with the release date or are we getting tons of backgrounds?

We'd also like some silhouettes for story characters we don't plan on making NPCs interactable on the same level as the girls. Something like this.
I really like that idea. I know it's just that for now, an idea, but it would work flawlessly if it was constant.
It would also help a lot with the presentation.

The game's release I would guess.
That's not what I meant, all we can do right now is talk so I want to read what others have to say about it. Like, what they are most hyped about.

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
You said the guy finishes a background every two days, right?
A bunch of backgrounds I saw were done in two days. I'm not sure if that was his normal output. I haven't been checking the art folder to see.

Are you all being very lenient with the release date or are we getting tons of backgrounds?
Yes.

I really like that idea. I know it's just that for now, an idea, but it would work flawlessly if it was constant.
It would also help a lot with the presentation.
It would probably be constant. At least for cutscenes.

4.60 star(s) 152 Votes