Sidharth Gaur

Oct 19, 2018
If you got any old versions of the game I suggest that you copy the "Intro_bugs"-picture into the folder. I'll upload it if you deleted the old versions already. I've seen that some pictures that is requested in the game is in the "Win update Only"-version and some in the others. But I haven't been able to play through the whole update yet. So wait for the full release for this update.
Thanks Humato

naurd

Dec 30, 2020
why then in Ren'Py version an end?
I would assume because it wouldn't make sense for a ren'py game for continue on endlessly with the same repeatable scenes. The person who made the game said there is no hard end. If you don't believe them I don't know what to tell you.

Geko1711

Nov 5, 2019
The Problem at the RPGM Version is you can't play the scene with the man on the bench! bench

but in the Ren'Py it is possible, why?
Whoever developed the game is the one who made it in RPGM! Whoever made the game in RENPY just adapted the RPGM game to the needs of lazy people who don't like the playfulness of an RPGM. But let's be clear that The Office Wife created by Jsdeacon in RPGM and not the other way around.

defd©™

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
The Problem at the RPGM Version is you can't play the scene with the man on the bench! bench

but in the Ren'Py it is possible, why?
It works if you go at the park at the correct time...(at the version 067) I think in the morning before office or before lunch
I have not tested in 070

Reactions: darlic

Sinedio

Jan 28, 2019
the game freezes on animations, starting from version 0.67, the same in 0.70. It was working perfect until 0.66
I have traced it back to being an issue with whatever version of nwjs they are using since 0.67. I still have version 0.66 and used the nwjs from that with the data from release 0.70. It works fine.

So what you need to do if you still have the 0.66 files:

In the 0.70 release folder:
In the folder "The Office Wife" you select all and then de-select the folder named "www" and the file named "package.json". Then shift-delete everything else

In the 0.66 relaese folder:
In the folder "The Office Wife" you select all and then de-select the folder named "www" and the file named "package.json". Then "Copy" the selected items in the folder you just cleaned-up previously.

The above "works for me (tm)"

Reactions: Lota and bai_pyrvan

jsdeacon

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2019
You are very likely right. The question I can't figure out is why. It works fine on most machines, but seems to randomly give others problems. This makes it difficult to test because I can't replicate the problem. Also, the updated nw.js is theoretically supposed to work much better than the ancient version that natively comes with RPGM MV. For the public release of TOW 0.70, I am reverting to nw.js 0.44.6 in the hopes that it helps. There is scant information on this issue, but from what I've read, that is a stable version that hopefully works for more people. If anyone knows more about this issue, please let me know as I'd like to figure it out.

I have traced it back to being an issue with whatever version of nwjs they are using since 0.67. I still have version 0.66 and used the nwjs from that with the data from release 0.70. It works fine.

So what you need to do if you still have the 0.66 files:

In the 0.70 release folder:
In the folder "The Office Wife" you select all and then de-select the folder named "www" and the file named "package.json". Then shift-delete everything else

In the 0.66 relaese folder:
In the folder "The Office Wife" you select all and then de-select the folder named "www" and the file named "package.json". Then "Copy" the selected items in the folder you just cleaned-up previously.

The above "works for me (tm)"

Reactions: HanktheHunk3
4.00 star(s) 105 Votes