Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
His personal portfolio was inherited from his parents and was considered untouchable at this point in his life.
Uh, what? His default age is thirty, not 18, and he clearly can touch it since he liquidated it to buy ASi. He spoke to the brokers like he knew them, so that obviously wasn't the first time he'd called them either. Is there something I'm missing here?

I'd much rather people play the way they want to play (broadly as a nice guy or not) than pick an action based on the fact that it's +10 Confidence (or whatever) as we've seen in some of the screenshots posted here.

It kind of feels like "painting by numbers" if you guys are familiar with that. Yes, you end up with a picture that's made of paint, but were you really painting? Certainly there was no creativity involved. An imperfect analogy, but hopefully you get my drift.
That is how a lot of people want to play though, they aren't going to play the game a million times so they might want for example to play once as good and once as bad, which to get the full experience they want to know which choices the game thinks are the good or bad ones, not the ones they might think are the good ones because there might be a significant disconnect there.

Sep 3, 2020
Thank you for that. You're probably right in that the cash has become redundant. In the beginning, I felt like it made the passing of each day feel a little more complete, and also added to as sense that we obviously don't see every last moment of the MC's day, more like the highlights, if you see what I mean. And it's hard to feel like something that's become a part of the experience (for me at least) is just going to vanish.

I also completely agree about the salary costs for example. It's hard to explain my thinking - sometimes I have a sense of what I'm trying to do and then I'm trying to find a way to reflect that in the game.

So a case in point is Kari's "sluttiness". It's a reflection of how she thinks other people see her. So if you tell her that dress is too short or she's showing too much cleavage, the value increases. But for most other characters, it really is how big of a slut they are. And then you have someone like Lois where that same value might more accurately be called Flirtatious or something.

Likewise the management value is supposed to be from the point of someone who just cares about the short term stock price, whereas the MC is trying to engender a sense that the company should be showing that it's going to take care of its people, etc.

There's a point where MC is arguing the case with Pete and says the treatment of the interns is leaving them open to a lawsuit, and Pete is forced to agree, but then says he'll vote against it.

In fact, there's a story in the news right now about the US Postal Service owing huge amounts of overtime, because managers were doctoring people's timecards to make themselves look more efficient and earn bonuses.

Pete also argues he was just doing his duty when he shafted Mallory in the settlement of the uncle's estate. But he is a lawyer, after all... ;)

There's also a goodorbad variable that tracks more or less altruistic actions to some extent.

But these are all artificial and imperfect approximations of concepts that are really much more involved, which is part of the reason I don't like having stats visible.

I accept that people have limited free time, but there are very few hard limits I think, and certainly I would like to leave it open for someone to pursue a relationship with Ashley (for example) later on.

I'd much rather people play the way they want to play (broadly as a nice guy or not) than pick an action based on the fact that it's +10 Confidence (or whatever) as we've seen in some of the screenshots posted here.

It kind of feels like "painting by numbers" if you guys are familiar with that. Yes, you end up with a picture that's made of paint, but were you really painting? Certainly there was no creativity involved. An imperfect analogy, but hopefully you get my drift.

Okay, I have talked way more than I meant to, going to get back to work!
please I hope you don't take our criticism as a personal attack

I hope you keep talking to us on f95

it is rare to find a developer that actually talks to his fans like you do

always remember just because a person has criticism about a game doesn't mean they don't love it

like for example, I love how this game does not force you to do anything you don't want to do

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
Uh, what? His default age is thirty, not 18, and he clearly can touch it since he liquidated it to buy ASi. He spoke to the brokers like he knew them, so that obviously wasn't the first time he'd called them either. Is there something I'm missing here?
I'm saying he's not living off that - it's a long term investment - he trades his regular portflio for ASi stock as a statement of intent.

That is how a lot of people want to play though, they aren't going to play the game a million times so they might want for example to play once as good and once as bad, which to get the full experience they want to know which choices the game thinks are the good or bad ones, not the ones they might think are the good ones because there might be a significant disconnect there.
Right, but that's not how I intended it to be played. It's not D&D. Lots of people use cheat codes or whatever, and that's their choice, but not something I feel like I have to support, nor should I have to explain/defend every decision. I'm reasonable about discussing things, I think, and taking opinions into account, but I'm making a game I'd want to play, the way I'd want to play it. As I've said before, there is a often a disconnect in reality when "boy meets girl" - you don't get to know that buying her flowers or earrings gets you into her panties. There should be a degree of uncertainty.

Generally speaking (and bugs notwithstanding) most of the discussions here have been when people are poking into the variables or "stats" and misinterpreting how things work.

Anyway, there's real work to be done, bugs to be fixed and renders to finish, so I will again bow out for a while.

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
it is rare to find a developer that actually talks to his fans like you do
I'm not sure "fans" is the right word. ;)

I know there have been a couple of times I've taken things harder than they were meant. I'm often up until three or four AM between work and doing this, so I'm tired and sometimes short-tempered, but bear with me.

Sep 3, 2020
I'm not sure "fans" is the right word. ;)

I know there have been a couple of times I've taken things harder than they were meant. I'm often up until three or four AM between work and doing this, so I'm tired and sometimes short-tempered, but bear with me.
don't worry my brother we understand you

everybody gets angry sometimes and there's nothing wrong with that just don't give up on us and don't go anywhere

and I know that you may not believe this but I also hate using mods

the one time I use mods in this game is when I couldn't figure out if I was doing something wrong with Kari

when I play games like this I like to become the character and imagine what would I do in this situation

and I absolutely love you can reject the other girls and you don't have to be a no good dirty cheet

I'm a one-woman kind of man

Last edited:

CrazyRabbit

Engaged Member
Oct 30, 2019
don't worry my brother we understand you

everybody gets angry sometimes and there's nothing wrong with that just don't give up on us and don't go anywhere

and I know that you may not believe this but I also hate using mods

the one time I use mods in this game is when I couldn't figure out if I was doing something wrong with Kari

when I play games like this I like to become the character and imagine what would I do in this situation

and I absolutely love you can reject the other girls and you don't have to be a no good dirty cheet

I'm a one-woman kind of man
So many true things in this post, I'm just gonna say ditto.

Apr 27, 2021
I'm sorry, a little bug.
When I choose the two receptionists, I ask to Lois and so I choose Kari (my favourite, of course, even without interview) and Cassie (her favourite). I made the interview to Aria, but I didn't choose her.
But when, that evening, I come back home with Kari, the dialogue in the car is MC who says to Kari that he choosed Aria as receptionist.

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
I'm sorry, a little bug.
When I choose the two receptionists, I ask to Lois and so I choose Kari (my favourite, of course, even without interview) and Cassie (her favourite). I made the interview to Aria, but I didn't choose her.
But when, that evening, I come back home with Kari, the dialogue in the car is MC who says to Kari that he choosed Aria as receptionist.
There is a bug with the conversation with Aria, it will be fixed in the update, hopefully this weekend!

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
Reactions to 0.4:
Wow! You brought up a bunch of stuff, so I'm going to try to cover some of the points without giving too much away.

Kari's new job: I think we'll let her get herself into another scrape or two before MC puts his foot down and insists she quit.

But she will be able to drive herself now, so that's one less problem to worry about!

Half naked cooking: I know it was a bit of a stretch, but not completely implausible!

I wonder how she'd look in a maid uniform?: I did say on patreon that anyone who paid $10 could choose an outfit! That said, I'd have to find a way to work it in. Like they see someone dressed like that in a TV show and MC says how sexy it is, something like that.

I love her red dress , it's a really hot one: Me too...

Mall_Test.png
That's from early 2015 when Kari was less than a year old (and still a Genesis 2 model, IIRC).

Lois - I love her sundress: I think we'll probably see that again, and others in the same vein.

Internships... sounds like Pete is on our side: I think MC going public forces the board's hand, but yes, you have to think MC will have made enemies with that. But hopefully earned some goodwill with the workforce.

Secure Files Room/IRIS: Lots more to come there.

Kari looks ...really upset. Isn't he going to try to comfort her?: Just ran out of time, will likely round that scene out when I get time.

Mallory: This was another opportunity to follow up on what I think is the recurring motif, that things aren't always as they first seem.

I did it from the outset with the Carrie/Kari confusion, and I've repeated it often enough. That's part of the reason I thought the reaction to the Kari/Randy thing was so ridiculous - nobody was willing to wait and see how it played out, which I still think is a shame, I would like to have given that more time.

Press Conference - he didn't pull his punches: No, but I think in a situation like that you'd want to assert yourself and make it clear you're your own man (or just take the money and do as you're told).

The stocks thing: I figured he waited until after the press conference to instruct his brokers, pretty sure there's no problem there.

Receptionists are all pretty hot and ... equally qualified: I wouldn't say equally qualified, but having at least the minimum in terms of basic abilities. Lois comments that a couple of the candidates would take some work to bring up to speed and MC says he can guess who she means - clearly that's Kayla and Rei (they're also referred to in the forthcoming update as "the youngsters"), and Lois also makes clear (if asked) that she views Cassie as being the outstanding candidate.

using an input box for this choice: with at least seven candidates, it would have meant writing a custom menu screen, and I'm still working out a lot of renpy mechanics. I don't like the default way it's done with the prompt text at the bottom, so would like to change it, but it's not my biggest priority right now.

Marina: Yes, Marina was worried MC might fire her, not that she'd get arrested. I'll rework that scene a bit.

Bugs - Day 19 Lois's glasses disappear: She's been crying and takes them off, but I'll change that so she's holding them.

You also mentioned a couple of typos which I will correct.

Apr 27, 2021
One last thing: I understand that MC wants to live with Kari (I'd do exactly the same!), but it's really strange that a billionaire sleeps for weeks on a couch. :)
I hope that from next update he can sleep in a more realistic place: obviously, first choice would be Kari's bed, but if MC has chosen to get the penthouse free from Mallory (in my game, for example, I offered to Mallory a condo), i'd really consider that place.
It would also mean to see often Keri in bikini, and I guess that nobody would complain.:ROFLMAO:
And I suggest to insert as soon as possible some scenes with Lois. I understand that pace of the game is slow for choice (and I REALLY agree with that DEV's choice, it grows the curiosity and it makes game more realistic and more interesting), but we have a secretary who is HAPPY to show cleavage to the boss to help him to drop stress, and Lois herself said that it's very probable that Mrs. Jonas had sexual intercourses with MC's uncle. I guess it's moment to see different paths (I guess: romantic, domination, yadda yadda yadda), players expect that Lois wants to do it and since "game weeks".
Dream would be a "reasonated threesome" with the two main girls, like in Acting Lessons or in Summer Scent, that are NOT absolutely harem games (all the contrary!!), but where the throuple is built in a very absolutely realistic way.

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
I hope the game is not like Kari is my girlfriend now and the end

I hope there is a lot more game left

with Kari as my girlfriend going on dates and having a lot of sexy time with her if you know what I mean

and something I want to know do I have to have my lust at a certain level to have sex with Kari
No, there's plenty more to come.

Okay... lust.

Lust is a reasonably straightforward characteristic, but a negative one in many ways.

You certainly don't want to let it get out of control.

As it gets into the red zone and higher there can be some problems.

For example, when Kari is wearing the babydoll nightie, and you go into the kitchen for coffee. If your lust is reasonably low, you can choose to keep eye contact, or look at her boobs. But if your lust is higher, you can't help yourself and could end up staring!

Same thing applies if you help Marina - if you're horny you can't stop yourself looking up her skirt.*

Also when lust is high you could suddenly get an erection which could be embarrassing, or you might make a slip of the tongue and say something inappropriate (because sex is all you can think about).

Also if your lust is too high, you could suffer from premature ejaculation. You finally get the girl and... oops!

If it gets REALLY high, you get headaches or, eventually, priapism (an erection that won't go away). That's a real thing, and can damage you forever (it's played for laughs, but basically ends the game).

But just to clear up an earlier misconception - gaining lust is also used as a slight "penalty" for watching Kari undress or shower, for example.

But there might be times when it could help. Maybe you're a little shy about approaching one of the girls, having an elevated lust level might make you desperate enough to say something when normally you wouldn't.

It hasn't happened so far, but alcohol could plausibly have a similar role - a little might make you brave enough to approach a girl, but if you have too much you can't have sex.

Lots of possibilities for the future.

* The original intention was that Marina would only fall off the ladder if you were busy looking up her skirt. I took that out because there wasn't much other content at the time, but meant to restore it, and will do when I get time.

Last edited:

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
One last thing: I understand that MC wants to live with Kari (I'd do exactly the same!), but it's really strange that a billionaire sleeps for weeks on a couch. :)
I hope that from next update he can sleep in a more realistic place: obviously, first choice would be Kari's bed, but if MC has chosen to get the penthouse free from Mallory (in my game, for example, I offered to Mallory a condo), i'd really consider that place.
It would also mean to see often Keri in bikini, and I guess that nobody would complain.:ROFLMAO:
And I suggest to insert as soon as possible some scenes with Lois. I understand that pace of the game is slow for choice (and I REALLY agree with that DEV's choice, it grows the curiosity and it makes game more realistic and more interesting), but we have a secretary who is HAPPY to show cleavage to the boss to help him to drop stress, and Lois herself said that it's very probable that Mrs. Jonas had sexual intercourses with MC's uncle. I guess it's moment to see different paths (I guess: romantic, domination, yadda yadda yadda), players expect that Lois wants to do it and since "game weeks".
Dream would be a "reasonated threesome" with the two main girls, like in Acting Lessons or in Summer Scent, that are NOT absolutely harem games (all the contrary!!), but where the throuple is built in a very absolutely realistic way.
He's definitely not a billionaire, at least not yet!

And yes, sleeping on the couch is not ideal. I did at one point have it that after two weeks he would take Kari out to buy furniture for the second bedroom but people wanted more time before he would decide if he wanted to be with her.

The problem with the condo (a problem I've deliberately created) is that it's an hour from the office (maybe more in traffic), so MC would have two hours lost each day driving. So it is possible that it may be an option in future, but not certain yet.

The condo also has horrendous render times, so I'm not in a hurry to spend too much time there yet. Maybe one day when I have a million patreon subscribers and I get some super-sexy GPUs! ;)

Right now, Lois will flirt like crazy, but that's it. She'll generally know about the women in your life. She'll warn you not to hurt Kari, but otherwise she's very relaxed about you seeing pretty much whoever. She obviously finds MC attractive, and she will feel a little jealous at times, but she is not going to rush into a relationship with MC.

You will get to know more of her backstory as the game develops and you'll understand, I hope.

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
Just a general observation, but I can tell from things said here that people are overlooking key information from time to time.

I'm rendering, so just going back over some past posts again.

kartolas

Apr 10, 2021
Right now, Lois will flirt like crazy, but that's it. She'll generally know about the women in your life. She'll warn you not to hurt Kari, but otherwise she's very relaxed about you seeing pretty much whoever. She obviously finds MC attractive, and she will feel a little jealous at times, but she is not going to rush into a relationship with MC.
Since she is so caring and worried about the MC hurting Karis feelings, I'm sure she won't have any relationship with the MC while he's with Kari. :whistle:

Apr 27, 2021
He's definitely not a billionaire, at least not yet!

And yes, sleeping on the couch is not ideal. I did at one point have it that after two weeks he would take Kari out to buy furniture for the second bedroom but people wanted more time before he would decide if he wanted to be with her.
Not important, but he had ten millions in stocks, as he says before the press conference when he switches his own stocks in ASi's stocks. :ROFLMAO:
Anyway, I understand that it's a need of the game, even if I would go to sleep in the next flat instead of the couch.:ROFLMAO:
But that's a much lesser thing, I'm on the contrary much more interested in what you're writing about Lois, I can't look forward next update so!!
I put clear that the "couch thing" affects for me just the 1% the goodness of the game. This game is very good, the "who sleeps where" and the "is he billionaire or not?" are really the least important things.
Good luck for your work, many of us like really much this game.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
The stocks thing: I figured he waited until after the press conference to instruct his brokers, pretty sure there's no problem there.
I'm not sure. It's not obvious insider trading like if he'd acted on information that isn't available to the public, but I think that a company director doing something to tank the stock then buying a large amount of it is at least a grey area that would attract scrutiny. I'm not an expert, though.
using an input box for this choice: with at least seven candidates, it would have meant writing a custom menu screen, and I'm still working out a lot of renpy mechanics. I don't like the default way it's done with the prompt text at the bottom, so would like to change it, but it's not my biggest priority right now.
The fancy way would be to create a custom screen with the different choices having buttons with their faces on etc.
The simple way is just to edit the choice screen to give it a scrollbar when there are too many menu options. I'm not sure why it isn't like that by default.
Bugs - Day 19 Lois's glasses disappear: She's been crying and takes them off, but I'll change that so she's holding them.
I would have figured if she was crying she'd have taken them off before he arrived, doing it after he talks to her is a little bit odd.

3.80 star(s) 76 Votes