Mod Ren'Py The Roommate [v0.11.04 Public] - Walkthrough Plus+ Mod

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes

Tanaxanth

Donor
Mar 2, 2018
There was a problem with the mod, which I believe was present in the base game as well, that prevented two of the phone buttons on the right from being usable, but I thought I corrected it a while ago. Is there some additional problem with them?
Nope, I just hadn't gotten far enough in the game yet.
Thanks

Reactions: Emelex

Scet

Jul 11, 2020
Received the following error on day 40 after selecting "Keep it professional":
1697420858031.png

The same error has come up a few times (chose to ignore) since and then I got a message saying I hadn't played Day 40 and to go back and replay or some of the Mod hints would not display.
Can you fix it?

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
Received the following error on day 40 after selecting "Keep it professional":
View attachment 3009429

The same error has come up a few times (chose to ignore) since and then I got a message saying I hadn't played Day 40 and to go back and replay or some of the Mod hints would not display.
Can you fix it?
A quick fix for it might be to Shift+O into console just before you hit the error, type "roleplay = false" (no quotes), and keep going from there. Unless you want to roleplay, in which case you need to select a relationship with Lois on Day 40 that isn't "Just keep it professional" or "Just sex (with no strings)". (I didn't see the point in Lois roleplaying as a slut if she already was one or your relationship is just all business.) I'll admit that it might very well be the result of an oversight on my part, and I'll try to take steps to see if I can correct it.
Is there any chance you could post a copy of your save from right before you start getting the errors, and/or tell me all of the choices you made on day 40 from the start of the day to the start of the errors?

Last edited:

Pi Quantum

Jan 19, 2021
I didn't have any luck with roleplay = false (with or without the space), as you can see in the attached screenshot. Also attached saves from Day 39 (refusing Lois choice) and Day 40, just before the error. Earlier choices were complete monogamy, avoiding the barista, etc.

Day 40 choices were:- 'Quietly take care of it', 'Just keep it professional', then 'I understand' and 'Good. I truly believe we can achieve great things together', just before the error. Hope this helps.

2023-10-16 15_30_18-The Roommate.jpg View attachment 5-5-LT1.save View attachment 5-6-LT1.save

Scet

Jul 11, 2020
A quick fix for it might be to Shift+O into console just before you hit the error, type "roleplay = false" (no quotes), and keep going from there. Unless you want to roleplay, in which case you need to select a relationship with Lois on Day 40 that isn't "Just keep it professional" or "Just sex (with no strings)". (I didn't see the point in Lois roleplaying as a slut if she already was one or your relationship is just all business.) I'll admit that it might very well be the result of an oversight on my part, and I'll try to take steps to see if I can correct it.
Is there any chance you could post a copy of your save from right before you start getting the errors, and/or tell me all of the choices you made on day 40 from the start of the day to the start of the errors?
I will see what I can do as I was able to get to the end of the update without many issues (apart from the same error)

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
I didn't have any luck with roleplay = false (with or without the space), as you can see in the attached screenshot. Also attached saves from Day 39 (refusing Lois choice) and Day 40, just before the error. Earlier choices were complete monogamy, avoiding the barista, etc.

Day 40 choices were:- 'Quietly take care of it', 'Just keep it professional', then 'I understand' and 'Good. I truly believe we can achieve great things together', just before the error. Hope this helps.

View attachment 3009682 View attachment 3009683 View attachment 3009684
Okay, I'm encountering the error with that save, too. I think the problem was that there was a way to jump to a label called ".settled", which starts on line 1770, that skips my roleplay variable initialization. I've attached a hotfix patch to my mod that should fix the problem. Unpack the files to your /game/ directory and override the old files.

• Love
Reactions: Pi Quantum

Pi Quantum

Jan 19, 2021
Nailed it! Played from the first save to the end without any hiccups. Will test with a new game later, but it looks great so far. Thanks for the quick fix.

Scet

Jul 11, 2020
Nailed it! Played from the first save to the end without any hiccups. Will test with a new game later, but it looks great so far. Thanks for the quick fix.
Yep, agree you nailed it and did a great job!! Did another playthrough from start and had no errors!! Thanks!! :)

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
Yep, agree you nailed it and did a great job!! Did another playthrough from start and had no errors!! Thanks!! :)
You're welcome! I'll try to add those fixes into the main game archives on the front page when I have time.

Reactions: crisbr

Pi Quantum

Jan 19, 2021
Started a new game and sent Lois down the whore path, but had a weird image issue with Lois in the hotel on day 64. Went back and tried to repeat it so I could include a game save at that point, but failed. Will attach the image anyway in the hope that it helps and will upload a save later if I can repeat it.

2023-10-16 21_04_09-The Roommate.jpg

crisbr

Mar 12, 2018
You're welcome! I'll try to add those fixes into the main game archives on the front page when I have time.
Thxx so much for everything you help soo much Walkthrough Plus+ Mod please add more of lois xD

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
Started a new game and sent Lois down the whore path, but had a weird image issue with Lois in the hotel on day 64. Went back and tried to repeat it so I could include a game save at that point, but failed. Will attach the image anyway in the hope that it helps and will upload a save later if I can repeat it.

View attachment 3010161
You're right. With the font I use to edit the script files, lowercase Ls and 1s look the same, so I guess either I or togs must've accidentally used one when I should've used the other. I've updated the hotfix patch with the correction that should fix it:

Reactions: Pi Quantum

Pi Quantum

Jan 19, 2021
No chance of repeating it now, but I wasn't looking forward to multiple playthroughs trying to trigger it, so thanks for that!

1's and l's, 0's and O's - its the little things that conspire to trip you up when you least expect it. Don't know if I'm representative of most users, but if I can bypass an error with the Ignore option, I don't worry about it. A bug needs to stop the game in its tracks before I normally care enough to report it to the dev - which is probably why you guys don't get enough feedback about bugs. Sorry. :rolleyes:

Jul 16, 2018
I see a lot of bugfixes Emelex. Is the main download link the one with the latest fixes, or do we need to download some of the hot-fixes from your comment(s)?
For now, I downloaded the main mod file and also yesterday's hot-fix file.

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
I see a lot of bugfixes Emelex. Is the main download link the one with the latest fixes, or do we need to download some of the hot-fixes from your comment(s)?
For now, I downloaded the main mod file and also yesterday's hot-fix file.
The last hotfix in the comments and the one I posted on the front page are the same. But an earlier hotfix is also in an earlier comment, so I'd recommend getting it from the front page.

Reactions: Aurelius Ambrosius

asahibito

Modder
Jan 17, 2021
I noticed the mod overwrites the 00console.rpy file. Is the only change there to enable the console?

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
I noticed the mod overwrites the 00console.rpy file. Is the only change there to enable the console?
Yes, and it is mostly unnecessary due to changes I made to y_outline.rpy. I also think I corrected a few spelling errors in the comments, but that shouldn't affect the game.

asahibito

Modder
Jan 17, 2021
Yes, and it is mostly unnecessary due to changes I made to y_outline.rpy. I also think I corrected a few spelling errors in the comments, but that shouldn't affect the game.
Thanks for the clarification. I wanted to use the mod without needing to touch the renpy files.

Hbsmith

Jul 24, 2017
I got a bug on start up with the mod installed; but not when I tried the game without the mod.

UPDATE: It's really weird but somehow the mod made a bunch of the .rpy files change permission so I'm having to one by one, see which one triggers the error and then change the permission? There has to be an easier fix.

ANOTHER UPDATE: RESOLVED, I figured it out; sorry for wasting anybody's time!

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 4 Votes