togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
Now I'm disappointed that some of you actually thought Mrs. Jakes was okay before. It took a lot of work to make her seem so unattractive (I thought) in the beginning. I think I blew it by having Lois recognise her when they went out for a walk.

As for the story being preposterous, I figured at least it was a change from "my dad died and I moved in with my mom and sisters" who I hadn't seem for the last fifteen years, but I expect there'll be a mod as soon as I introduce the landlady.

zaqrwe

Jun 29, 2018
You're going to have to be a lot more specific - an "error at some point" doesn't give me much to work with.

I usually see an ignore option when I'm debugging, but I guess there are probably times when it's not possible?
Here is it: Day 36 - Monday 8 June - Morning. Last line before error is Lois saying 'I Live to serve'. I'm playing version 0.71, with walkthrough mod included. I know bugs can happen, but lack of Ignore is most annoying thing here, since it basically means my game is done now, nothing I can do to continue.

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
Here is it: Day 36 - Monday 8 June - Morning. Last line before error is Lois saying 'I Live to serve'. I'm playing version 0.71, with walkthrough mod included. I know bugs can happen, but lack of Ignore is most annoying thing here, since it basically means my game is done now, nothing I can do to continue.
See my post on page 88 for that fix... It was from JokerLeader earlier

MAD6999

Nov 21, 2021
View attachment 1141395

Overview:
You get a big promotion and move to Seattle where a friend offers you the use of an apartment. However, he'd previously told a young woman from your company that she could stay there, and your arrival means she could end up homeless. But if you don't mind sharing, you'll get to know the beautiful and enigmatic Kari. The Roommate is somewhat less "linear" than many other games. There are factors outside a player's control that may affect the path the story takes.
And you don't get to shag your mom (or your sisters), but there are plenty of other fish in the sea...​

Thread Updated: 2022-09-20
Release Date: 2022-09-20
Developer: togs - - F95zone
Censored: No
Version: 0.7.1 Public
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

mightybored

Jul 5, 2021
Now I'm disappointed that some of you actually thought Mrs. Jakes was okay before. It took a lot of work to make her seem so unattractive (I thought) in the beginning. I think I blew it by having Lois recognise her when they went out for a walk.
Don't worry, my reactions mirrored the MC's in reference to Mrs. Jakes; I had no idea she went from 0-100 like that.

Reactions: togs-games

Spatenklopper

Jun 4, 2021
Now I'm disappointed that some of you actually thought Mrs. Jakes was okay before.
Ummm....why did you expect anything else from a bunch of perverts? :LOL:

There are people who like women who are so big that they have their own moons orbiting them, or are so full of plastic thanks to operations that they have to be disposed of as special waste when they die and are hardly recognizable as human beings.
Kinks and tastes are so diverse that it's no surprise that some even like Mrs. Jakes the way she was.

What you could work on...

Updating the changelog, it's sometimes quite "research intensive" to find out whether it's an update with new content or "just" a bug fix. :p
I mean it's written in the game, but you have to download it "for nothing" first.

Edit:
Who got a "new face"?

Last edited:
Reactions: togs-games

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I have to say I'm curious what it is you think about her (besides her behaviour) was unattractive before the change. I thought she was pretty hot all along.

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
I've been going back and replaying all the chapters of the game from the beginning, and I still can't figure out why Kara Watkins freaked out so bad when she thought the player told
She just told her a few days later anyway, so why was she so adamant about him keeping it a secret?

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
I've been going back and replaying all the chapters of the game from the beginning, and I still can't figure out why Kara Watkins freaked out so bad when she thought the player told
She just told her a few days later anyway, so why was she so adamant about him keeping it a secret?
Some people might think it's their prerogative to share (or not share) that sort of information. In this case, Kara wanted to meet Kari herself first.

Reactions: Emelex

Emelex

Nov 15, 2018
Attached below is my custom revision of JokerLeader's Walkthrough mod for togs-games' The Roommate v0.7.2, which I call The Roommate v0.7.2 WT+ mod. I've spent several days working on it. It has more information about the various choices you can make in the game than the base WT mod does, and it changes some of the game logic to make some scenes easier to see. It also adds a few extra lines.
The most important feature, I think, is the addition of a roleplay option to Chapters 40-45, which allows players who choose to make Lois their Girlfriend or Mistress or something roleplay as their personal slave or slut for a while in order to see more lewd scenes and nudity that would otherwise only be available to players who chose to make Lois their Sub or Slut instead.
Installation instructions and a more comprehensive list of changes and additions are available in the ReadMe.txt file included in the mod archive. It's a little over 10 MB in total, but most of that is because of the four extra renders I added to the game images folder (and two of them remain unused).

Last edited:

Chrononaut

Feb 6, 2021
Every update I download, I end up replaying the game.... loading earlier saves just takes me back to the Main Menu. Very annoying. This time, the game is really buggy. It jumped from earlier scenes; when he just met Kari for the first couple of days to when he was stabbed and hospitalized... with or without the WT mod.

Anyone experiencing this too?

I am using 0.7.2 on MacOS.

Reactions: botc76

Ramagar

Nov 19, 2017
Every update I download, I end up replaying the game.... loading earlier saves just takes me back to the Main Menu. Very annoying. This time, the game is really buggy. It jumped from earlier scenes; when he just met Kari for the first couple of days to when he was stabbed and hospitalized... with or without the WT mod.

Anyone experiencing this too?

I am using 0.7.2 on MacOS.
For the past 4 or 5 updates, I have had to restart the game also. Not sure why old saves do not work.

fleetp

Game Developer
Jul 30, 2018
Great game, wonderful art.

I encountered a bug, but I looked and didn't see where it was reported here. I'm playing compressed version 0.7.2.

I'll download the uncompressed version and see if I get the same result.

EDIT: On the uncompressed version 0.7.2, I loaded a save that I made in London. The same bug happened.

Last edited:

togs-games

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2021
Great game, wonderful art.

I encountered a bug, but I looked and didn't see where it was reported here. I'm playing compressed version 0.7.2.

I'll download the uncompressed version and see if I get the same result.
I think you're right - that seems to be an oversight on my part, I'll check it.

Reactions: fleetp and Emelex
3.80 star(s) 76 Votes