Mod Ren'Py The Roommate [v0.11.04 Public] - Walkthrough Plus+ Mod

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes

OnlyWorthyDevsMakeMoney

Oct 31, 2021
That's not going to happen. Free users of MEGA.nz can only download so much data from it every several hours, but MediaFire has no such data cap.
Actually the limit for free users is 3GB every 24 hours, and your mod is less than 20MB.
MediaFire has already triggered my antivirus 7 times while trying to download this mod, and I am not going to shut it down for it.

tmargiotta44

Feb 7, 2022
Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Downloaded base game and Mod. Extracted base game just fine, but no matter how I extract Mod the Mod isn't installed in game. I have tried to do the following: extract into main game folder, copy and paste, delete all rpy files and leave rpyc files. I even got an option to replace all files and that still didn't work.

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
Actually the limit for free users is 3GB every 24 hours, and your mod is less than 20MB.
MediaFire has already triggered my antivirus 7 times while trying to download this mod, and I am not going to shut it down for it.
I will consider putting it on an additional file hosting website. But Build 0910 has already come out on Patreon, so it's only a matter of time before it's released here as well, so I might as well wait until then when I'll have to update my mod anyway.
Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Downloaded base game and Mod. Extracted base game just fine, but no matter how I extract Mod the Mod isn't installed in game. I have tried to do the following: extract into main game folder, copy and paste, delete all rpy files and leave rpyc files. I even got an option to replace all files and that still didn't work.
Post/send a screenshot of your \The_Roommate-0.9.9-pc\game\ folder; maybe I'll be able to find a problem that way.

Garybaldi

Jun 6, 2021
I get this error when using the game file

```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/functions.rpy", line 1276, in script
return( returnval )
Exception: Could not find return label u'_call_binarycheckbit_3'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
return( returnval )
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1567, in execute
next_node(renpy.game.context().lookup_return(pop=True))
File "renpy/execution.py", line 710, in lookup_return
raise Exception("Could not find return label {!r}.".format(self.return_stack[-1]))

Windows-10-10.0.22621
Ren'Py 7.4.10.2178
The Roommate 0.9.9
Sat Sep 9 10:28:56 2023
```

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
I get this error when using the game file

```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
return( returnval )

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
return( returnval )
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1567, in execute
next_node(renpy.game.context().lookup_return(pop=True))
File "renpy/execution.py", line 710, in lookup_return
raise Exception("Could not find return label {!r}.".format(self.return_stack[-1]))

Windows-10-10.0.22621
Ren'Py 7.4.10.2178
The Roommate 0.9.9
Sat Sep 9 10:28:56 2023
```
Mr. Garibaldi, here's the reason for your error: the functions.rpy file in the latest versions of the base game and JokerLeader's WT mod contain the following function definition line:
call binarycheckbit( options, 128 ) from _call_binarycheckbit_3
But in my version of the mod, I got rid of all the text that matches the regex pattern " from _call_[a-zA-Z0-9_]+" from all of the files. They weren't really necessary to make the game run, and I'd have to constantly update or remove them every time there was an update, so I figured they weren't worth the trouble. As best as I can figure, you must have been playing one of those other versions of the game first, then saved, then installed my mod, then loaded up the save.

There are only two methods I can think of that would fix the problem:
1. Restart and replay the entire game up to that point with my mod installed.
2. Go into your copy of /game/functions.rpy, find "call binarycheckbit( options, 128 )", which is on line 1077, and add " from _call_binarycheckbit_3" to the end of that line, then save it and reopen the game.

tmargiotta44

Feb 7, 2022
Emelex:

I've attached a screenshot of the \The_Roommate-0.9.9-pc\game\ folder. As you can see the rpy files and rpyc files are in the game folder (which I'm assuming means I've merged the Mod correctly).

I did try once more to see if it would fix itself. Game started up just fine, even said in the preferences that the Mod is on there (see other attachment) but no Mod options show in dialogue choices (see 3rd picture for normal dialogue options with Mod "installed").

If you need anything else let me know.

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
Emelex:

I've attached a screenshot of the \The_Roommate-0.9.9-pc\game\ folder. As you can see the rpy files and rpyc files are in the game folder (which I'm assuming means I've merged the Mod correctly).

I did try once more to see if it would fix itself. Game started up just fine, even said in the preferences that the Mod is on there (see other attachment) but no Mod options show in dialogue choices (see 3rd picture for normal dialogue options with Mod "installed").

If you need anything else let me know.
It looks like you installed it right. Wow, that is just fucked up. I mean, it should work. Look, this probably isn't going to fix it, but disconnect any game controllers you might have plugged into your computer, then right-click the exe in the game folder and run it in administrator mode to see if that changes anything.
If that doesn't work, extract all the game scripts from scripts.rpa with , then delete scripts.rpa, then put the loose game script files into the folder, then unpack my mod into the game folder and replace any conflicting files with my mod's. With the original scripts.rpa gone, the game will have no choice but to load mine instead.

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
Emelex are you planning to keep the mod updated or did you stop with jokers return?
while joker does great work your wt-mod was better.
I was doing the mod before Joker went on break, and I intend to continue it. But v0.9.12 just came out today, and Joker just posted his updated mod for it 40 minutes ago. I will finish updating my mod, but as always, it will take time.

Simulacrum29

Apr 20, 2018
I was doing the mod before Joker went on break, and I intend to continue it. But v0.9.12 just came out today, and Joker just posted his updated mod for it 40 minutes ago. I will finish updating my mod, but as always, it will take time.
i didnt want you to hurry on our account, i just wanted to ask because the last version was v9.9

Reactions: Emelex

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
i didnt want you to hurry on our account, i just wanted to ask because the last version was v9.9
Believe me, I wouldn't hurry on your account.
The reason for the larger difference in version numbers is because the last version of Joker's mod was v0.9.9 as well, and my mod is based off of his, and he only waited so long because togs was still in the process of finalizing things that were only completed in the v0.9.12 release. I believe v0.9.10 was a Patreon-only release for that same reason. Even so, I had already started work on v0.9.11 when v0.9.12 came out. What I'm trying to say is, counting the version numbers is an unreliable measurement of actual release time.
I'm currently working on v0.9.12 WT+ right now. No promises, but it should only take a few hours, unless something comes up.

EDIT: Something did come up, but I've almost finished the update. I just need to finish testing it, but during my tests, I found that clicking the new phone and IRIS buttons (which are idle in this case) just opens the calendar for some reason, and I can't finish/release the mod until I figure out why. My best guess so far is that togs made the calendar button's hitbox too wide, so the entire bottom-right corner of the screen is being taken up by the calendar button.

EDIT2: I fixed the issue; I just added xsize 90 & ysize 90 to the button attributes to give it a smaller hitbox.

Last edited:

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
It's coming. Emelex literally says that in the post above yours *shakes head*
Yes, it is coming. I'm working on the last day now; ch69. But while testing, I ran into another problem: way back in ch42, I accidentally reassigned the variable I set up in ch40 to track Lois's pre-roleplay relationship with the player. Which means the game hasn't been properly tracking it. So saves made with earlier versions of the mod won't remember it correctly. People who really care about that will have to replay the mod from the start of Chapter 42 or earlier, and for people who don't care and just want to move forward, I'll have to set up a questionnaire in ch69 to ask the player in the hopes they'll remember instead. This surprisingly long-standing mistake on my part is kind of embarrassing, and I'm sorry about that.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Yes, it is coming. I'm working on the last day now; ch69. But while testing, I ran into another problem: way back in ch42, I accidentally reassigned the variable I set up in ch40 to track Lois's pre-roleplay relationship with the player. Which means the game hasn't been properly tracking it. So saves made with earlier versions of the mod won't remember it correctly. People who really care about that will have to replay the mod from the start of Chapter 42 or earlier, and for people who don't care and just want to move forward, I'll have to set up a questionnaire in ch69 to ask the player in the hopes they'll remember instead. This surprisingly long-standing mistake on my part is kind of embarrassing, and I'm sorry about that.
I can imagine that must be annoying. Take your time.

BigJeff4

Aug 27, 2021
ohhh my bad i thought u said u fixed it and it was up or something. apologies

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
I can imagine that must be annoying. Take your time.
ohhh my bad i thought u said u fixed it and it was up or something. apologies
Alright, I just uploaded the latest version of the mod to MediaFire, and also to Mega.nz, because one of the users asked me to. I just read on togs' Patreon that there will be another update tomorrow, rendering this mod obsolete and in need of an update once again, so please enjoy it while you can.

Reactions: Maviarab

longjohngold

Jan 22, 2020
I dunno if it's due to the mod, as I've not tried without it, but whenever you load a save there's an error.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes