Mod Ren'Py The Roommate [v0.11.04 Public] - Walkthrough Plus+ Mod

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
Hey Emelex,

I've created a post in the OP of the game already, but I thought (in case you look more in your threads) I post the traceback in here as well (it occurs afte I was stabbed by Randy [I've started a new game with your mod]) - so here we are:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

if you need something else (screenshot, save-file), please let me know...

best regards
Okay, the problem is that you loaded a save from a different version of the game. Around Day 40 on my version, I defined a roleplay variable that pretty much can only be set there. If you don't want to go back and play the game from there with all the new features I added around it, and you just want to play the game from Day 66, load up your current save, type Shift+O, type roleplay = False in the console, press Enter, then press Shift+O again to re-hide the console.

2MoshPit

Sep 22, 2021
Okay, the problem is that you loaded a save from a different version of the game. Around Day 40 on my version, I defined a roleplay variable that pretty much can only be set there. If you don't want to go back and play the game from there with all the new features I added around it, and you just want to play the game from Day 66, load up your current save, type Shift+O, type roleplay = False in the console, press Enter, then press Shift+O again to re-hide the console.
- okay:
first, thank you for response. Second: I've started a hole new game with your mod added - I think, I've should stated this fact from the beginning...my bad - sry. I've said that in my post in the OP - so I thought it was okay to start a new game with it.
Here's the link to my post (just in case): https://f95zone.to/threads/the-roommate-v0-9-7-togs.79594/post-11554101

best regards

Reactions: Emelex

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
- okay:
first, thank you for response. Second: I've started a hole new game with your mod added - I think, I've should stated this fact from the beginning...my bad - sry. I've said that in my post in the OP - so I thought it was okay to start a new game with it.
Here's the link to my post (just in case): https://f95zone.to/threads/the-roommate-v0-9-7-togs.79594/post-11554101

best regards
Okay, I'll look into this issue, which seems separate from the one you posted about here previously. But in the future, if you have problems with my mod, you should only post them in this topic and not on togs'.

EDIT: I've found the problem. Your save's fatigue = -38. It probably shouldn't be that low, and thus the scene was not prepared for it, hence the error. I will make a fix for it in the long-term, but in the short-term, just set fatigue = 0 in the console and the save will work again.

EDIT 2:
I've added fixes to ch46.rpy and functions.rpy to keep fatigue from dropping below 0 to fix the issue. togs says there will be a new build this week, so I might as well wait till then to post an update to them here.

Last edited:

2MoshPit

Sep 22, 2021
Aaah - that worked! Thank you, thank you, thank you! (y)
For the posting in the OP: I was not shure, that your mod caused this effect, so I've tried at first there - then (after some thinking), I resumee (is that correct spell?), that could be the case - sooo...anyway: thanks for looking in it again!

best regards from Lower Saxony / Germany

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
Aaah - that worked! Thank you, thank you, thank you! (y)
For the posting in the OP: I was not shure, that your mod caused this effect, so I've tried at first there - then (after some thinking), I resumee (is that correct spell?), that could be the case - sooo...anyway: thanks for looking in it again!

best regards from Lower Saxony / Germany
When I loaded your save, you also had nearly $7.6 million in your in-game bank account, while the value in mine is less than $20K, so I don't think that can happen naturally in the game. I think you might have been altering variables in your game play-though, and that caused the crash. And though I think that would have indeed had the same effect on the base game, I'm not sure togs would be too eager to fix bugs that only occur through unwanted software tampering, if I am right about that.
Nonetheless, I did indeed upload the fix to my mod ahead of the update, just because I was updating the front page with a banner header image anyway. The save you uploaded should now work with my mod even without console commands.
And I assume the word you were trying to correctly spell was "presume".

Beste Grüße aus Nordamerika!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 2MoshPit

JJB2012

Jul 25, 2019
I got an error just before you choose Lois nickname, and for some reason Carolyn isn’t showing up

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
I got an error just before you choose Lois nickname, and for some reason Carolyn isn’t showing up
Two questions:
1. Are you using my mod on version 0.9.7 of the game?
2. If so, can you provide me with a copy of the errant save or at least an error log so I can figure out what went wrong?

JJB2012

Jul 25, 2019
Two questions:
1. Are you using my mod on version 0.9.7 of the game?
2. If so, can you provide me with a copy of the errant save or at least an error log so I can figure out what went wrong?
Yes I am,
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/ch65.rpy", line 508, in script
KeyError: u'type'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 716, in execute
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 1417, in say
  File "renpy/character.py", line 1210, in __call__
  File "renpy/character.py", line 1129, in prefix_suffix
  File "renpy/character.py", line 1109, in sub
  File "renpy/substitutions.py", line 270, in substitute
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 563, in vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 585, in _vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 646, in get_field
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 605, in get_value
That's not the only time she doesn't show up, every time she's supposed to be there she isn't.

GamleErik89

Sep 13, 2018
Love the mod Emelex! :D(y) Gives me all the things I'd have to keep a second save for, that I do not want as it feels unnecessary, especially with regards to Lois for instance, as I feel like she would be just as much a sub even on the gf path.:) Also works way better than JL's mod, as it does not throw all the exceptions and errors. Dont get me wrong, I love JLs work, but this title damn near gave me an aneurism with all the errors his mod threw.o_O You should try to get the mod thread linked in the games OP, as I had to scour the thread search to find the post with the link.

Edit: I should add that I only discovered you have it liked in your sig after I found it. My eyes suck, and I have dark mode on, so was hard to spot while skimming through. Cant wait to get the new set of glasses. Theese are far too worn out. Aviator frames with photocromic lenses will be a boon :KEK:

Last edited:

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
Yes I am,
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 716, in execute
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 1417, in say
  File "renpy/character.py", line 1210, in __call__
  File "renpy/character.py", line 1129, in prefix_suffix
  File "renpy/character.py", line 1109, in sub
  File "renpy/substitutions.py", line 270, in substitute
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 563, in vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 585, in _vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 646, in get_field
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 605, in get_value
That's not the only time she doesn't show up, every time she's supposed to be there she isn't.
I'm looking over the base game's files, and apparently Carolyn is not supposed to be available as a receptionist at this point in the game. I don't know how or when you chose her, but I'd like to know, because it's probably a mistake. I also don't know how you ended up with a negative bank account. The only theory I can posit without more information or save files is that your save is cursed. A quick fix to your immediate problem might be to take all the receptionist variables like r2 that have Carolyn assigned to them and reassign them to someone else, like Aria or Bree.

Love the mod Emelex! :D(y) Gives me all the things I'd have to keep a second save for, that I do not want as it feels unnecessary, especially with regards to Lois for instance, as I feel like she would be just as much a sub even on the gf path.:) Also works way better than JL's mod, as it does not throw all the exceptions and errors. Dont get me wrong, I love JLs work, but this title damn near gave me an aneurism with all the errors his mod threw.o_O You should try to get the mod thread linked in the games OP, as I had to scour the thread search to find the post with the link.

Edit: I should add that I only discovered you have it liked in your sig after I found it. My eyes suck, and I have dark mode on, so was hard to spot while skimming through. Cant wait to get the new set of glasses. Theese are far too worn out. Aviator frames with photocromic lenses will be a boon :KEK:
Thank you. If I had any idea about how to get my mod on the game's front page, I'd do it, but I don't.

Is the 9.7 mod compatible with 9.9 version ? i cant seem to start the game after installing it
togs said he was still working out some bugs in v0.9.9 and would have a new build available in a couple of days. I didn't see the point in updating it until then, but since JokerLeader just released a new version of his WT mod, I might consider updating it early.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maviarab

JJB2012

Jul 25, 2019
I'm looking over the base game's files, and apparently Carolyn is not supposed to be available as a receptionist at this point in the game. I don't know how or when you chose her, but I'd like to know, because it's probably a mistake. I also don't know how you ended up with a negative bank account. The only theory I can posit without more information or save files is that your save is cursed. A quick fix to your immediate problem might be to take all the receptionist variables like r2 that have Carolyn assigned to them and reassign them to someone else, like Aria or Bree.

Thank you. If I had any idea about how to get my mod on the game's front page, I'd do it, but I don't.

togs said he was still working out some bugs in v0.9.9 and would have a new build available in a couple of days. I didn't see the point in updating it until then, but since JokerLeader just released a new version of his WT mod, I might consider updating it early.

I chose Carolyn on the option you get after choosing Aria's replacement, can you give me a save that works at the start of 0.95? I really don't what to have to play it all again.

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
I chose Carolyn on the option you get after choosing Aria's replacement, can you give me a save that works at the start of 0.95? I really don't want to have to play it all again.
Choosing Carolyn then should not affect the desk staff at that point. That is some sort of glitch or bug.
You're going to have to define "the start of 0.95". Do you mean the beginning of Day 62?

JJB2012

Jul 25, 2019
My last save before I played this update was day 64 so if you have one around that day that would be great, preferably on that day or before.

GamleErik89

Sep 13, 2018
It's easy usually. Just hit Report button on the game OP, choose Other and give a short reason as to why add it in the input field, and include the link to the mod thread :) I got it put up there now, as I sent in a request before I went to sleep for a few hours ;) (got the confirmation as of 12-13 minutes ago when writing this) Might take anywhere from minutes to hours or days for it to happen, but usually happens within a day or so. (y)

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
My last save before I played this update was day 64 so if you have one around that day that would be great, preferably on that day or before.
Alright. I estimate that 36 files were changed between v0.9.7 and v0.9.9, though most of them only had minor changes. Once I've updated my mod accordingly, I'll find a save from the start of Day 64, make sure it works with the new version, and add it as a reply attachment here or PM it to you.

It's easy usually. Just hit Report button on the game OP, choose Other and give a short reason as to why add it in the input field, and include the link to the mod thread :) I got it put up there now, as I sent in a request before I went to sleep for a few hours ;) (got the confirmation as of 12-13 minutes ago when writing this) Might take anywhere from minutes to hours or days for it to happen, but usually happens within a day or so. (y)
I just saw the front page of the main game. It has my mod there now. Thanks!

JJB2012

Jul 25, 2019
Alright. I estimate that 36 files were changed between v0.9.7 and v0.9.9, though most of them only had minor changes. Once I've updated my mod accordingly, I'll find a save from the start of Day 64, make sure it works with the new version, and add it as a reply attachment here or PM it to you.

I just saw the front page of the main game. It has my mod there now. Thanks!
Thank you, I appreciate it.

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
I just finished the new update and I tested it by doing a fresh playthrough. I've attached a save from the start of Day64 of that playthrough. It's on save page 241, because I have to make a lot of saves to properly test this stuff, but you can just rename that first number to whichever save page you happen to be on and move it to your saves folder and it will appear there. But this latest mod version is based on the v0.9.9 beta build, which has an incomplete phone system, so there may have been one or two missed phone events in that save, I'm not sure.

JJB2012

Jul 25, 2019
I just finished the new update and I tested it by doing a fresh playthrough. I've attached a save from the start of Day64 of that playthrough. It's on save page 241, because I have to make a lot of saves to properly test this stuff, but you can just rename that first number to whichever save page you happen to be on and move it to your saves folder and it will appear there. But this latest mod version is based on the v0.9.9 beta build, which has an incomplete phone system, so there may have been one or two missed phone events in that save, I'm not sure.
That's okay, thanks for doing this.

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes