What are your intentions with respect to your relationship with Lois?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vleder

Dec 14, 2020
Now for something completely different, just looking to get some thoughts/feedback.

Patreon:

Clearly it's not bringing in anything like enough to even cover costs on a project like this. Everything in the game was legitimately acquired from Daz, Renderosity and a handful of other sources, or built by me (a lot of the character morphs, MC's laptop, Kari's belly-piercing) and there's a lot of re-working of commercial products to make them usable (MCs car, for example).

I know there will always be some people who don't understand the concept of "give and take" and I'm not looking to MAKE people pay. So I guess it's fair to consider Patreon a tip-jar, which makes it feel like a kick in the teeth when people cancel the last day of the month.

Personally, I'd rather someone sign up for a dollar than come in like a big cheese only to cancel before the billing cycle. I know you can switch to charging up front, but it seems like people have been burned by developers who've gone that route and then delivered nothing.

Are there better options? Come to that, are there other places to promote the game?

Release Schedule:

I still feel there are areas of the existing game that need to be fleshed out and I also think I've not entirely fulfilled the original premise of a less linear structure, although part of that is to do with the way story lines develop.

So far, I've been trying to do a new point release a month, although it's been more like six weeks on average, I think. That's been based on the concept of adding a week of game time to each version.

Is this working for people? Am I losing people because the expect more and sooner?

Compatibility:

Again, still some issues because of the learning curve for me, but I think we're past the point where saves break between versions. Barring any undiscovered bugs, I think saves from the current game should be fine going into version 0.5.

That said, there will probably be another build (0403) before that anyway.
I understand your concern. I guess you've been pouring lots of hours of work and money in this project and a time comes when you start questioning yourself. I hope you don't do that in a negative way. Like I said before I've been following The Roommate since the first version and already saw something there and you even progressed beyond my initial expectations.
I really like this game and don't want to see it abandoned.
What you said about the release schedule... I don't know if that's a positive thing to start forcing yourself to issue monthly updates. Shit may happen and cause delays and so on...
And on the other hand, I think you have more than proved yourself: you share stuff and answers like few others, you make good decisions, your writing is mature and interesting with good humorous moments in the mix and you've give us very good entertainment.
So, the last thing I want is to see you being angry or burnt out. Aaaand you can't neglect your "true" job, the "paying" one! That makes this, for now, a project of personal satisfaction. If necessary take your time and distance yourself enough not to loose enthusiasm or perspective.
I think you should stay true to your original vision. It really is a good concept and broad enough to handle lots of subplots and fun stuff.
And because of all that I'm putting my money where my mouth is! As of today, I'm your newest patron. I even joined near the end of the month (never thought people would do that...) and I'm going to support you for at least a year, whatever your release schedule or plot development. What I dare ask in return is for you to continue as you've been until know.
Who knows, I may even help you to keep buying nice things for the girls...

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
I understand your concern...
Hey, don't get me wrong, my point was that I'm committed to this. I find it very engaging, and it's taken off in ways I didn't foresee. But I know from experience how frustrating it can be as a player waiting for the next installment!

It would be nice to eventually get to a point where at least the costs are covered, and there's no doubt that there will come a point where I've got all the assets I could conceivably need.

Just by way of example, there was a really nice item on renderosity that's basically a Victoria's Secret store. I waited until it was on sale and grabbed it, because (sooner or later) someone's going shopping for lingerie!

It may be a while before it gets used, and I may have to rejig the storefront to fit into the mall setting, but it's there for when I get around to it.

I've also lost count of how many cute dresses I have lined up for Lois and Kari, although stuff that looks like office wear is harder to come by. I will have to rework and/or re-texture some of the stuff I already have, I think, but it all takes time.

I'm also aware that I need to plan some things a little better. MC finally opens the letter that Pete brought over like nine days later. I'll probably amend the earlier conversation to say MC officially becomes CEO on that date, and that the letter says it's only to be opened when he becomes CEO. I think that's better than inserting the consequences of opening the letter at a point that many people are already past.

Last edited:

JokerLeader

Former Legendary Game Compressor
Modder
Game Compressor
Donor
Mar 16, 2019
Joker-Banne-2.jpg
The Roommate [v0.11.01] Walkthrough Mod
Features:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Note: Since I don't have much time anymore, I will only update the mod on new releases, not on bug fixes.

Download: - - ANDROID by cebs

As always if you like the game please show your support for the Dev, .
If you like my work, please consider supporting me on my or , check my .

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2020
View attachment 1416639
I hope you all remember this when you're wondering why there's not so much hot sex in the next version... ;)
well as you know I only care about one girl Kari

but this really helps me especially since I have a reading disability thank you so much for your hard work
oh and I hope I get to spend more time with Kari

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
I very much liked the v0.4 and 0402 updates, except that it still hasn't added back the cunnilingus render from the end of v0.2 that was cut in v0.3.
By the way, I chose Cassie and Bree in the game and the poll because they, along with Aria and Jennie, were among Lois Lane's top picks for the job, and I felt it was unprofessional to make hiring choices based on who I personally thought was most attractive or nepotism. Unless the whole point was to pick the women who I thought were most attractive, in which case the game did not clearly drive home that priority/prerogative. Though in hindsight, choosing Aria for the secondary position would've made Kari more happy. But Lois said Kari clearly didn't want the job, and Cassie was the best candidate, and Kari wanted Aria to get the job. So I feel everyone who voted Kari in the poll didn't really think about any of that or didn't finish the update first, because if she didn't have so many votes right now, Cassie would be in first place and Aria would be second, which is probably a better fit for the game going forward.

Last edited:

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
I very much liked the v0.4 and 0402 updates...
All good points, the one about the letter, in particular, being simply the fact that I ran out of time at the time I was putting 0.4 together.

It's always difficult with something like this to decide the best way to fix it afterwards, but in this case, I fudged and decided that the letter wasn't to be opened until MC officially became CEO, which is on day 29. That seemed like the best way to go.

So I have amended things to add that in the next build, which is 0403 and I hope to have out in the next few days.

I would like to considerably extend and enhance MC and Kari's first night together, but it will have to wait for version 0.5.

A slight complication is that I am moving this week and we're in utter chaos, half in and half out of the new place and the old!

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
All good points, the one about the letter, in particular, being simply the fact that I ran out of time at the time I was putting 0.4 together.

It's always difficult with something like this to decide the best way to fix it afterwards, but in this case, I fudged and decided that the letter wasn't to be opened until MC officially became CEO, which is on day 29. That seemed like the best way to go.

So I have amended things to add that in the next build, which is 0403 and I hope to have out in the next few days.

I would like to considerably extend and enhance MC and Kari's first night together, but it will have to wait for version 0.5.

A slight complication is that I am moving this week and we're in utter chaos, half in and half out of the new place and the old!
Thank you for your response, that does answer most of my questions/comments. I wish I still had a copy of v0.2, though. But I'm looking forward to 0403. And I myself am well aware of the mountainous chaos associated with moving dwelling spaces; good luck with it.

Vleder

Dec 14, 2020

I there togs-games. Glad to hear from you and wish you good luck with moving.

Say... As you seem to have a lot of free time, I mean, you have a full time job, are a solo dev, have an update to finish and are also moving, I feel you are slacking in there. So, I feel its an appropriate time to ask if you would consider rewarding us with a signature from The Roommate. I would gladly use one in my profile. Just saying.

Reactions: togs-games

HornyyPussy

Devoted Member
Apr 26, 2020
What kind of sick, demented, cruel, evil, luciferesk Dev ends such an amazing VN on such a cruel cliffhanger!!?? For shame! For shame..........

Fantastic game! Kari is one of the sweetest LI's I've ever encountered in a VN :love: Good humor, hot kinks (that milking scene was fantastic!) and some very hot (all in second place of course ;) ) LI's!!!!

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
Build 0.4.3 is uploaded to my - I have to get to work so I will upload to mega this evening.

The primary focus was on the menu system for the hiring process. I've included the events of Monday morning after your first night with Kari -- this should be regarded as unfinished, but wanted to help fill in some gaps and let you know where we're going...

3.90 star(s) 65 Votes