Rapeseed

Apr 19, 2020
So when do we get to apply the F-test to the Null Hypothesis ...
It would definitely make people pay over the Patreon limit, as well as give the game pretty much, just infinite content - I've been waiting since the moment of my birth for ANY game to put models of data and its theories into its mechanics and story.

&

Hey Shiny, did you see my question about how it shouldn't really be all that big a deal to change Karma's sexuality on Earth 69? I mean, for one, isn't the whole point of the multiverse thing in comics so that writers can write alternate versions of the same character and not fuck up the main timeline?
I think they're trying to make characters accurate to the comics for the joy of immersion.

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
Hey Shiny, did you see my question about how it shouldn't really be all that big a deal to change Karma's sexuality on Earth 69?
I didn't, sorry. Probably got consumed in the other conversation.

I mean, for one, isn't the whole point of the multiverse thing in comics so that writers can write alternate versions of the same character and not fuck up the main timeline?
This is the same justification they use to abuse characters. We already heavily altered things to avoid making the male members of the X-Men incels or heartbroken.

And, like I said, I'm sure there are straight girls you're making bi for the sake of the game, right?
Nope. Anyone with a confirmed sexuality is remaining unaltered.

The only exception off the top of my head is that we might make Iceman bi and that's only because the nature of him coming out as gay is a whole mess. Like it started off as a fan joke Marvel took seriously and escalated from there.

Holder could give you the full rundown.

I'm sure you could play around with it, make her, like, more attracted to women than men, or maybe there's just something about us as the main character that stirs something inside her, y'know?
Dude this just stirs in me the rage I have with Fire Emblem Fates and their treatment of Soleil.

I just don't think y'all should be limiting yourselves, especially when the writers hired by Marvel and DC have absolutely no problem with making formerly straight characters gay or bi. Why shouldn't it be okay the other way 'round?
Because we're better writers than editorial mandates and quotas.

I think they're trying to make characters accurate to the comics for the joy of immersion.
Also this.

@ShinyBoots1993 you confirmed ass to mouth but what about ATOGM (Ass To Other Gal's Mouth)?
I thought this was answered with me saying girls would react but yeah they'll react to this whenever it makes it into the game.

And what about the stamina feature?
Not sure. It'd make sense but it's not something we've talked about much and I haven't brought it up yet.

Will the discord be a patreon exclusive feature?
Thankfully no.

JeremyRenner

Dec 18, 2021
I really appreciate that you are trying to be accurate to the comics but I still feel like there must be a way to play around with Karma being a lesbian, like maybe she won't interact sexually with a man but maybe she could have like a being watched kink and if you befriend her you could watch her doing some stuff, it was confirmed recently that she had something with Kitty at some point so just watching a scene with them could be really hot, of course I only mention this cause it would add a new dtnamic but I respect that you already have a lot of characters planned and they alteady have their cool dynamics

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
you already have a lot of characters planned
Probably should have opened with this. Off the top of my head there are only like... 2 100% confirmed lesbians in the X-Men. Unless more have been revealed.

There's a metric fuck ton of characters to pick from already.

like maybe she won't interact sexually with a man but maybe she could have like a being watched kink and if you befriend her you could watch her doing some stuff
This is possible and respects her agency. :unsure:

it was confirmed recently that she had something with Kitty at some point
Of course she fuckin' did. Comics and their dang retcons. :rolleyes:

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
I'm sorry if it's a stupid question but - if the gals aren't bi sexual then how would you include threesome into the game? Will threesomes be limited to only a few specific gals?
Not sure about stupidity but it may have something to do with insecurity, but you don't need to be bi to take part in a threesome.

Like if two straight dudes are banging a chick, it's as simple as not sticking their dicks in each other.

Two chicks don't need to be into each other to give a guy a double blow job.

doizoid.

Feb 23, 2023
Not sure about stupidity but it may have something to do with insecurity, but you don't need to be bi to take part in a threesome.

Like if two straight dudes are banging a chick, it's as simple as not sticking their dicks in each other.

Two chicks don't need to be into each other to give a guy a double blow job.
I'm bisexual myself so I'm not really insecure. I was thinking that the gals will also interact with eachother (like in RLE). My bad

JeremyRenner

Dec 18, 2021
Girls will be assumed bi or willing to try unless we're given a canon confirmation that they're 100% straight.
So if one of the girls has comics that can be interpreted as bi coded that means you could implement that in the game?? For example there's this Magik moment, images - 2023-03-31T144932.669.jpeg and you could interpret it as her just joking around but for this universe you could use it as she being open to it, also cause I don't think they have ever mentioned what are her preferences cause she doesn't have that many romantic relationships but taking that and mixing it with her being really close to kitty maybe could lead to a cool threesome in the game where the girls have more interactions with each other that in other threesomes

doizoid.

Feb 23, 2023
So if one of the girls has comics that can be interpreted as bi coded that means you could implement that in the game?? For example there's this Magik moment, View attachment 2510673 and you could interpret it as her just joking around but for this universe you could use it as she being open to it, also cause I don't think they have ever mentioned what are her preferences cause she doesn't have that many romantic relationships but taking that and mixing it with her being really close to kitty maybe could lead to a cool threesome in the game where the girls have more interactions with each other that in other threesomes
I really want all the gals to interact (sexually) with eachother. But there's already so much good stuff planned so I don't mind not having some my fanatsies being there in the game

Buttholder

Feb 25, 2022
The only exception off the top of my head is that we might make Iceman bi and that's only because the nature of him coming out as gay is a whole mess. Like it started off as a fan joke Marvel took seriously and escalated from there.

Holder could give you the full rundown.
Someone switched on the Butt-signal and I arrive. We need an image for that.

Okay, bit of backstory required here. Going back to round about the Utopia era of the X-Men, they established their own island territory using the remains of Magneto's destroyed asteroid base, Asteroid X (90s X-Men, as always, was weird). During this period, Cyclops was in charge of one band of X-Men while Wolverine was in charge of another. They'd had a major falling out and essentially swapped personalities, Logan deciding that mutants need to live in harmony with humans, going back to the classic Charles Xavier philosophy, while Scott went full paramilitary and turning Utopia into the kind of place that made worldwide governments very, very nervous, taking Magneto's side in all but name. Beast figured that Cyclops and co. had lost sight of their original aims and had become horribly jaded and maybe a little corrupted by the stresses of the world, so he took the perfectly reasonable step of... jeopardizing the space-time continuum by bringing the original five X-Men - Scott, Jean, Bobby, Warren and Hank himself - through time to see what their adult selves had become and maybe remind the adults what they had lost from their teenage years.

This will be far from the worst idea Hank will have over the next decade of comics, but that's for another time.

Anyway, the teenage versions of the heroes go on adventures, have some fun stories, etc., Teen Scott winds up hanging out with Kamilla Khan Ms. Marvel, which winds up being adorable. Bendis, who we've spoken about before, is one of the main writers of the teen characters and in one story, he has a meeting between Teen Bobby and Teen Jean (that's so much fun to say. Teen Jean. Teen Jean. Teenjeen. Heehee.). This Jean hasn't quite mastered the ettiquete of psychic powers and has a habit of casually reading people's minds without permission, leading to this infamous sequence:

All-New X-Men 040-006.jpg All-New X-Men 040-007.jpg

People weren't pleased with this, but not for the usual 'stop forcing gays in muh comix' reasons you might think. For one thing, Bobby's been an infamous ladies man over the years. He's had something like a dozen different girlfriends in canon and been shown as being openly attracted to dozens more. For another, Jean basically 'forces' him out of the closet, which is a huuuuuuuge no-no. It's bad enough she just scans his mind like it ain't no thing, but even for people who were supportive of the change/update, that came across as a huge boundary being broken. And for another, she just goes 'yea u gay now lol'. Not bi, not bi-curious, just 'you like men, quit being such a pussy and admit it'.

As I said, it's been very divisive for the reasons mentioned. Marvel has followed up on it somewhat, but because of how poorly the story was handled, it's faded into the background for the most part. Folks have pointed to stuff like his large number of short-term relationships or his bigoted father hating having a mutant son as proof for Bobby being in the closet all these years, but that generally feels like interpreting the evidence to suit the outcome to most. The popular (mostly joking) fan theory is that Jean wanted a gay bestie and altered Bobby's mind so that he liked men now. It makes more sense than the pages up there, that's for damn sure.

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
her being really close to kitty
I've noticed that ever since Magik canonically turned 18 a lot of people have been head-canoning them as a couple.

So if one of the girls has comics that can be interpreted as bi coded that means you could implement that in the game??
All characters, men and women, are assumed bi until confirmed otherwise. We don't need comic confirmation for that because I'm way too lazy for it.

Teen Scott winds up hanging out with Kamilla Khan Ms. Marvel
And honestly it was adorable and I would have totally shipped it if I didn't remember who he grew up to be.

Though it was just as weird as "Teen" Angel and X-23 hooking up.

He's had something like a dozen different girlfriends in canon and been shown as being openly attracted to dozens more.
Kitty being one of them.

For another, Jean basically 'forces' him out of the closet, which is a huuuuuuuge no-no.
If we ever do allow the MC to gayfuck people, Iceman's arc will be longer than one page and we're not giving the player the ability to out him.

The popular (mostly joking) fan theory is that Jean wanted a gay bestie and altered Bobby's mind so that he liked men now.
I bring attention to "mostly." I didn't read the entire run because I stopped being a regular comic consumer for several years by that point but the way Jean behaved was always off to me. Less the preppy 15 year old wanting to be the smartest we saw in the original run in the 70s and more a bitchy 15 year old that acted like she was the smartest.

I'm 100% convinced that they came from another universe's past like Cable and Bishop come from another universe's future.

Reactions: JeremyRenner

chacha95

Jul 15, 2019
This is the same justification they use to abuse characters. We already heavily altered things to avoid making the male members of the X-Men incels or heartbroken.

Nope. Anyone with a confirmed sexuality is remaining unaltered.

Dude this just stirs in me the rage I have with Fire Emblem Fates and their treatment of Soleil.

Because we're better writers than editorial mandates and quotas.
Shit, man, I didn't mean to stir up any rage, I was just pointing out some justifications, but I see your point. I already expect you guys to do a better job than most comic writers, because, let's be honest, considering the current state of comics, that's not all that difficult of an ask. Not that you guys are mediocre, but, y'know, Worst case scenario, someone could just add her in as a mod. Speaking of, how moddable will Null Hypothesis be? Will it be difficult for us to add new girls or items? New storylines?

I mean, shit, the way he reacted it's almost like he didn't even know he was gay. Or like, she just assumed he was gay for some reason.

Buttholder

Feb 25, 2022
Though it was just as weird as "Teen" Angel and X-23 hooking up.
Angel and X-23 did give us Laura liking headpats though, so it wasn't entirely wasted. But yeah, after the initial arc or two, it really felt like they were struggling to give the O5 stuff to do. So, yeah, Teen Warren is banging Laura, Hank is studying magic and becoming half-demon, Warren loses his wings again, but this time the replacements are made of cosmic fire or something, Jean's like a more personable Emma Frost with how she cheerfully manipulates people... When Scott 'He took the stick out of his ass and started beating people to death with it' Summers is the most normal and personable member of the team, something is deeply wrong.
Kitty being one of them.
Kitty, there was some heavy teasing with Rogue just before AoA, he slept with Mystique, and, just to put an interesting spin on her outing him, he was also into Jean as a teen too. So that's interesting. But yeah, I think only Warren had more girlfriends than he did and he was a literal billionaire playboy.
If we ever do allow the MC to gayfuck people, Iceman's arc will be longer than one page and we're not giving the player the ability to out him.
There was some followup to it, with Teen Bobby confronting Adult Bobby about it and both of them basically going 'okay, yeah, we're gay now I guess' but it was so lazy and hamfisted, it was insulting. And I'm straight! I can't even imagine how it felt to be a teenager struggling with their sexuality and reading that!
I bring attention to "mostly." I didn't read the entire run because I stopped being a regular comic consumer for several years by that point but the way Jean behaved was always off to me. Less the preppy 15 year old wanting to be the smartest we saw in the original run in the 70s and more a bitchy 15 year old that acted like she was the smartest.

I'm 100% convinced that they came from another universe's past like Cable and Bishop come from another universe's future.
Yeah, I wasn't a big fan of the X-Men around the Utopia era myself. I was reading stuff like X-Force/Uncanny X-Force, which was fantastic, but other than that, Deadpool and Wolverine and the X-Men (I'm always a sucker for a light-hearted teen book), it just wasn't fun. From Decimation onwards, the franchise just seemed content to wallow in horribleness. I loved the darker New X-Men book that was out at that time (the one I've discussed before that had Laura as a main character), but the way they were content to murder characters left and right just felt cruel.

I think they did eventually decide that the everything involving the O5 wound up becoming a different timeline, so you're mostly right in that one. There was a cute followup to that story though, where Adult Scott told Kamala he remembered everything they'd done when he was a kid and that she was the best friend he'd ever had. That was just heartbreakingly sweet.

I mean, shit, the way he reacted it's almost like he didn't even know he was gay. Or like, she just assumed he was gay for some reason.
Exactly, it was just painfully done. Hell, the way I read it when I first saw it was her trying to take Bobby down a few pegs for being a show-off, which is even worse! As I said, 'Jean decided to fuck around with people's brains for shits and giggles' makes more sense than 'I read your mind and you're gay' 'Wait, I'm what now? Huh, guess you're right!' It would've been a good way of showing how her being possessed by the Phoenix was always an inevitability as well, since she really does revel in showing off her power in the stories around this point and the whole Phoenix arc is her indulging in her new powers and being horrified at how much she likes it.

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
I didn't mean to stir up any rage
Not your fault my dude. Nintendo Treehouse is just really shitty.

how moddable will Null Hypothesis be?
I know for a fact that you'll be able to make custom ringtones for your phone.

Will it be difficult for us to add new girls or items? New storylines?
A loooooooooooooooooong time ago Ron mentioned something about wanting the game to be easy to mod. Though we haven't talked about it since like... prior to us making the discord and it being just a DM group.

I mean, shit, the way he reacted it's almost like he didn't even know he was gay.
Most people don't. The world is slooooowly becoming more accepting of gay people, and only in specific parts of it, but in many cases older gay people come out late in life after they've been married and had kids because they just don't know what they're feeling is the state of being gay.

If there's anyone here that realized they were gay when they were like 8 and have enjoyed that fact ever since then I'm happy for you.

Though that's the primary reason people were pissed off with Bobbie Drake, Tim Drake, and John Kent.

People don't suddenly become gay or bi. It's a process of discovery or something you are already innately in tune with.

Honestly comics have a better time with female characters from what I've seen. Harley and Poison Ivy was a slow burn built off of a friendship that was written very well. It didn't shock me when they started dating in what if comics and then started dating in canon because their chemistry is just that good. It helps that we had like 2 decades of them being close friends before they acted on anything.

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
Angel and X-23 did give us Laura liking headpats though, so it wasn't entirely wasted.
Source please.

When Scott 'He took the stick out of his ass and started beating people to death with it' Summers is the most normal and personable member of the team, something is deeply wrong.
Normal? This boy is outright wholesome!
68e5ffcfafbb233871a652dda9ee41c6.jpg

And I'm straight! I can't even imagine how it felt to be a teenager struggling with their sexuality and reading that!
As an avid lover of dick, I can assure you that it was cringe. I'm surprised you left out the worst part.
Screenshot 2023-03-31 183355.png
There was a cute followup to that story though, where Adult Scott told Kamala he remembered everything they'd done when he was a kid and that she was the best friend he'd ever had. That was just heartbreakingly sweet.
Hey I'm more than fine with Scott being wholesome and not a dick.
There's a reason why this is one of the greatest comic panels in history.
Screenshot 2023-03-31 183643.png
Context for others. There's a reality where there are three Cyclops and they all get cucked by Wolverine. That is all we know about that reality.

4.60 star(s) 152 Votes