Unity The Outcast Tribe [v0.1 Hotfix 1] [WegildDev]

3.60 star(s) 5 Votes

gfxrtu

Sep 23, 2017
im still having that ''e'' button problem its only working in menu not in game its simply unplayable with that bug, for me at least

WegildDev

Game Developer
May 29, 2024
im still having that ''e'' button problem its only working in menu not in game its simply unplayable with that bug, for me at least
I have an idea, and I'm sorry to ask you but I have no way of replicating this error, and by agreeing you would greatly help in development and help other players as well.

If you DM me I will provide you with a special build of the game that would have error logging enabled and would ask you to record the game up until you encounter this problem (So after you click on a new game and choose a save slot.

If you don't have patience for it, I completely understand, I just want you to know that I truly want you to experience the game and to deal with this technical issue ASAP.

LowLevelLesser

Feb 8, 2021
Wouldn't the MC be classified as a hobgoblin since she is larger and smarter than a regular one? Other than that bit of me being pedantic, this project seems like it could end up being really good. I'll be keeping an eye on the next few updates to see how this is going for sure.

• Love
Reactions: WegildDev

WegildDev

Game Developer
May 29, 2024
Hi all,

Announcing the release of the Roadmap for 2024! You can find it under the Patreon link below (it is public).

Should you have any questions as to any parts of the roadmap, please consider DMing me, I will answer to the best of my ability!

Yours,
~WegildDev

parjoala

Aug 23, 2017
Hi all,

Announcing the release of the Roadmap for 2024! You can find it under the Patreon link below (it is public).

Should you have any questions as to any parts of the roadmap, please consider DMing me, I will answer to the best of my ability!

Yours,
~WegildDev
Took me a bit to make sense of the minor/major updates thing. Why didn't you just call major updates milestones?

Anyway, keep up the good work!

WegildDev

Game Developer
May 29, 2024
Took me a bit to make sense of the minor/major updates thing. Why didn't you just call major updates milestones?

Anyway, keep up the good work!
Thank you, at the time it seemed to be the proper naming convention, maybe due to my previous experience that was not in gamedev. I work that way in my job so I just automatically translated some corporate buzzwords like User Stories, Features and Epics to the words I know in Gamedev ^^. Sorry about that!

ohaipo1

Apr 16, 2020
View attachment 3756033

Basically if you lose to someone (your amount of hearts comes to 0, just like your hp) you will encounter a soft_bad_end during which you will have a 100% of pregnancy (doesn't work with spiders and the boss currently). Or, you can loose all 3 stages of the animations and have a 10 percent chance every 60 seconds that you will get pregnant. Womb stores seed for 60 seconds, after which a calculation takes place if Wegild is impregnated or not, then the seed gets deleted (I knoooow it doesn't really work like that but yeah, as I said it's a start ^^). Base chance is 10% so you might have been mighty unlucky, if you, however, get to a funnily high number of encounters and still not get pregnant throw me your save file, I'll take a look at it.
I shall do that at 69 encounters

• Haha

oeswapi

Dec 14, 2020
I don't know what you're going for but i hope you put more of those great pixel animations in your game and not go full on story mode, love them!

• Red Heart

gfxrtu

Sep 23, 2017
I have an idea, and I'm sorry to ask you but I have no way of replicating this error, and by agreeing you would greatly help in development and help other players as well.

If you DM me I will provide you with a special build of the game that would have error logging enabled and would ask you to record the game up until you encounter this problem (So after you click on a new game and choose a save slot.

If you don't have patience for it, I completely understand, I just want you to know that I truly want you to experience the game and to deal with this technical issue ASAP.
hello thank you for your attention to my comment but it seems i cant dm to you it says '' You may not start a conversation with the following recipients: WegildDev.''

WegildDev

Game Developer
May 29, 2024
hello thank you for your attention to my comment but it seems i cant dm to you it says '' You may not start a conversation with the following recipients: WegildDev.''
In case you won't see it, I reached out to you via a f95 dm.

Arsteel

Jul 12, 2022
Where the fuck are the human merchants on the map in the quest to find them because ive searched everywhere and i cant find them

WegildDev

Game Developer
May 29, 2024
Where the fuck are the human merchants on the map in the quest to find them because ive searched everywhere and i cant find them
Once you are in the Glitterwald Forest, head left and enter the cave. On one of the underground levels there is an entrance where you will find them.

The louder the chains are clanging the closer you are ^^

Mar 23, 2022
So fun fact. It's possible to bug the game in the tutorial area causing a softlock. I think it might have something to do with dying in the first pit at the right time before it warps you back to the start but I haven't been able to replicate it in my two other runs. The bug disables the quest progressing meaning it's stuck on moveing foward.

WegildDev

Game Developer
May 29, 2024
So fun fact. It's possible to bug the game in the tutorial area causing a softlock. I think it might have something to do with dying in the first pit at the right time before it warps you back to the start but I haven't been able to replicate it in my two other runs. The bug disables the quest progressing meaning it's stuck on moveing foward.
I might have an idea, is it possible that after you died it was your last "heart"? IF you die before finishing the tutorial and lose all the lives the game session should restart completely, along with the quest system. However, truth be told, I have not put much time in testing what happens afterwards, since it is a very isolated and specific scenario (dying 3 times in the tutorial). I will check it out nontheless but adding it as a low-priority bug for now.

Reactions: Edhinor
Mar 23, 2022
I might have an idea, is it possible that after you died it was your last "heart"? IF you die before finishing the tutorial and lose all the lives the game session should restart completely, along with the quest system. However, truth be told, I have not put much time in testing what happens afterwards, since it is a very isolated and specific scenario (dying 3 times in the tutorial). I will check it out nontheless but adding it as a low-priority bug for now.
I did lose all my hearts like three or four times, so probably. As for the dying 3 times in the tutorial it seems possible. I was having issues where after an attack or block if I held left or right it would keep running with no input from me. It made fighting a little challenging.

WegildDev

Game Developer
May 29, 2024
I did lose all my hearts like three or four times, so probably. As for the dying 3 times in the tutorial it seems possible. I was having issues where after an attack or block if I held left or right it would keep running with no input from me. It made fighting a little challenging.
This bug came with a hotfix where I redid the calculations for movement speed, and moved them to another code block. Now it is possible to start an attack when jumping as well, the animation starts, gets dropped but the sound plays. The same for attacks and blocks, there is a slight possibility that a movement input goes through. It should be fixed for the next content update.

WegildDev

Game Developer
May 29, 2024
virus detected :confused:
It was already reported to me that windows defender erroneously can flag the zip file with the game as a virus, either Bladabindi or Phonzy, which only appear when downloading or trying to unzip the file. It is most likely (95%) caused by the naming of the file and the fact that it contains an exe with the game.
1719307990577.png
1719308038262.png
I can assure you that I have not put anything malicious into the game files and/or code. I was also not able to replicate the issue on my side.

ROABE

Nov 10, 2023
This bug came with a hotfix where I redid the calculations for movement speed, and moved them to another code block. Now it is possible to start an attack when jumping as well, the animation starts, gets dropped but the sound plays. The same for attacks and blocks, there is a slight possibility that a movement input goes through. It should be fixed for the next content update.
Came back to report this, but I can replicate the bug every time; hold D, continue to hold D and attack, switch from holding D to holding A halfway through the attack animation, after the attack animation Weglid will erroneously continue to run to the right for as long as the A key continues to be held.
Didn't happen in the previous build, sounds like you've found the problem though

3.60 star(s) 5 Votes