Unity Abandoned The Oaks Hostel [v0.2] [caLTD]

caLTD

Game Developer
Feb 4, 2018
Please add the option for the player to rename the m.c. Some people including myself don't like being forced to us default M.C. names in games just to play the game . Please make that optional for the player to use default name or change the M.C. First name to whatever the player wants. This way more people are happy.
Note Taken. However next release is almost ready.
This update it may not fit the schedule and I'll try to include at 3rd episode.

Gary Bertrand

Sep 30, 2017
:) Thank you guys. Your criticisms are very valuable to me, please fire at will.

I admit, lights are not good enough and I have to improve my self (asap). To be honest. I'm obsessed with correct Day/night cycle. I can't found a baked one, so it has real time dynamic day / night cycle system. Game time affects the global illumination.

For animations, good sexual animations are hard. I'll try to improve them. But chances are limited. Actually I'm planning to hire some experts and as you know it was budget issue.

For big dicks, umm yeah, it was about 22cm in real world let say bit bigger than Rocco. I got haven't got soft body physics (at least for now) normal sized dicks are not enough for sex scenes. It has to bit bigger than usual for better visualisation or I have to have collide bodies each other which does not look good on scenes.

My main concern as actually pussies and aholes their subdivision is not good enough. Maybe full texture based solution better than current based one.

Well, materials are full PBR. Some of them are 4k most of them 2k. Last month I try my assets with Unreal engine, it look much better even default light settings. Unity lightning and shaders hard to master. Current package is 2gb on unpacked before the optimization it was about the 7 gb.

Locations are custom made. Some furnitures are Unity free assets. (damn, I built a fully organized boiler room for the continuation of the story and still does not give an idea what I'm after? OK)

Also, it was highly optimized for multiple character scenes. Not everyone has 1080ti (including me)

Characters has full face expression system. Clothes has poke issues, until implementing usable cloth physics there no easy way to fix clothes especially, skirts and long sleeve dresses.

To improve performance, I did not use original hairs. Those are hair cards and it need better shader and material settings.

It was a real time 3d game. You can't move freely like GTA because from my perspective, adult games have no business with fps.

First four chapters are planned to VN style, We will learn how poor but gifted student male stay with 5 rich female student in same dorm.

Also, dialogs and poses are stills because.

1-) I did not have motion capture system
2-) Even if I have one, making entire game with full dialogue animations is takes to much time.
3-) I can found some talking animations however they are limited and cannot represent character expressions.

And, there is talking animations systems available for unity. When implemented, I believe it will improved realtime feel.

For dialogs and grammar, I'm afraid English was not my first language and I trying my best when the budget available I'm going to get professional support in this area.

And best of all, all of those points can be cured. That's why I'm using 3d engine. Not Ren'Py. Everything can fixed.

For more than 25 years I'm after adult comics. From my point of view, comics format are best for Adult Games, 3d FPS and other genres are hard to fit because you have to implement two games even if you do, players have to concentrate two different games which is not good.

My biggest regret of this project is not to use the Unreal Engine. when I decide to build a 3d Adult Game I had 2 core A4 cpu so I have to use Unity, even I got Ryzen5 system with 16 gb still not good enough But it's too late now.

I'm done half of next chapter. When its completed I'll try to improve lights.

Again, thanks for your time and criticisms.

My Humble Regards
I would love to try the game but all your 2 links all ways timesout could you please add some links to mega and noply please so some of us can download cus your links take over 2+ hrs to download when i can download a 55+ gb game like FF in under 45 min

caLTD

Game Developer
Feb 4, 2018
I would love to try the game but all your 2 links all ways timesout could you please add some links to mega and noply please so some of us can download cus your links take over 2+ hrs to download when i can download a 55+ gb game like FF in under 45 min
I'm on it. takes 6 hours. Nearly half of them is done. I did not realize those two hosting is that bad. Sorry my bad.

Fjonko

Apr 11, 2019
View attachment 373035

Overview:
The Oaks Hostel is a choice-based corruption / visual novel game. The game is real-time 3D game.​

Thread Updated: 2019-09-12
Release Date: 2019-09-12
Developer: caLTD -
Censored: No
Version: 0.2 Intro - Episode Two
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win 64:

View attachment 398639 View attachment 398640 View attachment 398641 View attachment 398642 View attachment 398643 View attachment 398644 View attachment 398645 View attachment 398646 View attachment 398647
Too ugly girls.. you can do better dev.

TiggerYou

Aug 24, 2017
What's up with these download links. I tried five times to download this game and the connection dies everytime. Someone call a doctor I think they're going into cardiac arrest.

Veniat

Aug 15, 2017
The games not too bad I guess, though the dialogue needs a lot of work. The scenes are overlit which kinda makes everything look whitewashed and low quality, and the clothing has some clipping issues. It might be alright with some work. The thing that annoyed me was the sound effects written in dialogue though, either needs to be done in a different way from the rest of the dialogue or just get rid of it and use free sound effects.

caLTD

Game Developer
Feb 4, 2018
The games not too bad I guess, though the dialogue needs a lot of work. The scenes are overlit which kinda makes everything look whitewashed and low quality, and the clothing has some clipping issues. It might be alright with some work. The thing that annoyed me was the sound effects written in dialogue though, either needs to be done in a different way from the rest of the dialogue or just get rid of it and use free sound effects.
Hey ! thanks.

Short, story long all of those issues are depend on money, if I can raise enough, I will fix them up.

Long;

- Dialogues.

English was not my native language and I haven't got any education about it. So I need a professional translator and or a good fan to help me.

- Lightning
Unity default shaders lack of Sub Surface Scattering. So I have to emulate in some ways. This version much better than last version however it was not the best solution.

Also my development rig is about $500 usd (ryzen 5 wiht 1050 ti). So I'm using unity default rendering pipe line. Unity also had High Definition Rendering Pipe line. Which I try to move it but my rig does not respond well.

- Clothing
Well with my current knowledge, its hard to solve. I try everything on blender. But when I fix there, it blows other side. Most probably weight paint issue. My best guess is fix by cloth simulation. In unity cloth simulation is 3rd party so I have to buy it and you guess it :)

- FX
Sounds doable how ever I'm lack of ambient sound without ambient sound it look weird than current. Perhaps I should give priority for the ambient sounds and I'm afraid I'm at full throttle to finish the intro to move game state.

I got 7 more Females and one more Male character to introduce...

One thing I can assure you. I had ton's of experience about developing upgradeable plug and play infrastructure's in my professional life.

Preview3.png Preview3-min.png

Those are same scenes you can see the improvement.

Entire game and backend system can be upgraded in future.

Bare bones are done. However it need lots of port an polish and I need tools lots of tools :)

My Best Regards.

Dilettante

Jun 6, 2017
caLTD Hey. Do you plan to release the game for other platforms also so more people can try it? 32 bit version? Maybe also Linux and Mac?

caLTD

Game Developer
Feb 4, 2018
caLTD Hey. Do you plan to release the game for other platforms also so more people can try it? 32 bit version? Maybe also Linux and Mac?
Everything is possible however one thing that my rule, Do not release thing that you cannot test.

I very tight on budget, CPU power, even hard drive. In current state I cannot test anything other than my machine and that is 64 bit windows. Even I can build 32bit. My Upload speeds are suck. I barely upload in 30 hours at 3 different hosts for one platform. for 4 different platform (for now) very hard if not impossible.

My Best regards