4.10 star(s) 9 Votes

WegildDev

Game Developer
May 29, 2024
Played the game last month, gonna try the most recent release. Fantastic stuff, and I would say it's better than that one similar, cancelled Newgrounds H game - particularly because you included pregnancy content.

Just wondering: Will you be able to have lesbian sex with Fizwiz, and possibly even get her involved with the prostitution schemes? That'd be hot to see - especially if you can customize her "clothes", dildo trib with her vaginally, anally and orally, etc.

Also, what's the point of being able to get pregnant in different ways when giving up guarantees it? If you don't give up and lose consciousness, will you ever be able to get pregnant outside the safe zone hub area? I was only able to get Wegild pregnant with the latest release after returning her to the hub.

Look forward to hearing from you and seeing your next releases.

By the way, I discovered a glitch with the latest version: I killed one of the female driders, but even after doing so, she still grabbed Wegild and the sex sequence was subsequently executed, but both Wegild and the female drider were invisible. I also couldn't leave this state - the game was just soft-locked at that point, and I had to go into Task Manager to exit the game.

My recommendation to fix this issue is to shut down any and all possible states as soon as an Enemy dies - set bCanFuck to false, etc, and ensure that you're not doing this using something asynchronous like multi-threading, Parallel.ForEach, etc.
Hey there!
First of all, thank you a ton for trying out the game.
Starting with the glitch you encountered, the enemy states should end correctly on enemy death, however the control was not regained to the player correctly when it happened after the sex was initiated, at least that is my theory. I have a few possible fixes in mind to resolve this issue, such as sending a "signal" to the class controlling sex that the participant is gone and to let the player regain controls + to restart Wegild's animator.
I appreciate a ton that you reported this issue, will most likely fix it in the next release ^^

About Fizwiz, I have a scene planned with her along with her involvement in the prostitution scheme, although in a more dominant role ^^

The case with the pregnancy being guaranteed on a defeat scene is, at least logically, sound to me. The time spent as a "guest" of a particular race is not defined and pregnancy would be guaranteed at this point. When it comes to situations when Wegild is already inseminated at the point of defeat... well it was just my indecision what to do with the current pregnancy. This might change in the future.

The "normal" pregnancy system works in the following way:
1. Get inseminated
2. Return to hub
3. Sleep
After that pregnancy will progress to the next stage
There will be a more dynamic pregnancy system in the future, which will allow the pregnancy to proceed during the normal gameplay, but it will be some time before I can implement such a solution :)

Yours,
~WegildDev

affordablesmile

Oct 22, 2023
This game is now my top focus. I will watch it very closely and hope the Dev continues to focus on gameplay mechanics rather than story. I would even be fine with a Goblin life/tribe simulator. I will buy it completed and buy it again if steam.

• Red Heart
Reactions: WegildDev

WegildDev

Game Developer
May 29, 2024
This game is now my top focus. I will watch it very closely and hope the Dev continues to focus on gameplay mechanics rather than story. I would even be fine with a Goblin life/tribe simulator. I will buy it completed and buy it again if steam.
Hey there friend!
I try to strike a balance between a coherent story and (I hope) interesting mechanics ^^.
To me, you cannot have a good game without those, although if you worry about the game becoming a VN at one point, then worry not, it will not be one ^^
Currently my main focus is on the combat mechanics, as well as implementing the non combat sex encounters + further improvements to the quest system. After the 0.2 update is done, I hope to start tinkering more with the pregnancy system and give it depth it truly deserves ^^

There are still many things to do, we are far away from the complete release. But, if you are up for a long ride, I can promise you an interesting journey. As to the destination, let's just say I will give it my all ^^

Reactions: gojira667

SpikyCookie

Apr 2, 2023
Haven't read the entire thread so this may have been asked before, but:

Will the preg mechanic be restricted to the town only like it currently is, or will it have some sort of actual gameplay presence?

WegildDev

Game Developer
May 29, 2024
Haven't read the entire thread so this may have been asked before, but:

Will the preg mechanic be restricted to the town only like it currently is, or will it have some sort of actual gameplay presence?
Hey there,
it will have gameplay presence, in the future I plan to make pregnancy progress in "real time" while on an adventure. The question is if it will progress to a certain point and then will need to progress in town or if we will have the MC fighting with a bigger belly (the main issue is to redraw the animations with a pregnant variant, which would take a lot of work). I will think about it at a later stage of the development ^^.

SpikyCookie

Apr 2, 2023
Most games with pregnancy as a mechanic seem to handle it by having the belly be a different layer / image placed over the sprite instead of redrawing the entire sprite for it. If the game can support it, that would probably be the most efficient method for implementing it.

I'd say it depends on how much of a core mechanic you want it to be. If it's supposed to be something that's highly prevalent in the game, then it's important that you avoid restricting it to very limited segments. If it's supposed to be just a bonus, then it is indeed not worth wasting significant dev time that would be better spent elsewhere. It's worth nothing that, for the reasons you mention, a pregnancy mechanic can turn into a bit of a rabbit hole where the entire game has to be built to accomodate it OR it ends up being restricted to game overs / specific animations only.

ecroose

Nov 12, 2019
make it so the more you get pregnant the more populated the abandoned underground hub city gets

WegildDev

Game Developer
May 29, 2024
Most games with pregnancy as a mechanic seem to handle it by having the belly be a different layer / image placed over the sprite instead of redrawing the entire sprite for it. If the game can support it, that would probably be the most efficient method for implementing it.

I'd say it depends on how much of a core mechanic you want it to be. If it's supposed to be something that's highly prevalent in the game, then it's important that you avoid restricting it to very limited segments. If it's supposed to be just a bonus, then it is indeed not worth wasting significant dev time that would be better spent elsewhere. It's worth noting that, for the reasons you mention, a pregnancy mechanic can turn into a bit of a rabbit hole where the entire game has to be built to accommodate it OR it ends up being restricted to gameovers / specific animations only.
Hey again,
When it comes to the belly image suggestion, it is a pretty good one and would work if I used sprites that are connected with each other by usage of bones, such as the dev of Unaware in the City does. Then it would be indeed as you say, change the animation a bit in the engine, place a pregnant belly and we can be done with it. All of my sprites are drawn and animated in Aseprite, so I cannot really place an image over my sprite in the game engine. I need to draw the belly in Aseprite as well, and while I could just, you know, draw a pregnant belly on a separate layer and just move it around I would also like to account for a little more curvature here and there + bigger tits, change the walking animation so it looks more natural etc.
It's not like it would take me years to do that, just a week or 2 of dedicated effort with the current amount of sprites.
The implementation on the Engine side wouldn't be that bad as well, I would just have to add an Animator variant for preg and nonpreg and switch between them. The thing is, I prefer to think about it a little bit later when I have the pregnancy stages programmed in.

The pregnancy in my game is a core mechanic. The system was written in a way to be pretty modular and "easy to work with", meaning that when I can expand it to the other parts of the game and easily use the data from it in other systems. I wanted to reiterate that yes, while the pregnancy progression being limited to Bloodcaet for now might be disappointing, it is only a temporary measure.

WegildDev

Game Developer
May 29, 2024
make it so the more you get pregnant the more populated the abandoned underground hub city gets
Something like that will be there in the future, the pregnancy mechanic will be required to progress with the town further and by... unlocking upgrades there would be visual changes just like the one you described.

4.10 star(s) 9 Votes