3.60 star(s) 5 Votes

What would be the next fetish/activity/thing you would like Wegild to do?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
May 16, 2022
Hi there!
Thank you for this opinion, especially the movement part. Movement was already scaled down by about 13% comparing to the last update, I am thinking of decreasing it more, along with a little "recovery" time after a jump and stuff like that. I'm replaying through some of the platformers I played in the past to better "catch" that feeling of good movement, but it sort of eludes me at the moment. However, thanks to your comment I will get a little closer to that!
And when it comes to your last sentence, haha yeah, got something like that planned, maybe not for the next update but in 2 at the earliest.
I don't really mind the lack of delay on jumping honestly, but yeah slower movement would go a long way to making it feel like your movement has that "tight" feeling that's important for any metroidvania style platformer game.

Honestly keep up the great work, you're really onto something here if those updates have what I hope they'll have i'm going to be a VERY happy player. Will probably look to pick up supporting you on substar/patreon around that point too.

Reactions: WegildDev

WegildDev

Game Developer
May 29, 2024
I don't really mind the lack of delay on jumping honestly, but yeah slower movement would go a long way to making it feel like your movement has that "tight" feeling that's important for any metroidvania style platformer game.

Honestly keep up the great work, you're really onto something here if those updates have what I hope they'll have i'm going to be a VERY happy player. Will probably look to pick up supporting you on substar/patreon around that point too.
Thank you again, say, could you give me some examples of Metroidvania games that, according to you, have the movement done "Top-Notch" when it comes to overall movement? I have some of my own games that I take inspiration from but having more games to compare would always be a benefit.

Also, if you want to keep up to date with the project, let me cordially invite you to my Discord server ^^

I try to be as open to the community as possible, feel free to dm me as well should you have any more opinions and/or ideas ^^.

WegildDev

Game Developer
May 29, 2024
If only she was as buff as that orc girl zoria from allfenom
Sorry, I'm not that type of a gobbo ^^, also I'm really bad at drawing sexy musculature. I will add a muscular or 2 NPC's in the future (female and male one) but I will keep Wegild's body type as it is I believe.

May 16, 2022
Thank you again, say, could you give me some examples of Metroidvania games that, according to you, have the movement done "Top-Notch" when it comes to overall movement? I have some of my own games that I take inspiration from but having more games to compare would always be a benefit.

Also, if you want to keep up to date with the project, let me cordially invite you to my Discord server ^^

I try to be as open to the community as possible, feel free to dm me as well should you have any more opinions and/or ideas ^^.
If you need any in particular i'd give both Castlevania Symphony of the Night - Metroid Dread for a more modern one that did it right. You can go quite fast in Metroid Dread, but it never really feels like you're escaping the ground as you move around in that one.

Bit of an addendum I felt I should add. Metroid Dread is fairly difficult as far as the Metroidvania genre of platformer/sidescrollers go and if you want to actually play it it'll definitely test your familiarity with both combat and the movement systems the morph ball gives you in that game.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: WegildDev
3.60 star(s) 5 Votes