VN Ren'Py The Psychologist [v2.0] [PhillyGames]

2.00 star(s) 1 Vote

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
It don't open.

Now before you all jump on a hate train, allow me to explain. I don't know why it's not opening. If I did, I would've fixed it and then told the author why it wasn't opening.

But to clarify, I am on Linux, and when I click the shell program, a shell instance pops up, but only for maybe a second, before closing automatically. And, I've also done the little trick where you go into the properties of the game and make it so you can execute it as a program, and also the two files with the same name as the game in the lib/linux-i686 and lib/linux-x86_64. Unfortunately, that's always worked before and so now I don't know what to do to fix it.

I have also included the log.txt to see if that helps find anything wrong. Thank you, and I hope you have a great night/day.
Indeed. That is odd. It is as if renpy didn't get loaded/started/called at all:unsure:. The log file you attached appears to be the the log.txt file that was included within the zip file that you downloaded. It says so at the top (shows Windows 8 as the Operating System):
Code:
Sat Jun 25 11:25:27 2022
Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.2.2.491

Bootstrap to the start of init.init took 0.09s
Early init took 0.00s
Loader init took 0.26s
Loading error handling took 0.09s
Loading script took 0.89s
Loading save slot metadata. took 0.12s
Loading persistent took 0.00s
Importing _renpysteam: ImportError('No module named _renpysteam',)
Set script version to: (7, 2, 2)

I am playing the game on Linux but did not encounter any issue. The log.txt shows:

Code:
$ cat log.txt
Fri Jul  1 23:17:42 2022
Linux-5.4.0-121-generic-x86_64-with-debian-bullseye-sid
Ren'Py 7.2.2.491

Bootstrap to the start of init.init took 0.07s
Early init took 0.01s
Loader init took 0.60s
Loading error handling took 0.18s
Loading script took 1.37s
Loading save slot metadata. took 0.34s
Loading persistent took 0.00s
Importing _renpysteam: ImportError('No module named _renpysteam',)
Set script version to: (7, 2, 2)
Can you try launching from the terminal? If you are in the terminal and are in the main folder of the game, you can launch it by ./Psych.sh
(Type or copy paste the text after the $ prompt into your terminal $ prompt and hit/press Enter after that)
Code:
$./Psych.sh
Usually that will give more (possibly detailed) error message. If that fails, you can try asking help by posting the texts in your terminal on the Playing On Linux thread.

Last edited:
2.00 star(s) 1 Vote