4.60 star(s) 166 Votes

RandomNumber

Aug 6, 2016
I'm not a fan of Spiderman, so i may be wrong of course

But aren't USM that fix?
If you haven't been reading the book and all you've heard of it is "It's the universe where Peter and MJ are actually married," then I regret to inform you the current Ultimate Universe is one of those alt-realities where everything is weird and different.

The only familiar thing is them being married. Uncle Ben is alive and is Jameson's partner as a newsman, the Earth has territories ruled by supervillains instead of recognizeable IRL countries, with The Maker (evil Reed Richards from the original Ultimate Universe) as their overboss, Tony Stark is Iron Lad, not yet a man, no mustache, the universe's native Reed has been forced to become Dr. Doom, et cetera.

Also I think Ultimate X-Men is about Japanese schoolgirls?

hoorrdoorr

May 13, 2024
If you haven't been reading the book and all you've heard of it is "It's the universe where Peter and MJ are actually married," then I regret to inform you the current Ultimate Universe is one of those alt-realities where everything is weird and different.
Nah, i read it. I meant that in USM Peter at last is happy and isn't haunted by failures on daily basis.
Sounds like a big improvement over 616 for me

RandomNumber

Aug 6, 2016
Nah, i read it. I meant that in USM Peter at last is happy and isn't haunted by failures on daily basis.
I don't care for multiverses, What Ifs, and Elseworlds, I just want there to be one canon that for once isn't tainted with the same problem all legacy media has of "Well it was good in the 20th century but now..."

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
I don't care for multiverses, What Ifs, and Elseworlds, I just want there to be one canon that for once isn't tainted with the same problem all legacy media has of "Well it was good in the 20th century but now..."
Then you'll enjoy what we have planned.

We're not gonna lean into edge but we're also not gonna go for "modern audiences."

We know who our audience is and those are people who like X-Men: The Animated Series and the Claremont Era comics that inspired the show.

Outside of creative liberties and the stories having a more mid 2000s vibe our adaptations are going to be faithful.

The only exception being when a writer forced a character to do something completely out of left field.

Consistency in a character's behavior is one of our core mantras when it comes to writing and if something needs to happen for something important, we'll think of a way to get it done without having a character do or say something they have no explainable reason for doing so.

Reactions: bismism

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020

The only familiar thing is them being married. Uncle Ben is alive and is Jameson's partner as a newsman, the Earth has territories ruled by supervillains instead of recognizeable IRL countries, with The Maker (evil Reed Richards from the original Ultimate Universe) as their overboss, Tony Stark is Iron Lad, not yet a man, no mustache, the universe's native Reed has been forced to become Dr. Doom, et cetera.

Also I think Ultimate X-Men is about Japanese schoolgirls?
Guys seriously. I don't want the admins to crack down on you. Take the convo to the off topic thread in my signature or the discord.

Reactions: hoorrdoorr

Wattle

Jun 10, 2023
I'd like to think for the better.

We went for emotional damage instead of physical.

Nightcrawler: I'm disappointed in you.
Then he goes and leaves Null to die at the hands of an angry mob. Nightcrawler clearly thinks Null should die for breaking hearts. :p

4.60 star(s) 166 Votes