Siegbrieve

Apr 1, 2021
I'm stuck in the same situation. When animations should start the game freezes. I've already done the guide's recommendations, but still nothing has changed. Playing on Windows is impossible

Reactions: Nice Guy Eddie

superlgn

Sep 24, 2020
windows version does not work, do you have an easy to use android emulator? otherwise I wait for them to fix the problem!
People must be talking about the Windows Compressed version at https://f95zone.to/threads/the-office-wife-v0-78-public-j-s-deacon.44541/page-196#post-7279250

I didn't know there was such a thing. But there was one followup post from someone asking about a suspicious file named "payload.exe" in the archive. Don't know what that's about... Nothing in Google for the MD5 or SHA256 checksums, clamscan doesn't identify it or anything else as a virus. May be possible to run it without their executables, using the open source nw.js stuff with the www folder (which has all the game data).

• Red Heart
Reactions: necronlord

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
How are mac users getting around the "You do not have permission to open this application" with the Mac version?
The same as for any other app/game you download from dubious sources/archives: you have to fix the permissions of the executable in the app.
Start by opening up the app (right click, Show Package Contents) and navigate to /Contents/MacOs. There you'll find the executable, which in case of RPGM games will be called "nwjs". Its kind should be Unix executable. Double clicking it should launch Terminal, which in turn should launch the game. If that doesn't happen, the executable is missing the execute permission. This will cause the game to fail to start (duh).

You can easily add this execute permission in Terminal with chmod. Open Terminal and type at the prompt "chmod a+x " without the quotes and then drag the nwjs file into the Terminal window. Terminal will fill out the path for you. Mind there is a space after the x. Hit enter.
Now double click the nwjs file again. The game should now start.
Note: due to the translocation security feature of Gatekeeper, RPGM games might not be able to save changes in Options or game progress. To check this, immediately after the game has started try to change something in the Options to see if that's the case.

Reactions: stever
Jul 26, 2018
Work with Polly in the morning, then goto her place after work this day. Maybe there's some Ench requirements, but i played this update from the dev's save so i just don't know
I'm using dev save file for v0.78 (slot 39), I already did the Morgan Morning, Stevie BJ, Knocker’s/Kitty’s and Doctor Scene then I tried on my desktop from start of v0.78 (using dev provided save file for v0.78) since I usually play on mobile and still the same thing, polly web cam 2 is not triggering and I'm already on enchantment 65. Do I need to go somewhere because I can't talk to her on the office?

Sorrow85

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2020

Well, V.0.78 is out and available to the public now. It was definitely one of my smoother releases with regard to bugs and whatnot. I am aware there is still an issue with animations freezing for random players. I've been looking high and low for a solution but still have not found one (even expert RPGM programmers are baffled). There are some more extreme solutions, but there are going to require an enormous amount of reworking to implement. The good news is that it works just fine for the vast majority of players.

I have a couple of big announcements today. The first is about the next release. For the next release, I'm going to be focusing on the little stuff, meaning, mostly on the side characters and stories that are in long-need of love. Some of it will be able to run in parallel with previous release (if you are starting from scratch), but you'll of course also be able to play it from where the last release left off. Some examples of scenes/characters I'm planning scenes for are Nate, Connor, X, that homeless camp in the park, Stacy's self pleasure time, Marcus, stranger in the gym shower, etc. There's also the development of her long lost foster brother appearing...needless to say, it should all be a lot of fun!

The other announcement I have is that I've been working on a secret side project for a web comic with one of my favorite erotica authors, Arthur Saxon. If you aren't familiar with his work, you should definitely check him out at . Some of it can be pretty extreme on the gross out side (those stories are clearly identified), but his cuckold/ntr/exhibitionism stories are top notch. Anyway, we're putting together a web comic for his story Sales Assistant Cecile with him adopting the script and me doing the art. Once it is done, it will be posted for free onto my website, . We'll see how this goes, but if it is a success, we plan do to more!

That's it for now. Hope you all are enjoying V.0.78. Stay tuned for more!

- J. S.

---------

jsdeacon

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2019
I'm using dev save file for v0.78 (slot 39), I already did the Morgan Morning, Stevie BJ, Knocker’s/Kitty’s and Doctor Scene then I tried on my desktop from start of v0.78 (using dev provided save file for v0.78) since I usually play on mobile and still the same thing, polly web cam 2 is not triggering and I'm already on enchantment 65. Do I need to go somewhere because I can't talk to her on the office?
You need to talk with Michael in the morning and then go work with Polly. That should trigger the Polly Webcam 2 scene. That will be ench 66 and then the Fight Night scene will trigger.

Komogor

Jan 4, 2019

Well, V.0.78 is out and available to the public now. It was definitely one of my smoother releases with regard to bugs and whatnot. I am aware there is still an issue with animations freezing for random players. I've been looking high and low for a solution but still have not found one (even expert RPGM programmers are baffled). There are some more extreme solutions, but there are going to require an enormous amount of reworking to implement. The good news is that it works just fine for the vast majority of players.

I have a couple of big announcements today. The first is about the next release. For the next release, I'm going to be focusing on the little stuff, meaning, mostly on the side characters and stories that are in long-need of love. Some of it will be able to run in parallel with previous release (if you are starting from scratch), but you'll of course also be able to play it from where the last release left off. Some examples of scenes/characters I'm planning scenes for are Nate, Connor, X, that homeless camp in the park, Stacy's self pleasure time, Marcus, stranger in the gym shower, etc. There's also the development of her long lost foster brother appearing...needless to say, it should all be a lot of fun!

The other announcement I have is that I've been working on a secret side project for a web comic with one of my favorite erotica authors, Arthur Saxon. If you aren't familiar with his work, you should definitely check him out at . Some of it can be pretty extreme on the gross out side (those stories are clearly identified), but his cuckold/ntr/exhibitionism stories are top notch. Anyway, we're putting together a web comic for his story Sales Assistant Cecile with him adopting the script and me doing the art. Once it is done, it will be posted for free onto my website, . We'll see how this goes, but if it is a success, we plan do to more!

That's it for now. Hope you all are enjoying V.0.78. Stay tuned for more!

- J. S.

---------
First of, let me start by saying how thoroughly I've enjoyed this game thus far. Definitely one of the best I've come across. I really like the small encounters and the gradual changes in Stacy, makes it stand out. Having said that, update 78 came as somewhat of a disappointment to me, being a collection of rather large events that admittedly were due, but I would have preferred them to be spread out with more small interactions in between.
I experienced a freeze at the beginning of the dance animation in fight night. Eventually, I was able to overcome it by using the compressed version, which leads me to believe there is a resource allocation issue here. The recurring freeze required that I go through the entire preliminaries starting at the warehouse over and over again. Please consider, in future updates, to break up long sequences so that saves can be made before major animations take place.
Finally, I want to thank you for a fantastic game, and I'm definitely looking forward to all the good stuff that's coming next.

Apr 30, 2020
0.78, stuck at strip club. Talked to Max, danced, walked around, talked to Gus, and then nothing else seems to happen. I have tried talking to everyone I believe. Am I missing something, or is this a bug?

TheLecher

Nov 21, 2018
0.78, stuck at strip club. Talked to Max, danced, walked around, talked to Gus, and then nothing else seems to happen. I have tried talking to everyone I believe. Am I missing something, or is this a bug?
Did you talk to Guy twice? I don't know if you have to talk to everyone twice (I did.), but you have to talk to Guy twice.

stever

Jun 14, 2017
How are mac users getting around the "You do not have permission to open this application" with the Mac version?
is it a verification issue? if so, here's a workaround:

1. put the app into the Applications folder
2. go to Terminal
3. type xattr -d com.apple.quarantine /Applications/[app_name].app
4. hit enter

4.00 star(s) 105 Votes