cat9876

Jan 23, 2018
Yes...but she will join (forced either for you or main reception) after the London visit. So never pick Aria as head receptionist (no actual advantage but then Cassie will always replace her)....hire her though as secondary...that when when she leaves you actually get to hire/pick more than you would if you didn't hire her ;)
sorry im a bit confused. lets say i want kari or mallory as the senior receptionist, i have to take cassie at first, but then she leaves and you get to choose again? and your suggesting aria as the secondary? does it actually matter who you choose as the secondary?

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
sorry im a bit confused. lets say i want kari or mallory as the senior receptionist, i have to take cassie at first, but then she leaves and you get to choose again? and your suggesting aria as the secondary? does it actually matter who you choose as the secondary?
Yes it matters. There is a system to the receptionists.

If you have Aria as head...when she leaves, Cassie will always...always replace her. If you do not want Cassie as head receptionist, then make sure to not include her in the round one picks and do not hire Aria as the head receptionist. That way, you can then decide on the second picks (after London) whether you want her as your receptionist...or she will be mainly at the main reception and just help out near your office (and while not implemented yet, IIRC, second pick of the second round after calling Kiki, should be Lois new assistant/reception cover).

Cassie never leaves, only Aria leaves. However, if you ensure that Aria is the secondary, when she leaves, your head receptionist isn't replaced. Whatever you do, Cassie will always end up working for you, exactly when and where...you have a little more control over.

As for Kari/Mallory, in all my saves, even the sillier ones, I've never picked either of them because honestly, the arguments against are just too rational and logical so can't attest to if you can/what happens, though pretty sure you can't force the Mallory choice...not 100% though.

However, to add as a final word, there are still many bugs with the reception system (just another thing that needs adressing), people disappear yet dialogue says they are there...wrong person speaking to wrong character shown etc...however, what I explained above, will always either happen, or you can work around, depending on your initial picks are.

Remember, theoretically, in the second round picks, iirc...*thinks*...you call Kiki...then you are onto the receptionists. Lois will favour Cassie (if not already picked) or Chloe (from london office). Remember, read the text...she also needs a replacement PA for herself. IIRC, the first pick is to replace Aria (if you chose her originally, if chose her as head, Cassie auto replaces her), second pick should be for Lois P.A./Reception cover and the next two, one is extra for you, outside your office and the last will primarily work at the main reception away from your office.

Oh...and if anyone wondering, yeah...don't ask how Im know all that :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Mharryson69

May 22, 2022
Not trying to whiteout anything, the babies, from the 4 sisters, (which all come from the orphanage of the comp) are meant to secure a succesor, since MC has some strange genetic disease. (all explained in the ex girlfriend date at the coffee shop)
So having children is more a matter of securing the Family power and wealth, not necesary a love thing.
The Doc states that the sisters were created for 2 reasons. The first was to provide a safe and sure method for the MC to have Genetically clean(no disease) children with hopefully someone he does/can love.(Early childhood introductions - flashback with Mallory remembering Kari) The second was to have a possibility to save the life of the MC with the stem cells from the children between the 4 "sisters" and the MC. The children HAVE TO be between the MC and the sisters for the stem cells to be useful in creating a "fix" for the MC. His current projected life expectancy is about 5 years, if I remember correctly, without any intervention.

Reactions: Porthas and xapican

Mharryson69

May 22, 2022
The error has been fixed. The Mod had a problem that has been fixed. If you are still getting an error try re-uploading the Mod and replacing the files.

I'm getting a reduce lust error on all sex scenes I try to play with the 10.08 update with mod. My guess is that there is a mistake in the mod but that is only a guess as I have not played the game with-out the mod yet.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/ch75.rpy", line 1293, in script call
    call reduceLust( 100 )
    call reduceLust( 100 )
ScriptError: could not find label 'reduceLust'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    call reduceLust( 100 )
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1490, in execute
    rv = renpy.game.context().call(label, return_site=self.next.name)
    call reduceLust( 100 )
  File "renpy/script.py", line 918, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))
ScriptError: could not find label 'reduceLust'.

Windows-10-10.0.22621
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
The Roommate 0.10.08
Tue Jan 30 14:55:43 2024

danov17

Mar 31, 2018
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/JokerMod/JokerTextbox.rpy", line 129, in execute
    screen say(who, what):
    screen say(who, what):
  File "game/JokerMod/JokerTextbox.rpy", line 134, in execute
    window:
  File "game/JokerMod/JokerTextbox.rpy", line 145, in execute
    if persistent.say_window_alpha < 0.6:
  File "game/JokerMod/JokerTextbox.rpy", line 145, in <module>
TypeError: '<' not supported between instances of 'NoneType' and 'float'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "ch60.rpyc", line 2250, in script
  File "/Users/daniyuda/Desktop/renpy-8.0.3-sdk/The_Roommate-0.10.08-dists/The_Roommate.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ast.py", line 930, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/Users/daniyuda/Desktop/renpy-8.0.3-sdk/The_Roommate-0.10.08-dists/The_Roommate.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/exports.py", line 1473, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/Users/daniyuda/Desktop/renpy-8.0.3-sdk/The_Roommate-0.10.08-dists/The_Roommate.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/character.py", line 1352, in __call__
    self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, dtt=dtt, **display_args)
  File "/Users/daniyuda/Desktop/renpy-8.0.3-sdk/The_Roommate-0.10.08-dists/The_Roommate.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/character.py", line 1003, in do_display
    display_say(who,
  File "/Users/daniyuda/Desktop/renpy-8.0.3-sdk/The_Roommate-0.10.08-dists/The_Roommate.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/character.py", line 638, in display_say
    what_text = renpy.display.screen.get_widget(what_text[0], what_text[1], what_text[2])
  File "/Users/daniyuda/Desktop/renpy-8.0.3-sdk/The_Roommate-0.10.08-dists/The_Roommate.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/screen.py", line 1430, in get_displayable
    screen.update()
  File "/Users/daniyuda/Desktop/renpy-8.0.3-sdk/The_Roommate-0.10.08-dists/The_Roommate.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/screen.py", line 680, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
    screen say(who, what):
    screen say(who, what):
  File "game/JokerMod/JokerTextbox.rpy", line 134, in execute
    window:
  File "game/JokerMod/JokerTextbox.rpy", line 145, in execute
  File "game/JokerMod/JokerTextbox.rpy", line 145, in <module>
TypeError: '<' not supported between instances of 'NoneType' and 'float'

macOS-10.16-x86_64-i386-64bit x86_64
Ren'Py 8.1.1.23060707
The Roommate 0.10.08
Fri Feb  2 08:27:36 2024

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
The Doc states that the sisters were created for 2 reasons. The first was to provide a safe and sure method for the MC to have Genetically clean(no disease) children with hopefully someone he does/can love.(Early childhood introductions - flashback with Mallory remembering Kari) The second was to have a possibility to save the life of the MC with the stem cells from the children between the 4 "sisters" and the MC. The children HAVE TO be between the MC and the sisters for the stem cells to be useful in creating a "fix" for the MC. His current projected life expectancy is about 5 years, if I remember correctly, without any intervention.
that is what I meant, MC to achieve those 2 goals, don't have to be emotionally involved with neither of them, also the girls can have other man or intercourse with them, this would reduce it to a mere business transaction where the MC pay's for a whomb, similar how it is with Surrogate Parents IRL.
the player going on that path can't care less since if he choose that path there is no romantical involvement with Kari, he can choose the Alternative route with Lois as his girlfriend or Partner or what ever.
My expressed frustration in a previos post, was that I have no problem with Kari, and I treatet her allways good,
so I had to start a new playtrough an go against how I would treat a woman, to achieve the content of the last Update.
this is not a complaint since I choose willigly to go that path out of curiosity,

Reactions: sagerock820

RDFozz

Apr 1, 2022
that is what I meant, MC to achieve those 2 goals, don't have to be emotionally involved with neither of them, also the girls can have other man or intercourse with them, this would reduce it to a mere business transaction where the MC pay's for a whomb, similar how it is with Surrogate Parents IRL.
the player going on that path can't care less since if he choose that path there is no romantical involvement with Kari, he can choose the Alternative route with Lois as his girlfriend or Partner or what ever.
My expressed frustration in a previos post, was that I have no problem with Kari, and I treatet her allways good,
so I had to start a new playtrough an go against how I would treat a woman, to achieve the content of the last Update.
this is not a complaint since I choose willigly to go that path out of curiosity,
I believe Mharryson69 's point is that, if the girls are having sex with other men before she is pregnant, any pregnancies they have may not be the MC's child. If I recall correctly, they wouldn't be able to safely tell until the child was born. That could be nine month's less time for the stem cells the MC needs to be created.

I would imagine that, in most surrogacy situations, there is some sort of clause in the contract that says the surrogate can't risk getting pregnant with someone else's baby near when she's supposed to be getting pregnant with the surrogate baby. She is probably free to have sex once she's confirmed to be pregnant, but the people paying the surrogate are presumably going to be expecting the child's biological parents to be the ones they wanted.

Gojii

Oct 29, 2019
First time playing, and the busted phone got me actually laughing. Good way to set the tone, dev. :LUL:

(Also are the "codes" to enter patron codes or what?)

Update: 1706857772390.png
Why is this shit so damn funny to me, is it 2AM brain or what? :KEK:

Last edited:

Gman131

Sep 20, 2017
Would it be possible to get a non mixdrop mirror for the Walkthrough? Completely unable to access the site because of an SSL mismatch
Edit: whoopsies I put this on the wrong thread
A second Edit: I was right actually, for some reason I thought the walkthrough had it's own thread. Is there any chance of a different mirror for the walkthrough

Last edited:
Reactions: alpharenji2

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Would it be possible to get a non mixdrop mirror for the Walkthrough? Completely unable to access the site because of an SSL mismatch
Edit: whoopsies I put this on the wrong thread
A second Edit: I was right actually, for some reason I thought the walkthrough had it's own thread. Is there any chance of a different mirror for the walkthrough
Emelex's walkthrough mod does have it's own page. For Jokers, just get it from his Patreon, is a free dl link there.

Litvan

Aug 6, 2016
Either I've missed something, or there's a bug in the coding somewhere....

First round of picking girls for the reception, I picked Cassie and Jennie.. so far everything's fine...
At the second round of picking girls for the reception, I picked Carolyn and Vanessa... NOT Chloe

Now Carolyn is greeting me at the reception.. along with Chloe, whom I didn't pick....

The fuck happened to Vanessa?

Also, early in the game, I picked the option that Mallory could keep the penthouse... yet when I go to check out the new house with my GF's, Jed says on the phone that they're remodelling the penthouse... surely that wouldn't be needed if Mallory lives there? (and then I won't nit-pick on the fact that I opted NOT to see the whole "cow scene".. so technically I shouldn't know about the "cow shed", but it still gets mentioned as if I'm aware of its existence)

Last edited:
Reactions: kidderyao

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
First time playing, and the busted phone got me actually laughing. Good way to set the tone, dev. :LUL:

Update: View attachment 3318341
The "enter code" section is for cheats, for example, entering "Dirty Whore" gives you 500 gold and no cooldowns :Kappa::Kappa:

• Hey there
Reactions: Gojii

Jukke55

Oct 20, 2019

Update: View attachment 3318341
I have looked in the script as I wondered the same, but they are just so togs can test and debug the game.

Gojii

Oct 29, 2019
I like Lois so much to be part of the gf harem, but backtracking to the submissive route got me like:
1706888041388.png

burlax12

Mar 5, 2019
So Lois gonna be on Lactomax anyway? What's the point of making us choose in a previous dialogue if she was going to do it anyway? Tch.

RDFozz

Apr 1, 2022
So Lois gonna be on Lactomax anyway? What's the point of making us choose in a previous dialogue if she was going to do it anyway? Tch.
Minor change of plans on the dev's part. From what we've been told, the results should be functionally the same. I recall a lot of concern that Lactomax would affect Lois' intelligence; either it won't at all, or it won't if you didn't want Lactomax.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Gojii
3.80 star(s) 76 Votes