LionHeart131

May 23, 2018
Game seems like it'll be good. I personally don't mind the goofy nature and jokes for the good guy route, but for the bad guy route there may need to be some changes as it's kind of weird storytelling wise.

Reactions: PapaPhat

ponk01

Jan 1, 2019
i see a twi'lek im sold
if you talk about the girl at the left of the MC when we face him on the banner,
HOW? HOW do you confuse a twi'lek with this others specie???
like this specie have several more appendices than a twi'lek on her head,
and the eyes.

ponk01

Jan 1, 2019
i don't know if my mc gonna be "the romantic Hero" or "another tyran" but what i know
is that i'm gonna send him in this alien girl pant as soon as possible !!! ;)

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Marniz Productions,
Okay... going to rip off the band-aid all in one go here... starting with what I liked and continuing to what desperately needs to improve...
First, the characters are very well rendered which is a huge plus. I love games that allow you to make choices that affect how the game plays and eventually affects the outcome in the endings which is another HUGE plus. I also enjoy the story premise and plot which could be much better if not for the utterly atrocious English grammar and usage. The English in game is horrible and often difficult to read. You need a competent English editor for your dialogue scripting. Lastly, Captain Cortez comes off as overly goofy. It is somewhat endearing if we play him as the generous buffoon yet will come across as totally ridiculous if the player chooses to play this MC as a tyrant. You may wish to tone him down a few shades to something less overt, especially at the very beginning. Currently, he is like Jim Carey meets Robin Williams, both having manic episodes and jacked up on crystal meth! It's more annoying than funny at that point. Having Cortez hide his tactical brilliance and combat prowess behind a wall of humor and buffoonery is difficult to get right but can be done. The humor needs to be a bit more subdued, IMHO. More like Galaxy Quest and less like Mel Brooks' Space Balls would be moving in the right direction, I think.
Overall, I gave this title a hearty thumbs up because there are no issues that cannot be fixed at this point being so early on into development and there is much to like and enjoy. I have been playing Cortez as the kind and generous gentleman rather than tyrant up front. Sneaking past the Peacekeepers wearing drag to get aboard our ship was hilarious! Cortez and Bart's banter on the bridge was pretty funny too, having them play off each other like some old married couple was a good chuckle, reminded me of Lucy and Ricky in I love Lucy. I have also played the more violent, tyrannical options as well which is how I realized that the buffoonery is ridiculous against the tyranny.
That said, I am very much interested in seeing more. If I didn't find this interesting I would simply delete it and move on. That is certainly NOT the case here. I like what I have seen thus far and would very much enjoy seeing more. Just get a competent English editor and look at both MC paths to balance the humor accordingly and you should be fine going forward. Sincere thanks for sharing this in the F95 forums.
Adventure ever on my friends, Phat:cool:(y)

SecretSal

Aug 25, 2016
I like the goofiness. The scenes with MC disguising his way past the guards and dueling with his kitchen bot are gold. In contrast, the relationship with Selena seems a bit awkward, like they jumped to being comfortable teasing each other very quick. Don't know if that changes on the bad boy route, though.

Good potential, though. Looking forward to another 'scrappy underdog against the big bad' story. There's a reason why it's a classic trope.

bruce555

Sep 7, 2019
It would be more intuitive to have a "return" button when you are in the save screen.

joryh

Nov 8, 2021
It's decent. You could use a proofreader. It has that awkward ESL writing, but somehow still managed to create some decent dialogues. I liked the characters for the most part. The plot is pretty standard rebel vs Empire stuff. It feels a bit amateurish, especially when the MC decides to fight the Governor without much deliberation. The renders are not anything super amazing, but the game has style. I like the environment and the character intros with the names in that stylish font.

The biggest problem I am seeing is that the bad guy choices for the MC does not really fit his backstory and persona. Picking good choices seem like the natural thing for him. He is a super soldier who is putting up a goofy facade to put people at ease and underplay his skills. He has a good heart and helps the unfortunate with his hard earned credits. This is all congruent with the good guy choices. If you pick the bad guy choices, it doesn't quite fit the conversations he has with Selena and his backstory of helping out the poor. This is a very common problem with good/evil choices. You need to check the MC's alignment a lot more to offer alternate text to make this convincing. Otherwise, the MC just comes off as crazy.

Good luck on the game.
I dunno. I generally come across as a dick to ppl I don't know or trust. But every one of my family who have had kids have asked me to be the one to take care of them if they die. And my niece became the latest one in the list last week. She's over visiting for the first time with her first that's less then a year old. Who will go from crying to smiling when she looks at me. I dunno why I have that effect on kids and cats. But despite deliberately being a dick in many cases, everyone who knows me knows I am hyper protective of kids, cats and certain chosen others, and very vengeful to those who hurt them. (My prefered punishement for child murderer/rapists, for example, includes flaying, dousing in salted lemon juice, covering them in honey, and staking them out over an anthill surrounded by CCTV's so they have no choice buy to watch themselves be eaten to death through their lidless eyes. Kinda think that would fall on the evil path. Tho if you want to go by DnD deffs, I consider myself chaotic neutral) And not just kids and cats, but those are the standouts. That's why they have this word: Facade.

Last edited:

bosp

Jan 3, 2018
Well... good new SF-themed games are pretty rare so cheers for trying to make one, however... turning the MC into a goofy comedic idiot savant with the social skills of a brick wall does not bode well.
Eventually, you will have to decide if you want to make a serious game out of this, or are you going the full "MC is an obnoxious moron" way?

Armnorn

Jan 27, 2021
I did enjoy what I have played so far though there were some parts I didn't enjoy. The MC acting like a total dumbass at times is just annoying. Having him crack jokes would be fine but doing fucking handstands to get attention from random women? Not a huge fan of a MC like that. Though it is easy to overlook.

There are some grammar mistakes here and there. You might want to consider getting a proofreader.

But my biggest issue is how you chose to do the text boxes. Don't make me click for every single sentence. Unless it is meant to signify a pause just display all the lines for the screen at once. Don't have me click 3 times per text box. If there are 3 sentences in the text box just display them when initially showing the text box. Don't have me click for each sentence. It completely disrupts my reading flow. Which pulls me out of the experience. Please fix this part.

Great work otherwise though. Looking forward to more.

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
I did enjoy what I have played so far though there were some parts I didn't enjoy. The MC acting like a total dumbass at times is just annoying. Having him crack jokes would be fine but doing fucking handstands to get attention from random women? Not a huge fan of a MC like that. Though it is easy to overlook.

There are some grammar mistakes here and there. You might want to consider getting a proofreader.

But my biggest issue is how you chose to do the text boxes. Don't make me click for every single sentence. Unless it is meant to signify a pause just display all the lines for the screen at once. Don't have me click 3 times per text box. If there are 3 sentences in the text box just display them when initially showing the text box. Don't have me click for each sentence. It completely disrupts my reading flow. Which pulls me out of the experience. Please fix this part.

Great work otherwise though. Looking forward to more.
I agree about the silliness... Cortez acting like God's gift to women when first meeting Selena played well but the cartwheels and hand stands must go!
and if totally butchering the English language is a few mistakes here and there...
I guess I agree with that too. Hahaha :ROFLMAO: The dialogue needs some heavy editing.
I chimed in to completely agree on your final subject here... the click for every line in the same text box. That was incredibly annoying! Every click like that I found myself reading from the start of the box again only to find I had already read it! That is even worse than the games that insist on the slow roll of text showing only one letter at a time until all the dialogue is complete. That is really annoying as well but causing me to reread the same dialogue repeatedly is even worse. Hope that gets fixed too.

So far, I love what this game seems to want to do. I'm hopeful that the kinks and quirks are ironed out before the next update. I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing some intimate animations with MC and Selena! She is a total fox!

Adventure ever on my friend, Phat:cool:(y)

3.70 star(s) 6 Votes